Let's talk NHL PLAYOFFS!!!

After Game 2, Phoenix has shown that they do not deserve to be in the WCF. Here's hoping the Kings will dispatch of them quickly.

I have to admit, if the Rangers make it out of this round, I'm a little terrified at the idea of facing the Kings! They're steamrolling through the playoffs.

I have to admit, if the Rangers make it out of this round, I'm a little terrified at the idea of facing the Kings! They're steamrolling through the playoffs.

Yep. The L.A. "Flyer: The Next Generation" are lighting the lamp, almost at will. Looks like the Kings saw what the rest of the league was terrified of last year and what Philly management refused to admit. Give the Flyers a goalie with a sub 2.35 GAA, and they would've been just as unstoppable.

As much as I hate any Southern California team, I am amazed at the Kings. I will root for them, and have (actually, the fact that Phoenix is in this confounds me too!) What the Kings are doing gives me renewed hope that my Sharks can achieve greatness someday.

(And my personal rankings in any sport are: Northern California, Southern California and any New York team would be at the bottom of my preference list.)

Not related to the Stanley Cup playoffs, but this thread is probably a good place to ask.

Does anyone remember when teams started wearing their dark uniforms at home and their white ones while away?

I know it was like that (dark/home, white/away) in the 1960s. But for the vast majority of the time I've been watching hockey it was always the home team who wore white. (OK, the LA Kings had a yellow phase and some of the Vancouver Canucks various getups were shockingly gaudy).

I'm guessing teams switched to dark/home, white away after the strike year of 2005, but I really don't recall.

I'm a long time Flyers fan, by the way.

Jim

Yep. The L.A. "Flyer: The Next Generation" are lighting the lamp, almost at will. Looks like the Kings saw what the rest of the league was terrified of last year and what Philly management refused to admit. Give the Flyers a goalie with a sub 2.35 GAA, and they would've been just as unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

Don't I wish!!! I was never comfortable with Bryzgalov in the net this whole season. The main reason the Flyers beat the Penguins was because Pittsburgh's defense/goaltending was even worse. But I knew it would be unlikely that the Flyers would advance over the Devils.

Jim

I think it was after the lockout that they started wearing the dark jerseys at home.

So, has anyone heard if Callahan has guaranteed a game 6 victory? At this point, I need it to be 1994.

I think it was after the lockout that they started wearing the dark jerseys at home.

So, has anyone heard if Callahan has guaranteed a game 6 victory? At this point, I need it to be 1994.

I don't think anyone has the guts to do that again.

Gotta say that I am really enjoying watching this series. I'm hoping they go to game 7, triple overtime and just beat the heck out of each other.

Congrats PadStack. You are 3 periods away from being where I was 12 months ago. I wonder what a Stanley Cup parade will look like in L.A.

By the way... I feel a new sense of pity for out of market hockey fans that do not have the NHL network. ESPN is abyssmal when it comes to coverage of the NHL. They'll spend the opening 10 minutes of the Sportscenter broadcast about an NBA conference finals blow out and 90 seconds on an OT Stanley Cup Championship game.

GOD!!!

woo-hoo!

I thought it would be the Kings in 5, but it's looking like the Kings in FOUR!!

Devil fan here... and right now i am just hoping it will not be a sweep! LOL (of course a miracle 4 games in a row would be appreciated too..LOL)

Your team is on FIRE!!!

My DS18 wants a game 5 and wants to go to the Rock to see the Kings raise the cup... he is a Devil fan.. but also a hockey goalie and he has been talking about Quick all year...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter