Lets Talk Mr.Potato Head

diswisher

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm sure this question has been posted a million times already (sorry). I'm just wondering where is the best place to get Mr.Potato head parts? Is there a store where you can just fill the box with parts and not the body etc? I think I read on here somewhere that you should get the arms/hands because their the only ones that will hold the diffrent objects? Any other tips?

Thanks

There are several places at WDW where you can get parts for Mr. PH. I think the biggest place is "Once Upon a Toy" at DD. They also have them at MGM and various resort gift shops on property.

Yes, definitely get the arms. I wouldn't bother with the body, though...you can get those cheaper (same exact thing) at any retail store (WalMart, Target, TRU, etc.) Filling a box will cost you $18. If you're strategic about it, you can get between 30 and 40 pieces in there. Some pieces are bigger than others, too, so remember that.

Have fun! Mr. PH is one of our family favorite toys pirate: Don't forget to get the "pirate" eyes...too cute!

The one I always go to (though I know there are others) is @ Downtown Disney @ Once upon a Toy NOT World of Disney.

You do not have to buy the potato body, he takes up 90% of the room. You can fill it with as much as you can so that the box closes.

My advice, put everything you want on the counter (don't put anything in the box at all) and then, piece by piece put in the box. Once the box is nearly capacity, see what other little parts can fit (autograph books, etc.).

Make sure to get plenty of the arms, these are the only ones that can hold the Disney specific items.

Also, if you have a girl or a girl on your shopping list, Once upon a toy also has the My little pony kiosk (same as potato head w/parts)
have fun!!!

We saw a cute accesorries pack at VMK central on Main st of the magic kingdom. It was a POTC pack. They also have a pack at Once upon a toy of Darth Tator. Saw the same pack at Walmart for less.

For the Mr. Potato and My little Pony, you get a box and fill it up with as much as you can for a price. If you already have a potato, you can just add body parts and accessories. You'll get alot more stuff with out the potato taking up room.

Lol, lionqueen beat me. Just wanted to add. When you pack the stuff in the box, put large stuff in first. Then small. give it a good tap on the counter, and add more stuff.

The Mr. Potato head "stations" are in many shops - and the hard part is you will find different pieces at different gift shops. We filled a box at the shop in Dinoland...then found NYC themed pieces at the DTD toy store (Liberty torch and head piece). You do not have to get a body - you can just fill the boxes with parts - once you get the larger pices in, you can then "fill in" with arms and smaller parts! Look on the shelves too - there are some sets - like the pirate or Darth Tator that are already packaged. Have fun!

:wizard:

Here is a list of the latest parts - Series 4

A Donald Duck faced cap
Donald Duck bill
Donald Duck blue hat
Goofy face hat
Disney cruise ship hat w/ Mickey ears
Minnie Mouse red hat w/ flower
Ariel hair
Ariel tail base
Tinkerbell Hair
Tinkerbell shoes
Tinkerbell wings
Mickey Mouse doll
Glass slipper on pillow
Pirate patch eyes
Pin collecting lanyard
Soda cup
Popcorn
Camera
Mickey Mouse shaped Halloween bucket
Gold 50th Anniversary Ears

When we went in 2004, we filled one box, and it was stuffed. We got all the pieces we wanted, and it was our first potato head purchase. It's obviously taken off, because there were sooo many different pieces on our last trip. We filled two boxes, and we still didn't get them all. The problem is that they've come out with so many BIG pieces. My girls love Tinker Bell and Little Mermaid. Well, they have pieces for those, and they are huge. So, it is getting harder to stuff all those pieces in a box.

We were just there December 10-18th and we bought our girls the potato heads at ONCE UPON A TOY for $18 for the Potato and the parts. Now, we filled the potato up, and then filled in the box after it was in it. As long as they can close the box, you are good! You CAN buy a box of parts for $18 and NOT the Potato, which you CAN buy the Potato seperately for $7.00 as well :) They have kits full of different outfits for sale as well!
D.D.

I wanted a Mr. Potato for the last 2 trips. On our 3rd I finally bought it. To avoid the whole selection issue - they do sell a prepackaged one as well. Makes it easier for those indecisive people. You know this is a life or death choice, don't you? :rotfl2:

I know Pop Century has a 'build your own' Potato Head station in their store, Everything Pop.

So, now I'm home, and I want MORE! I have the potato, and quite a few parts, but all the ones you've listed sound so much better than the ones I have (although I do love the glass slippers I got!). Does anyone know of an online source for more pieces, or do I have to wait until my next trip (which may not be for years).

I have always thought the DTD store was best for the Mr. P and My Little Pony. This past year my daughter wanted only MLP. So while at DTD we stuffed and stuffed a box. Got some great dressing accessories. ANyhow, while in Toon town, DH and DD were on the character line and i meanered around the shop for christmas stuff. I was distressed to find quite a few "princess" accessories for the ponies in the collection they offered. I must of had quite an expression on my face because a cast member came up to me and mentioned that it hard to choose which to put in first. I explain we had already stuffed a box at DTD and we had carefully planned the souviners for this trip (plus Christmas/Santa purchases). So she asked my who my DD favortie princess was (Cinderella), and she proceded to pick out the skirt, cape and cap for her and told me to put it in my bag and suprise DD on Christmas day! That is what i call Magic Pixie Dust!!!!! :wizard:
Next time, (we usually go to MK a few times each trip) i will investigate Toon Town shop for their inventory and then compare with DTD. Since DD we have always spent our last night at MK, so that "might make it easy"
Heidi

Can someone please tell me about the My little pony? Is it a blank horse and you add eyes, hair etc just like MR. PH? :confused3 What do you do with the accessories...do they have arms tht hold stuff? Im trying to picture this but I cant! Anyways, we are taking our first trip next month and I though MPH would be a unique souvinear for my girls princess: princess: , but MLP sounds cool too. And you definitely reccomend just getting the parts and buying a head at walmart or something? So any info would be great...TIA! :goodvibes

Also, if you have a girl or a girl on your shopping list, Once upon a toy also has the My little pony kiosk (same as potato head w/parts)
have fun!!![/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if you can still purchase some of the larger pieces (tink and little mermaid) separately if you are already purchasing a box full of parts?

We saw some parts at MGM last week. It was in one of the stores on the main street when entering MGM. It didn't look like they had the whole selection to choose from though.

We have also seen parts in the County Fair in MK. This location seemed to be bigger but I don't remember what parts they had.

The MLP station is set up similiar to the Tater Head station. They have several different colors of ponies, ( just like the ones you can buy in the stores) and lots of accesorries such as beds, clothes, carriages, makeup tables, dressers, , hats, and brushes for the ponies. You pick up a box (a little smaller than a happy meal box) and stuff as many parts and ponies as you can in it for $18 The 2 places that i know that have the MLP kiosks are Once Upon A Toy and County Fair

There are ponies (just like the ones in a toy store near you) and all sorts of accessories and clothing. Not a Mr Pony Head or anythign like that. I think there is furniture, hair stuff, clothing, etc...

*curses, there was a page 2 - sorry for restating the info*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter