• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's Talk Disney World...

MaddieC

Earning My Ears

Okay, I'm going to Disney this summer and its been a while since I have been there. Now that I am not the little princess I wish I still was I'm trying to figure out somethings to do in Disney for teens. You can post funny stories, ideas, cool places, and any fun things you do when you go to Disney ;)

Have fun, and hopefully I can find some good ideas for my trip!

I'm going this summer too!

Our vacations are planned day by day in advance and usually consist of a park in the morning, grabbing a counter service, going back to the resort and using the pool or going out to shop, going to a table service dinner and then there's either night shows/walking around or coming back to the resort to sleep. So er as a teen I'm never short of things to do but we don't utilise any of the hotel run activities or anything...

Im going in August for 16 days (its a tradition) and I recommend waking up early and go to the parks for opening (usually less crowded) and the magic kingdom does a morning ceremony thing every morning before the park opens! It's very cute! Also, make reservations for sit down meals ahead of time! Because sometimes you can't get it, especially the ones w/ the characters!

I'm going this summer too, but I'm also going in January for my birthday. Disney has a lot of things aimed at teens. Thrill rides, Downtown Disney shopping, sit down meals, etc. But you can still do some of the same things you did when you were younger, that's the best part :-)

I'm going this summer too, but I'm also going in January for my birthday. Disney has a lot of things aimed at teens. Thrill rides, Downtown Disney shopping, sit down meals, etc. But you can still do some of the same things you did when you were younger, that's the best part :-)

Oh my Gosh! I'm going this month for my brother's birthday too! I do agree with you on doing the same things you did when you were younger, i still get character's autographs- I've been doing that since my very first visit. hahaha

But there's so much for teens to do at Disney; like at Downtown Disney there's this place call Disney Quest, I've only been there once but that place was jam packed with teens and families. You can spend an entire day there doing a bunch of different stuff! Now I'm not sure if it's still open but I'd be glad to look it up for you, Maddie C.

I am going in Feb.

Our normal disney day goes a little like this...
Eat breakfast in our hotel roompopcorn::
Then we grab our things and head to the bus stop:woohoo:
Depending on what Tour Guide Mike says we go to a park
We never spend a full day in Down Town Disney only nights
We have had our dinner reservations for a couple months now and we get our reservations the day we can start planning:thumbsup2

What ever you choose to do in Disney I don't think it matters. Mas long as you with your family and having a good time and enjoying the heat while you can!:grouphug::beach:

I think the most important thing to remember is to relax, and not to OVER-plan. Yes, you'll need hotel and dining reservations, but it's much easier to enjoy your trip when you just take it one step at a time.

There isn't too much in Disney specifically for teens, but they do have a few great thrill rides. Most activities at the hotel are usually geared for kids 12 and under. Disney Quest in DTD is fun for everyone. Just remember, you're in Disney, and it's okay to still be a princess :goodvibes

I love going to Downtown Disney. There is so much shopping you can do there, and they have music and fireworks.. Its a lot of fun.

Thanks guys! Hope you all have fun on you trips. I'm going on August and most likely staying at Coronado springs.

Oh I will definatly be getting autographs and pin tradingprincess:

Thanks guys! Hope you all have fun on you trips. I'm going on August and most likely staying at Coronado springs.

Oh I will definatly be getting autographs and pin tradingprincess:

Pin trading seriously makes the trip complete, it's SO much fun! and if you're going in August, I recommend going the last two weeks of the month, if you can, because the crowds are a little lighter :goodvibes we always go at the end of August

I say you need to go to disney quest! It's one of the funnest and most teen friendly environment! Also try out all the thrill rides especially rock n rollercoaster! Even though you are a teen and some rides seem only for little kids, ride them! Every ride is fun at Disney! Every park has at least two teen friendly rides that the whole family can enjoy! I listed each of them below check it out!!!!:) (I listed my personal favorites first!)

Magic kingdom- space mountain (awesome!) splash mountain and big thunder mountain railroad

Epcot- test track (so much fun but for the little ones it's not as scary as it appears at the entrance! It's fun for everyone!) and mission space (not for those who get sick easily!)

Hollywood studios- rock and rollercoaster (my faveorite but it is very intense!) and tower of terror (verrrryyyyy scarrryyyyyyy!!!!!!!:o)

Animal kingdom- exhebition everest (awsome ride and goes backwards) and dinosaur (very fun and very scary not recommended for little ones:)

If your going in August make sure you take a day at a water park (I ecomend typhoon lagoon!) the food there is not stellar though since the restraint isn't owned by Disney but it is nearby a McDonald's if u want a quick meal! I also recommend getting a book on Disney to help you learn about it! I got one and I love it I recommend the complete Walt Disney world 2011 by Julie and mike Neal its a great book and the authors are Disney experts!! And I'm going in August to! We r very lucky people!!;):littleangel:

This isn't my account, this is my mom's because I need to get my account verified.

At Epcot I love to do the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure with my little brother. Also at Epcot, I enjoy doing the passport. At each country, a CM will stamp it and write a message in your passport. You can find it in most of the gift shops there. It comes in a pack with the passport itself, a pin with mickey on the front, and stickers. I usually buy it at the gift shop at the International Gateway, so if you can't find it anywhere else, it will most likely be there.

At the bookstore by me, I bought a hidden mickey book and a Disney treasure hunt book. I read through it and some of the hunts seem hard and some seem easy and you can choose your difficulty level. I am really excited about doing it the next time we go. I am also making a video documentary the next time we go to keep myself occupied in lines and to look back on the trip.

At Epcot I love to do the Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure with my little brother. Also at Epcot, I enjoy doing the passport. At each country, a CM will stamp it and write a message in your passport. You can find it in most of the gift shops there. It comes in a pack with the passport itself, a pin with mickey on the front, and stickers. I usually buy it at the gift shop at the International Gateway, so if you can't find it anywhere else, it will most likely be there.
I heard about the Kim Possible adventure and it sounds really fun! My sister and I will definatly be doing that!

I say you need to go to disney quest! It's one of the funnest and most teen friendly environment!
I'll have to look that up and see what it is :) is it something my little sister(6) would be able to do too?

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;43605373 said:
Pin trading seriously makes the trip complete, it's SO much fun! and if you're going in August, I recommend going the last two weeks of the month, if you can, because the crowds are a little lighter :goodvibes we always go at the end of August
Yeah, we always go the last to weeks. I've been collecting pins since I was little it is so much fun! Last trip was my sisters first time, and I got her hooked on pins too!

If your going in August make sure you take a day at a water park (I ecomend typhoon lagoon!) the food there is not stellar though since the restraint isn't owned by Disney but it is nearby a McDonald's if u want a quick meal! I also recommend getting a book on Disney to help you learn about it! I got one and I love it I recommend the complete Walt Disney world 2011 by Julie and mike Neal its a great book and the authors are Disney experts!! And I'm going in August to! We r very lucky people!!;):littleangel:
I got my "Unofficail Guide to Disney 2012 for Christmas :woohoo: We are still debating about the waterpark whether my sister would like it, and if its in the budget.

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;43605373 said:

AMEN! Pin Trading is my life!!!!!!! :love:

I've never done pin trading, but I've seen lots of people with them around their necks.. What do you do with them exactly? :P

I've never done pin trading, but I've seen lots of people with them around their necks.. What do you do with them exactly? :P
You can buy different pins at your hotel gift shop, or at the parks (they all have desginated pin trading stops so check the map) and you can trade with casts members(they can't refuse). The more you buy, the more you can trade and renew your collection. Its addicting :lmao:

where are you staying?
Coronado Springs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter