Lets talk CL!

We stayed at AoA two days before our Poly CL stay and had DDP on that reservation so we got to eat our favorite table services. When we got to Poly CL we ate breakfast and dinner options in the lounge, we typically ate one QS for lunch and two snacks. We did this for 5 nights, 6 days and were very content. I also think that eating a TS at lunch would work too- as long as your big meal is at lunch. We enjoyed the schedule of having a relaxing breakfast and dinner at the resort!

First, WL CL is absolutely :cloud9: We loved everything about it, the food, the lounge, the view from the lounge, our room (with a view of the castle), the CM's...everything was OUTSTANDING...

Second, when you think of CL, I don't think you can ask the question, is it worth it?? Because, if you are looking strictly at the numbers, the answer is probably no. You will never get dollar for dollar the return on your "investment" in CL. But, the intangibles are what makes us keep booking it. We really love having the IPO available to us...we still make some of our reservations but let the IPO do some...what is awesome is being able to call or email them and get a person, right away...not have to go through the automated system for answers.

We love the secured buildings/floors of CL. We love the personal attention that you get - it's just a being pampered on vacation thing. We don't spend like crazy in our normal lives so vacation is one place where we like to "live like a royal family" :rotfl:

We do shop a lot on vacation, we like having the stuff shipped right back to our room and not having to pick it up at the gift shop.

We love the turndown service, it's nice to have fresh clean towels at the end of the day.

It's all the little things that add up to being "worth it" for us. It's the experience. So, if those things matter to you, then I think you won't be disappointed. :goodvibes

i agree with all this. if you are looking for a way to save $$$ i don't think you will be happy with cl. we also enjoy the ease and relaxed feel of cl. we like the lounge and spend a lot of time there. we take advantage of the offerings but we realize we are paying for all of this. i like that there is always someone there to help us if we want to watch a dvd or change plans for the day. it feels like extra disney magic, people always going the extra mile to make sure you enjoy yourself. of course we realize it is disney magic we are paying for. :)

Oh and also Poly CL has a sangria type punch with alcohol that is delicious. I'm not a beer or cordials drinker so the punch and wine were great options for me.

It's a wine punch, I have the recipe somewhere, but it is a bit sangria like if I recall right. It's pink and I think it had some fruit, some juice, wine, and something fizzy.

Thank you!

Can anyone tell me how much this would cut down on food costs?

The only thing I really see CL cutting down on in your food costs is breakfast. The offerings for lunch/dinner are not plentiful enough to make a meal of (unless you have a very light appetite), and most people probably aren't at the hotel during at least one meal time, whether it be lunch or dinner. We still scheduled a TS dinner during our CL stays and had a CS lunch. Really we didn't see any food savings over being in a non-CL room other than we didn't eat shipped granola bars for breakfast and we had to buy fewer drinks (both alcoholic and non).

In other words, you don't really do CL to cut down on food costs. You do it for the perks and the pampering.

CL is subjective and a really personal thing. We stayed CL at BWI last summer and we liked it okay (me more so than DH, who was not thrilled), but it really isn't our thing. The lounge is awesome--having the extra space to sit is nice, and it did help with our breakfast costs (oatmeal, pastries, hard boiled eggs, coffee). It was nice to have snacks, and of course the appetizers and desserts were great. But if you are in the parks most of the day, you won't be taking advantage of those things as much, since they are only out for a limited time. Breakfast, of course, comes out early, so it's easy to eat before hitting the parks.

That said, DH and I were both kind of uncomfortable with the attention you get from the CL CMs. It's all positive, of course, but we found we don't really like being waited on like that (like I said, a personal thing). We don't care about turndown service, don't need or want extra help...it's just the way *we* are. So even though we said we wouldn't book CL again, we did this year at AKL, solely for ability to do the Sunrise Safari (which I am SO EXCITED ABOUT). Plus, it'll be a fun surprise for the kids. They know we'll be at AKL, but don't know we booked CL. They loved the lounge last year and asked if we could stay CL again; we had said no, so they will be shocked. ;)

Anyway, if you think you might like it, try it. You probably won't save a lot of money, but it's a nice experience, and lots of people find they love it. I'd say if it sounds like something that's up your alley, give it a shot! If you don't love it, or find it wasn't worth the money, then just don't book CL again.

ETA: My ILs booked BC CL last year while we were at BWI (which was sold out) and loved it so much. It works with their touring style--not in the parks as much, slower pace. They liked it so much they are doing a three way CL split this year--GF Sugarloaf, AKL (with us), and then BC again. Again, like I said--a personal thing. :)

Thanks everyone! I don't think it will work for us this trip, perhaps a future stay :)

Also, can anyone staying CL go on the morning safari that is $50/person (Private one)? I know it's offered to AKL CL patrons. Thx!

....and we are doing it again during our upcoming trip...

For us, this was one of the highlights of staying at the AKL.

To be in the park an hour or two after the animals are out, was amazing! They were playing and eating and chasing our tour vehicle (the ostriches)... in fact, we had a male rhino about 1' away from the bus that I swear was checking each of us out.

The regular ride for the public is about 20-25 minutes... our tour was 1:20 minutes long. We were even lucky enough to have the Head Curreator (sp?) for the Animal Kingdom park as our tour guide. What a treat that was!

After the tour, we were even treated to a private breakfast at Pizzafari that featured african and american breakfast items.

If you ever have the chance to book CL level, and are able to do the sunrise safari, know that it's well worth it.

~D

For our family of 5, its worth it. 3 grown kids.........who are always eating, lol:lmao: . We eat almost every breakfast in the CL .........that alone saves a lot of money .........and time. We eat early before the parks, so we dont have to waste precious early morning park time on food. Breakfast in WDW for a family of adds up FAST.......even if its bakery type stuff, and coffee / juice. Easily $75. for our family to eat a "fast breakfast", every morning.
Add the snacks throughout the day, Beer and wine for the adults (which is $$$ at WDW :scared:) , light dinner offerings, and desserts...........CL does pay for itself for our family. Our average upcharge for CL is usually $100. per night ......... and usually we book room only with an average of 30% off rate.
So add all the food offerings plus the extras that CL offers ........ gold KTTW cards :goodvibes . The lounge, secure access to our own floor or building and the CL staff is always there to help with whatever is needed. We love it and do CL as much as we can.

For smaller families, it may not be as worthwhile, but for families of 4-5 or more ..it can pay for itself.

But you cant really always think of CL as a monetary savings decision ....... mostly its just nice (and fun) to stay CL level.

Only you can decide.
But I will warn you ..........if you do try it, you will be "hooked" ! :rotfl2: It may be hard to go back to WDW ever again without staying CL.
Ask me how I know .......... a family of 5 thats hooked on CL !!!, lol :rolleyes1

Good luck with your decision !

Syndrome

Only you can decide.
But I will warn you ..........if you do try it, you will be "hooked" ! :rotfl2: It may be hard to go back to WDW ever again without staying CL.
Ask me how I know .......... a family of 5 thats hooked on CL !!!, lol :rolleyes1

Good luck with your decision !

Syndrome[/QUOTE]

:rotfl2:

Ya we hooked too! Upgraded in 2011 and have stayed CL 3 times since:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter