• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lets talk breakfast

We're not really breakfast people. We are rope drop people!! :rotfl2: However, we really enjoy Crystal Palace, Kona Cafe, and Grand Floridian. Looking forward to trying Tusker House on our upcoming trip (pre park opening of course!) ;) Otherwise, we usually eat a totally unhealthy pastry we purchased at the bakery the night before!! :lmao:

Us too (rope drop people)!!
I'm planning to book a few pre rope drop breakfasts on our next trip through.

In no particular order...Boma, Kona, Olivias, The Wave, Trails End and Kona

Olivia's Cafe
Kona Cafe
Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends with early start to Magic Kingdom)
Tusker House (The fab 4 characters in safari attire and an early start to Animal Kingdom)

Woohoo! We've done 2/4 of those and plan to go to all 4 on our next trip. Glad to see them on this thread!

We loved Tusker House so much. It was one the one place we all wanted to do again this next trip.

We enjoyed Crystal Palace other than their bacon (why can't they get decent stuff without all the fat in?) and the tea (I'm British, I am practically powered by tea, and it was the first cup I had had in nearly 5 days. Tea is made with boiling water, not hot water. It was awful!) But if you don't need a proper cup of tea to have a decent breakfast, or bacon that is primarily meat and not fat, it's all good! The characters are fun too! :D

We love to do rope drop at MK and then head to Kona after we hit our must-dos for a very tranquil late brunch. The Samoan eggs benedict is absolutely unreal. They also have the super yummy POG juice and the press pot is to die for.

Kona and Boma are my favorites! Always plan at least one of these each trip. It's been Boma the past two times, I'm missing tonga toast!

Favorite counter service:

Roaring Forks at WL-
LOVE the Mickey waffles with toppings. I always get Mickey Waffles with choc chips and whipped cream with a side of hash browns. They have the shredded type hash browns which I like much better than those gross breakfast potatoes most places serve

WPE- Yum! I have only tried the cornflake french toast and a waffle but both were awesome!

Favorite Table service: Tough call b/c I LOVE breakfast and haven't really disliked any That I have tried

Crystal Palace would have to be my top choice though. Love the puffed french toast and early mornings in the MK are the best!

I have not tried Kona or Trail's End for breakfast but they are both on the list to try soon.

In really wanted to go to kona, but we're eating at Ohana and kona for dinner so I thought my hubby might think that was an overload.... Lol

We are doing both :lmao: I wondered the same thing, making 2 trips to the Polynesian, but then I decided I didn't care. :rotfl2: We knew that 'Ohana was a definite and I really wanted to go to Kona for my birthday breakfast. I figured, my husband and my kids would be happy with breakfast no matter where we eat. I told him and he's fine with it (I knew he would be). But....see what happens when I make all the plans. We eat where I want to. :rotfl:

For non-character I love the Kona Cafe. The portions are large, and the food is very good. Many people rave about the Tonga Toast, but I love their omelettes.

For character I don't think you can beat the Crystal Palace. The food is good, and how can you not love Pooh, Tigger, and Eyeore?

Kona Café we didn't try any cs because we stay at club level last time. Next summer that will be different.

I love having breakfast at Crystal Palace on my first day after an hour or two of riding the attractions. :goodvibes I never fill up on the bread or pastries except the puffed french toast, and never would risk an omellet when I can make myself one at home. But everything else, yum pass it here! Love it!

Other than that I am all about the parks and wouldn't want to spend precious morning hours on breakfast. But the Crystal Palace is something special! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter