• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let's Start with Art!!! November 2013 Report

I finally got a chance to come back and catch up on my favorite sisters trip report. I am also quite excited today to think that it is now 2014 so maybe my favorite sister will be coming back to meet me at the happiest place on earth again next year. :)

Aww, so sweet. I think 2015 does sound like a good year for Disney travel! I will def be thinking about the possibilities to help get me through the daily work routine!

This was quite funny:rotfl2:

Buzz can be a funny guy!

Good job spotting the Hidden Sister

It is kinda hard to see at first. You are well hidden!

I remember how glad we were to get this awesome shot of such an exciting background.

Yes, it is particularly lovely.:crazy2:
I read that Raglan Road was doing a make over on their shop at that time and that it is now finished. We just got lucky that we captured it when it was at this stage of beauty.

Another Hidden Sister Spot. I did not realize I was dressed like a fish.:confused3

I love that pic! Being dressed like a fish makes a great photo. :cool2:

I haven't read much of that book I bought in Japan. It was a little corny for me.
I am really enjoying your report and love that you include shots from past trips. I will try not to get so far behind again.

Well, thank you for reading and commenting. And for going to the parks with me!!! :hug:

I am all caught up! I enjoyed your trip around AoA. Jane really did match those fish! Aristocats is one of my favorite movies! Marie is my favorite character!! Your lunch at BOG looks delicious! When I went there, I ate in the west wing and it was absolutely breathtaking!

AoA was a lot of fun! lol, I know! She wore the perfect shirt for the fishy photo!
I love that they show the outdoor movies at the resorts. And I love meeting charcters (like Marie) that are from some of the older movies.
Lunch at BOG was so yummy! I could go for that food again today! Oh my gosh, don't you know that the west wing is FORBIDDEN!! :laughing: just kidding, I would love to sit in there. I didn't stay in there long enough to take in all the fun details and I hope to do that someday!

While in New Fantasyland of course I was curious about the progress of the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. This ride does really appeal to me so I was wishing that it could have been complete for this trip. I actually had expected it to be further along than it appeared since it was supposed to have an early 2014 opening.

ry%3D400

Jane took me over to see this view of the Beasts castle before we headed towards Adventureland.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Before we got there we caught Tiana's meet and greet!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We finally made it to the mysterious Adventureland area.

ry%3D400

Our first destination was Pixie Hollow! I wanted to see which fairies were available for photos.
The photos and videos that were available to see in the que, told the story of Tink and her sister Periwinkle. Tink being from a warm climate and Peri being from the Winter Woods. Jane thought this situation was perhaps mirroring our own sister situation. Jane lives in Florida and typically enjoys warmer weather. I, on the other hand, live where winters can be quite cold, snowy and icy. I typically DON'T enjoy this. :cold:
This picture shows where Tink and Peri can go to meet with each other and maybe Jane and I could meet here too.

ry%3D400

We finally made it in to meet with some fairies and Tink seemed pleased we were there.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After our Tink photoshoot we were told that Periwinkle was not able to greet today. :(

But we were encouraged to take a photo in her greet area, and so we did!

ry%3D400

We were happy that we learned about these sisters even if we didn't actually see them together.

ry%3D400

We left Pixie Hollow and went over to ride Pirates of the Caribbean!

ry%3D400

Here is an older pic of me before riding Pirates on a past vacay.

ry%3D400

We were then given this card when we joined the que for the Jungle Cruise.

ry%3D400

I didn't get a pic but the guy in front of us in line had a Mad Hatter hat on. It was very large but fun!

We made it to our boat and had a pleasant journey.

ry%3D400

And we all know that this happened!

ry%3D400

When we were about to disembarq from our jungle cruise, the captain said that we should NOT step over the crates because there was a risk of fire. This was because we would likely trip and fall over the crates and he would then laugh and in turn he would be fired!
He also kindly said "watch your step! And if you hit your head, watch your language!"

After our delightful cruise I considered getting a refreshment at Sunshine Tree Terrace. Orange Bird is so cute.

ry%3D400

But we went over to Aloha Isle instead and got a citrus cup. I got orange and Jane went with Pineapple.

On our way out of the park we stopped to say hello to Marie and tell her that we saw her and her brothers when watching a movie recently. She made sure to let us know that she was the cutest and best when it came to her and her brothers!

ry%3D400

Where will we go now?? :confused:

So we had decided to leave Magic Kingdom and we switched (via the ticket and transportation center) to Epcot!

In keeping with our photopass picture frenzy, we stopped at the entrance for a pic!

ry%3D400

And then we needed to meet Pluto, of course!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The line wasn't long at all for spaceship earth so we might as well drop in again and see if our futures have changed at all.
Jane wasn't loving the way her hat looked in the last SE pics so she decided to not wear her ears during this ride. I decided to leave mine on so they would appear as part of my future!
Jane looked lovely in the snowy future! My ears morphed into one ear and one antler. :confused:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We made our way to world showcase and checked the wait for meeting Elsa and Anna in Norway. We still had some time so we decided to ride Maelstrom.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we needed to pose with the world famous troll, of course.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we were really feeling the spirit of Norway and we were extra ready to visit with the FROZEN sisters!

We were glad that Elsa was able to be there and was not hidden away in her palace of "ice"olation.

ry%3D400

Our lunch at BOG had been very early and we welcomed the idea of dinner at world showcase. So we went to Mexico to see if they had any available seating at La Hacienda. They let us right in!

These lights are so pretty. They have the same ones at the Mexican place I go to with my husband in my hometown!

ry%3D400

We started with chips and salsa. The green was mild.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We sat by a window and had an amazing view of countries from all over the world!
Jane decided to get two small appetizers in place of a main dish.
One was shrimp and was gone before we could take a decent pic! (I admit I had one of the shrimp and it was good!).

Her other appetizer was a taco sampler. She thought this was good too.
I got a chicken and veggie dinner with black beans and rice and tortillas. The chicken was excellent! And, I was happy to share the beans and rice.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

This food was very good quality and we were really glad we had tried it. Before you go here you may want to look over the menu because there really isn't very many choices. They do a few things and do them well but it is pricey and limited in choices.

After dinner I told Jane that I had never ridden on the Journey Into Imagination ride. Figment is a classic and I had heard that it may not last a lot longer. So we went over so I could try it out!
After the ride we stayed and played for a few minutes.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Up next: finishing our evening and a morning solo Animal Kingdom visit.

My last visit to MK the Seven Dwarves Mine Train looked nearly finished and the traffic flow is now open so that you can walk straight thru from Ariel's Grotto to the Big Top Circus Area.

My last visit to MK the Seven Dwarves Mine Train looked nearly finished and the traffic flow is now open so that you can walk straight thru from Ariel's Grotto to the Big Top Circus Area.

I bet that makes it all look a lot nicer! The whole New Fantasyland area is a really nice addition. I never minded Toontown but I do like this better. It still seems strange that Magic Kingdom now has three castles!!

So we were finishing up our day at Epcot. It was a really nice evening and we walked around for a while before deciding that it was time to return to Pop. Bye Epcot!

ry%3D400

When we arrived at Pop we cut through the Everything Pop store. The first thing I saw when I walked in was a cast member handing a guest a strip of stickers off the large roll that he was holding. I said "I want stickers!". And he said "you gotta answer trivia questions". Well, he asked "What is Donald's middle name?" and "Why is the Mad Hatter Mad?" and I got them both right! (A. Fauntleroy and B. Chemicals in the hat making process were poisonous in the old days) Yay, it pays off to retain random facts I suppose. Although I can't imagine that he wouldn't have given the stickers even if the guest didn't guess correctly.

We then went and got some sleep!

The next day Jane needed to do an errand and drop by her house for a bit. So, she wouldn't be back until the afternoon. Also, Alie and her little girls would be arriving later in the day!
But first, I was going to go to Animal Kingdom!
I had planned on wearing my Donald Duck shirt on this day. It turned out to be very nice that the Donald Duck shirt has longer sleeves as it was quite chilly! I saw other guests wearing some interesting combinations of clothes this morning too. Like shorts with a winter coat! I was a little cool without a jacket but I was okay since I wasn't wearing short sleeves and shorts.

My first stop of the day was Donald's Breakfast at Tusker House!
I didn't wait long at all before I was called to meet Donald!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then I was shown in to the buffet and told where to find each kind of breakfast food.

ry%3D400

I got some sausage, eggs, potatoes, and mickey waffles.

ry%3D400

Some friends dropped by to take photos and add some Disney magic to the morning.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I got a little more food. Cornbread, biscuit and gravy, and omelet.

ry%3D400

Then Goofy stopped by just as I was finishing up.

ry%3D400

Hmmm, where should I go now??

ry%3D400

Well, it's always worthwhile to gaze at the Tree of Life!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After that I decided to meet Mickey and Minnie together. I thought they would be in their safari clothes but they were all decked out in winter wear!

ry%3D400

I decided to just walk around and take in some of the details of the park.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Continued in the next post!

I came across the Wilderness Explorer Club House and met Dug and Russell! They were very sweet.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then I looked at a different view of the tree and got a classic magic shot by a helpful photographer.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I then walked over to Camp Minnie Mickey.

ry%3D400

Of course, there are lots of characters there, and the lines were not very long.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Donald pointed at my shirt for this pose! The character handlers said that my shirt was a good likeness and that Donald still looked very good for his age.

ry%3D400

Here are some characters (at Animal Kingdom) that I met on a previous vacation!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And one from 2011 of Jane, Alie, and Heidi meeting Pooh at AK!

ry%3D400

After all of those character greets I decided to head towards Dinoland.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And of course I needed some educational ;) parts to my day so I went here.

ry%3D400

Should I be offended or proud that this dino is named Sue??

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

So of course I rode the Dinosaur ride and decided on this "princess pose" for the photo.

ry%3D400

Up next: More Animal Kingdom!

ry%3D400

You take so many more and interesting detail photos when you are alone in the parks. Guess I am distracting. Thanks for the sneak peak at Heidi and Alie. I love the princess pose on the Dino ride. Now we know there was at least one Princess back in the Crustacean Period.

You take so many more and interesting detail photos when you are alone in the parks. Guess I am distracting. Thanks for the sneak peak at Heidi and Alie. I love the princess pose on the Dino ride. Now we know there was at least one Princess back in the Crustacean Period.

Hmm, I'm not sure why that is. I do really like the details in AK and think more about graphic artists roll in designing that park.
That's true! I was a prehistoric Princess!! princess:
Thank you for still reading sis. :hug:
David has the flu and is taking up my evening time lately. Hopefully he will feel better soon!!

Hello any one who is reading!! Thank you for coming back!!

After my dinosaur ride I went to the Dino Rama shop and enjoyed viewing the quirky merchandise!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

the waffle magnets looked delicious!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then I was off for more Animal Kingdom outdoor roaming.

ry%3D400

I didn't visit the Yeti this time but I have ridden in the front seat before!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I was starting to think about leaving but I decided to go over and ride the safari first.

ry%3D400

When I did make my way back to the bus stop I was the only one to board. It seemed like a good time to document a solo bus voyage.

ry%3D400

After a short rest Jane, Alie, Heidi and Heather arrived! So much family!! :love:
Gifts were exchanged. Heidi and Heather got clothes and toys. I got stickers, snacks, a book and a water bottle that I love from Alie! Jane had already given me some special presents for my hubby (and he was so happy to be thought of!!).

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We decided to do another tour of Art of Animation so that Alie and the girls could enjoy it too. We took photos on the way.
Heidi brought a light toy along.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And then the AoA photo fest began again!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Little cupcake Heather was happy to be out and about it seemed.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

continued on next post

Heidi is such a lovely model. And of course she became the focus of the evening!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After snacks at Art of Animation, we went back and got some rest before our Magic Kingdom visit the following day!

Admittedly, changing a baby's sleeping routine can be a challenge (especially for a mommy!). Alie was up a lot that night trying to get Heather to relax and get some sleep! She eventually got some I think. We all seemed happy enough to get ready for the day once we were all up.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We arrived at Magic Kingdom and started right away with a group castle pic!

ry%3D400

We were ready to move on and took this pic on our way to meet the Little Mermaid!

ry%3D400

While in line, Heidi looked forward to using her new Princess autograph book that Jane had given her! The book has special pages for each princess to sign and then also has pages for other autographs too.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We eventually got our turn to meet Ariel and talk about all that stuff she was collecting. Heather seemed to enjoy petting Ariel's fin!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We then felt ready to ride the Under the Sea Journey!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We asked Heidi what she wanted to do next and she wanted to meet Mickey and get his autograph. This seemed like a good idea as none of us had yet met The Mouse since he started doing his "talking" greets.
Once in the que we waited patiently for our turn!

ry%3D400

Heidi had a page all picked out for Mickey to autograph and she had her Cinderella pen all ready too!

ry%3D400

Once we got close to our turn we could watch Mickey interact with those who were ahead of us. We saw Mickey ask one boy if we would like to jump up and down with him. They then hopped around a bit. the next family was asked to play card tricks with Mickey.
Then It was our turn.
Mickey talked to Heidi and Heather during autographs and also posed for photos with our family.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Here is a group picture of us with Mickey in 2011!

ry%3D400

up next: more Magic Kingdom!

Heidi was such a good model posing with the cars. You can't blame Heather too much for being restless after all she was so HOT.:rotfl2: My favorite photos are the group shots, we all get together like that so little. Heidi Loved :love: talking Mickey so much. She still talks about it. Thanks for the update. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter