Let's speculate about Polynesian some more!

How likely do you think the Polynesian tower will be part of a new/old association?

• 100% new association

Votes: 113 37.0%
  • 80% new association / 20% current association

Votes: 64 21.0%
  • 60% new association / 40% current association

Votes: 28 9.2%
  • 40% new association / 60% current association

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • 20% new association / 80% current association

Votes: 32 10.5%
  • 0% new association / 100% current association

Votes: 51 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Side note…

Does adding the tower to the current system give them a license to raise the purchase price or dues to an extortionate amount?

*edit*
Spell check changed my misspelling of exorbitant, but it may be the better choice of words. lol

Side note…

Does adding the tower to the current system give them a license to raise the purchase price or dues to an extortionate amount?

*edit*
Spell check changed my misspelling of exorbitant, but it may be the better choice of words. lol
I’m not sure about the dues but I assume the price can be whatever Disney wants.

When VGF went on sale the price was lowered to the price of the other current selling properties. The dues did not have much change.

I’m not sure about the dues but I assume the price can be whatever Disney wants.

When VGF went on sale the price was lowered to the price of the other current selling properties. The dues did not have much change.
My understanding is that dues should reflect the actual cost of operating the facilities.

If it's a separate association, PVB dues might decrease slightly as there are more units sharing the costs of common facilities (monorail, pools), and those costs wouldn't increase linearly. Maybe they hire more staff for the pool, and maybe they run more busses, but I don't think that would scale up as much as the extra points.

I wouldn't expect the impact to be significant, but directionally it should push down, not up.

If it's the same association, those same factors apply, but then you also have the housekeeping, maintenance, and capital costs folded in. My gut says that a single-building tower has more cost efficiencies (one roof instead of three, etc.) as well as not being 50 years old, so it would be a lower average-per-point cost and also push down on dues. But I could be wrong.

I wouldn't expect to see dues for existing PVB owners move up sharply as a result of this, no matter which way they go.

My understanding is that dues should reflect the actual cost of operating the facilities.

If it's a separate association, PVB dues might decrease slightly as there are more units sharing the costs of common facilities (monorail, pools), and those costs wouldn't increase linearly. Maybe they hire more staff for the pool, and maybe they run more busses, but I don't think that would scale up as much as the extra points.

I wouldn't expect the impact to be significant, but directionally it should push down, not up.

If it's the same association, those same factors apply, but then you also have the housekeeping, maintenance, and capital costs folded in. My gut says that a single-building tower has more cost efficiencies (one roof instead of three, etc.) as well as not being 50 years old, so it would be a lower average-per-point cost and also push down on dues. But I could be wrong.

I wouldn't expect to see dues for existing PVB owners move up sharply as a result of this, no matter which way they go.
VDH kinda makes me think the actual cost isn’t necessarily an out of their control cost. lol
One single tower, no transportation, etc, etc… dues through the roof and raised as high as any in 1 year.

I would assume they are paid the same but the latter part of your statement is dead on I believe. VDH is significantly bigger than VGC
But not more “per capita” was my point. More rooms means more people paying dues, so that shouldn’t matter.
I don’t really see any reason VDH dues should be higher than VGC (which includes a small transient tax too)

But not more “per capita” was my point. More rooms means more people paying dues, so that shouldn’t matter.
I don’t really see any reason VDH dues should be higher than VGC (which includes a small transient tax too)
Consider the size of VGC to the # of rooms at Grand Cal & then the size of VDH relative to Disneyland Hotel. I hypothesize that VDH has to cover more of the shared resort amenities per capita.

Also, my guess is that VDH requires more labor input costs per capita. And a person can only put in so many hours until a new person is needed…. and each new person has to also receive benefits….

There is thread somewhere that discusses things like this somewhere and explains it.

I would think CCV and BRV is a pretty close comparison. Except this time the smaller resort has higher dues.

I gave up a long time trying to understand lol

Good points. I also wonder about the additional expenses of maintaining kitchens as well as washer/dryers and how that might affect dues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter