Let's share our pictures from airplanes!

Thank you both so much!! I currently have the Olympus EPL-5, but i've never been happy with it. I don't have a video cam-corder (dropped it and cracked the glass lens at the Wilderness Lodge 2 summers ago and never replaced it).

I'm pretty much a person who keeps it on Auto (i'm definately not as advanced as you guys!)

I'm thinking of getting the Canon Rebel T6i

I want something with vibrant colors and is fast - I hate shutter lag! And will take good pictures on auto. And also takes nice video. Does the T6i sound like a good match for me?

Thanks so much for any feedback/advice,
Marina

The T6i would be fine - The stock lens on that is decent but if you want the best photos you'll want to invest in a good lens like the EF-S 17-55 F2.8 which has IS (image stabilization) AND is a fast lens so you can grab quick shots *and* low-light shots (like dark ride ones!) If you can find a used/refurbished T4i or T5i and put the savings towards that lens you'll get some stunning results. Don't get me wrong, you'll get good results with the T6i and the stock lens too (including dark ride ones) but you'll have better flexibility with the other lens!

oceanmarina
Thank you both so much!! I currently have the Olympus EPL-5, but i've never been happy with it. I don't have a video cam-corder (dropped it and cracked the glass lens at the Wilderness Lodge 2 summers ago and never replaced it).

I'm pretty much a person who keeps it on Auto (i'm definately not as advanced as you guys!)

I'm thinking of getting the Canon Rebel T6i

I want something with vibrant colors and is fast - I hate shutter lag! And will take good pictures on auto. And also takes nice video. Does the T6i sound like a good match for me?

Thanks so much for any feedback/advice,
Marina

Marina - That Canon sounds good for you. Remember also that the speed of the memory card you buy affects the speed/shutter lag; 10s are needed for best performance. And I do use the P and even the A modes sometimes. For me, the biggest improvement in my photography came when I went to raw format and mastered Photoshop Elements which is relatively easy for beginners.

And definitely come back to this board with any questions you have!

I, for one, have had NO luck getting the flight attendants or pilots to let me go out and clean off those darn dirty windows so I can get a decent shot from my seat!

I, for one, have had NO luck getting the flight attendants or pilots to let me go out and clean off those darn dirty windows so I can get a decent shot from my seat!

How true BorisMD! I have been known to wipe a few inside windows, choose my row based on potential views on round trips, ask to switch seats with someone if needed and even pout a little when bad weather shuts my photography down. DH says I'm a photo junkie!

Last edited:

I stacked the decks for this trip. Someone told me to get a seat on the left side of the plane and I bumped DS16 out of the way to snaffle the window seat.

Uluru

Kata Tjuta

Both features from the air

I am so jealous Princess! My mom toured Australia and NZ and also flew over Uluru (but no pictures).

Great shots!!!

Being a bit of a plane geek, I checked flight paths in to Honolulu to make sure I was on the correct side of the plane.

View attachment 179233
You were lucky with this one as the usual flight path to HNL comes in from the other direction. Great shot!

Mt. Adams

IMG_2262ed-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter