"Lets Be Dinosaurs In Front of the Castle" - A Disneymoon Dining Report - Update 10/24 X2

I don't think I've ever seen those meringues before. I might have to try one on my next trip.

Aren't the beautiful? We talked all week about going back and getting one, but it never happened.

Congratulations! Definitely will be following along! :coffee:

Welcome and thank you for following along! I loved your last report!

Just finding your report and following along. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

Thanks so much for following along! I've lurked on your last few reports, and really enjoyed them!

Congrats! Sounds like an awesome trip. Can't wait to read more!

Thank you for joining in on the fun!

Joining in. Congratulations on your marriage. Cant wait to hear more :)

Thank you so much!

Congrats!!! Jumping In, Can't wait for more reviews!!!

Thank you for following along!

following

:welcome:

congrats on the wedding - always a great way to spend a Disney-Moon!!! im subscribed to your thread with notifications, so bring it on! :jester:

cant wait!

Columbia Harbour House
Thank you so much to everyone for the well-wishes and for following along!

During my last trip to the World, Columbia Harbour House was my absolute favourite meal. The atmosphere along was a total sell to me. If you don't know, Columbia Harbour House is in the Magic Kingdom, tucked away in Liberty Square. It's cozy, and the food is pretty yummy too. It was for this reason, I insisted we eat here.

On our first nigh it rained on and off (residual hurricane). During a small rain storm, we ducked into Columbia Harbour House for dinner.

We were presented with a copy of the menu when we entered, and were quickly placing our order. Crowds were pretty low this day, and CHH had closed the upstairs seating areas for this night.

I knew exactly what I wanted to eat (truth be told, I knew before I'd even left Canada what I would be eating here).

For my order, I picked the Chicken Nuggets and Fried Fish dinner with fries. I substituted the fish for more chicken nuggets. Since we were on the Dining Plan, I selected the seasonal cobbler as my dessert, and a bottle of water for my drink.

Marty picked the Lighthouse sandwich, served with chips. He was also able to substitute his dessert for a cup of the Vegetarian chili.

thumb_IMG_0826_1024.jpgthumb_IMG_0826_1024.jpg

Here is my Chicken Nuggets and Fries meal. Now, I'm going to honest here: I love chicken fingers/nuggets/whatever you want to call them. They are my favourite thing to eat, and I have been waiting patiently to revisit my beloved Disney chicken nuggets for years! These chicken nuggets were disappointing to say the least. The kitchen at CHH seemed overwhelmed or just confused by the orders - and it wasn't even busy! Due to this, my nuggets sat waiting for Marty's sandwich and soup for awhile and thus when I ate them they were cold. Chewy, dry and cold. I was not a happy camper.

Also, the condiment bar had a complete lack of dipping sauces for the nuggets. Be forewarned, there isn't any plum sauce, or honey to accompany your meal. I tried a couple of the options (BBQ sauce and Honey Mustard) and eventually settled on ketchup.
thumb_IMG_0829_1024.jpg

I'm really sorry but I forget what the Seasonal Cobbler was for this trip, mostly due to the fact that I took one bite and decided it wasn't worth eating. It was extremely sweet and just not very good.

thumb_IMG_0827_1024.jpg

This was Marty's Lighthouse Sandwich. His thoughts were: "I kind of remember it being creamy. I don't usually like coleslaw - but I liked this sandwich. The sandwich itself was great, but the chips on their own were disappointing but they were great to dip in the chili"

thumb_IMG_0831_1024.jpg

And Marty's Vegetarian Chili, which he liked a lot. "It was a good vegetarian chili. It wasn't particularly spicy, but it was good."

He really liked that they let him substitute the chili for a dessert here. Marty loved his meal and would definitely go back. I probably would too but I don't know if I'd get the nuggets again here, I tried a bite of his sandwich and really liked it so maybe I would get it next time.

Up next: Wishes Dessert Party!

Wishes Dessert Party
Back in March when the "New-and-Improved" Wishes Dessert Party was announced, I was one of the no-doubt thousands who quickly signed up for it. I mean, really, what better way to celebrate the first night of your Disneymoon? We were both looking forward to it so much, until the actual day arrived and we were exhausted. We had been up since 5, after being too excited about Disney to sleep the night before.

Wishes is pre-paid, so we were determined not to bail on this.

thumb_IMG_0890_1024.jpg

Here is Marty waiting to check in.

Finally, we were let in to our table. Well, first we were given a glass of sparkling cider (which is not what we call cider in Canada - it was basically carbonated apple juice).

thumb_IMG_0891_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0893_1024.jpg

We were lucky enough to have a table right in the front. It seemed to me that the parties of two were seated up front, whereas the larger parties were back farther. You're pretty close to your neighbour here, so be prepared for that.

We decided to seat for a minute or so before deciding to hit the dessert buffet. We enjoyed the view and eachother, and the carbonated apple juice (honestly it was actually good).

Eventually we wandered over. I didn't take pictures of the buffet as it was pretty packed. There were a lot of desserts that seemed like they needed to be kept cold. It was a really humid night and the cheeses and colder desserts looked pretty sweaty (mimicking us at this point).

thumb_IMG_0894_1024.jpg

This was my plate. Going from the top, I had an Oreo treat, a rice krispie dipped in chocolate, some cheddar cubes, some watermelon, and a Tinkerbell cupcake. My least favourite was the Oreo treat, the Oreo was soggy from having the cream substance sitting on top of it. I think I took a bite and moved on to the other items. The rice krispie was exactly what it looks like, and was pretty good. Due to the humidity it had lost some of its crunchiness but it was nowhere near inedible. The cheddar cubes were good and helped to "cut" the sweet of the rest of the plate. The watermelon was tasty, there were a lot of other fruit options as well so if you aren't into watermelon you're covered. Last, the cupcake, which was a white cake with green sugar frosting. This was also disappointing. It was just boring.

thumb_IMG_0904_1024.jpg

This was Marty's plate. He really liked the watermelon (clearly). The ice cream was probably the best part, but caused a giant line up when the server couldn't get the ice cream to scoop. He had the same thoughts on the other desserts, that everything was "moist" (which is unappetizing for a dessert).

All in all, we enjoyed the experience of watching the fireworks from here. For Marty's first time it was nice to not have to wait on Main Street or somewhere else for a decent viewing spot. The angle of the Tomorrowland Terrace is off-centre of the castle so the fireworks aren't actually behind them. This didn't bug as it was just nice to be there. When Wishes starts though, everyone gets up and crowds the railing. I had read about this before on the Dis so I was prepared.

The food along isn't worth the increased price tag, but to us it was just a nice way to celebrate and experience something special. We wouldn't do it again, but that's because we don't feel it needs multiple trips.

Up Next: Breakfast at Beach Club Marketplace and Wild Africa Trek lunch

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0894_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0894_1024.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 4
  • thumb_IMG_0895_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0895_1024.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 4
  • thumb_IMG_0896_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0896_1024.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 6
  • thumb_IMG_0900_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0900_1024.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 4
Sorry your CHH meal wasn't great, it's usually one of our favorite counter services. But your hubby did get my favorite sandwich ; )

I agree with you on the wishes pricing and value but if you are going to do it once a honeymoon seems the perfect occasion.

Sorry your CHH meal wasn't great, it's usually one of our favorite counter services. But your hubby did get my favorite sandwich ; )

I agree with you on the wishes pricing and value but if you are going to do it once a honeymoon seems the perfect occasion.
Couldn't agree with you more!! You only live once so why not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter