• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let the (Soaken Wet) Memories Begin TR- Update 12/8

What fun reading your trip report! Can't wait to read more and I love the customs! We should have been there at the end of your trip, but Irene had other plans for us!

Ugh - I got so behind again! I'm sorry! :sad2:

I loved the past few updates! All of the pics you got around the BC and YC before heading over to DHS were wonderful! Love the Fantasmic pics, too! So glad that Aisling finally got to see the show. Those desert trays are a great idea! I would definitely get one of those. :thumbsup2

The Behind the Seeds tour sounds like fun! We love Living with the Land so much and I always think that we should do the tour when we're on it.

Oh my goodness, all of the pictures with Belle and Aisling are amazing! :goodvibes I can't wait for the next update! You've left us with quite the cliffhanger! :laughing:

I REALLY LOVE the custom dresses. What pattern did you use to create them. My DD really loves to dress up so I was going to copy your idea. I hope you don't mind. Enjoying reading your TR and can't wait for the rest! Love the pictures also.

I forgot about the Ladybugs! There were only 5-8 people in our group when we went. I got to release some too! But I remember there was a little boy that got picked and he kept shaking the poor ladybugs. :sad2:

I'm glad Aisling got her chance with Belle. Especially a special one.

We actually had a pretty big group. But there were luckily only a couple of kiddos so they got to release the ladybugs

Really?? A cliff hanger???? whaaaa

Sorry. I do that sometimes.

How nice that you Aisling got such a nice meeting with Belle AND got to bypass the line!

It was very nice of that CM. Love when you have those magical moments that make Disney...well, Disney

Those are beautiful photopass pics, that's one of the things I love about Disney World, our little girls act like little girls for a while, they grow up so fast.
Always enjoy a good cliffhanger !!!:)

It's sad but true. Love that she acts 7 there. She figured out that the characters were actors by herself when she was 3 but I swear she is still holding onto the belief that the Princesses are the "real" princesses ;)

Has anyone EVER gotten into Le Cellier on time for their ADR? I swear they always seat late.

Seriously, I would have said something to that annoying family. I have a big mouth and don't know how to close it. :rotfl:

That pic of Ash & Belle just melted my heart! :love:

Oh no, you aren't going to pull a Kate Gosselin "SHE'S RUINED!" with the Kaki-Gori are you?! :lmao:

Ah you know me so well ;)

OMG! I just choked on my water I was drinking. That is seriously the funniest thing EVER. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Jen- you almost choked a pregnant woman! Stop that!!!!

Thanks for the info- that is a valuable tip;)

You're welcome. I celebrated 9 years cancer free on this trip :banana:

:rotfl:
OMG too funny!!!

That is seriously a beautiful pic of your dd with Belle. Wow!!! They should use it in their marketing.

Thank you!!!! We got some seriously bad PP pics but that one almost made up for the whole bunch :thumbsup2

What fun reading your trip report! Can't wait to read more and I love the customs! We should have been there at the end of your trip, but Irene had other plans for us!

Irene will make an appearance in this report. Again, this is why my PTR title was completely wrong ;) :rolleyes1 Hope you guys eventually got there???? :confused3

Ugh - I got so behind again! I'm sorry! :sad2:

I loved the past few updates! All of the pics you got around the BC and YC before heading over to DHS were wonderful! Love the Fantasmic pics, too! So glad that Aisling finally got to see the show. Those desert trays are a great idea! I would definitely get one of those. :thumbsup2

The Behind the Seeds tour sounds like fun! We love Living with the Land so much and I always think that we should do the tour when we're on it.

Oh my goodness, all of the pictures with Belle and Aisling are amazing! :goodvibes I can't wait for the next update! You've left us with quite the cliffhanger! :laughing:

Wasn't I a bad mommy not letting her have the tray???

The Tour is really fun. If you like Living with the Land, you should do it.

I can't believe we made it to Fantasmic with all the rain. Love that they are running Fantasmic nightly again though :thumbsup2

I REALLY LOVE the custom dresses. What pattern did you use to create them. My DD really loves to dress up so I was going to copy your idea. I hope you don't mind. Enjoying reading your TR and can't wait for the rest! Love the pictures also.

Thank you!!!! Most of the patterns on here are from YCMT.com. All of CarlaC's patterns are fabulous. If you want a great Disney pattern, try the Simply Sweet. You can really make it into any princess dress/top you want. Plus it goes to size 8 but Aisling is bigger than that and it's easily upsized so it will last for AWHILE

http://youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/simply-sweet-tops-and-dresses.htm

Well Jen called it! Kate Gosselin actually would have had NOTHING on me. Before I get to that though, I forgot to share Aisling's "kiss" pic from last time. I will clarify it's a kiss mark before you think that this CPS worker beat her kid ;)

388.jpg

Anyway, we had a crying Aisling again so Randy went off to get a Kaki-Gori and came back with the bright red one. I immediately gave him the LOOK. You know the look that says "are you the dumbest person on the planet???" Anyway, Aisling started drinking it with no issue sitting on the bench. As I mentioned in the last update, it started to drizzle a bit so we decided to take a boat to the front of WS. I had gotten a text from Erin that they were coming back to Epcot. As we got up to go to the boat....disaster struck. RED everywhere. Down the WHITE tank top, down the WHITE Apron, along the WHITE ruffle, on the WHITE Crocs. Everywhere. Randy immediately ran for napkins but they were no use.

Being the prepared DISer I am, I had a Tide pen. But it was the travel size and did NOTHING due to the size of the spill. I turned into a lunatic. My kid was crying, I was fuming. It was not pretty. I tried using baby wipes (yes I still carry these around despite Aisling turning 8 in 2 weeks). No use. I swear the less I was able to get out, the more I fumed. Randy gave me that look back (the one that said "you are acting like a horrible person STOP") So I did. But not before I seriously texted Erin to see if she wanted to be seen with us with Aisling being a mess ;) :rotfl2:

Aisling's tears exhausted her and she fell asleep AGAIN on the boat. But it must of helped because she never mentioned the headache again

390.jpg

We ended up heading to the Duffy store near Mexico to avoid the on and off sprinkle. Erin met us there. One of the CMs took a liking to us and had Mickey and Minnie call me with the Happy Anniversary call. How can you stay mad after that?

Aisling was happy to have her little buddy back. I was careful about the pics I took to try and avoid pictures of the spill. Erin however has some ;) I'm fine with her sharing them now after the fact!

391.jpg

392.jpg

I believe we headed straight to the Land to ride Soarin'. After getting back from our trip to California, we decided that everyone was hungry so we should eat at Sunshine Seasons. Now we have never eaten here and I just don't know why. There were sooooo many selections.

However, I fell in love with this baby

396.jpg

OMG!!! So good!!! The potato salad is what my family calls German Potato Salad but I know there are different names for it. It's got a vinegrette dressing on it. And the turkey sandwhich was SOOO good. Really fabulous CS place. Aisling got the Pizza Panini. Also this place had a couple of other options for sides (like Danimals yogurt) which was very thrilling to Aisling. For dessert I got this (if you are keeping track- yes I did eat creme brulee twice in one day)

398.jpg

While the adults took care of the food, the girls traded pins

393.jpg

We ended our night at Epcot with a spin on Test Track

400.jpg

Photo0259FourBySix.jpg

(and as always, I looked like i was being beaten on my ride picture :rotfl2:)

When we got off TT, we still had a bunch of FPs. So I set out to find a group of 3 to give them to. This was no easy feat. Seriously, people are really scared at Disney if you try giving them anything. I offered them to several people who ran away. Finally I found a family from Ireland of all places. They were so excited but then admitted that they didn't know what FPs were :confused3 So I had to explain how it worked to them. I really think they thought I was joking that they could skip most of the line :rotfl2:

Oh well. While I was explaining this, Erin had the girls take PP pics

Photo0262FourBySix.jpg

(Luckily Olivia was hiding the stain!)

We decided to head out of Epcot at this point and go watch the movie on the beach at BC. Tonight was Beauty and the Beast. Weird coincidence. Erin and Olivia stayed with us to watch. Erin gave the girls glow sticks to play with (although Olivia was far more interested in the sand). Randy got us drinks in our refillable mugs and then headed upstairs to watch a game. Erin and I stayed and gabbed during the movie. I do have to say that the timing of the Beach Club movie is a bit rough with Fantasmic at 8:30 and Illuminations at 9. You could barely hear the movie over the fireworks. But the girls were clearly too tired to be bothered.

406.jpg

408.jpg

When the movie wrapped up, we parted ways with plans to meet up the next day for a little time in the wilds of Africa ;)

And to get us in the mood, we had a little friend hanging around when we got back to the room

409.jpg

Aisling and Randy drifted quickly off to sleep. But not me. I had pics to download to the laptop. And a massive stain to get out!!!!

Other than the stain, sounds like a lovely evening. Had to laugh at the FP give-away. I went through the same thing one day at DHS.

Okay, you can only truly be Kate if you Randy had gotten this encounter on tape. :rotfl2:

We all have moments like that, especially at Disney. No biggie. You have to give Aisling some ammunition for when she is adult and she says, "remember when..." :rotfl2::rotfl: And then you can go, "Yes but remember when you..." It's the give and take between mothers and daughters.

I really like your creative pictures of not showing the stain, good job. :thumbsup2

I'm glad Aisling's headache went away after her little nap.

Your Test Track picture is really funny, what part is that at? I haven't ever really figured it out.

Kristine, I truly apologize for falling so far behind.:hug: I was back on page 6! But I determined to catchup this morning before I started my day. I absolutely love all of your Disney adventures. Sounds like crazy weather with all of the rain! Wow! Can't believe one of the monorails was hit!!!!! I've never heard of that before...hope no one was injured! :love:LOVE LOVE all of the customs and the fun character meets and pics! So glad Ash had a little friend to have fun with! Glad Ash's headache subsided. Sorry about the stain...hope it came out. I am taking the girls by myself in Feb...I know we won't be able to see and do so much....my kids wimp out when they're tired......Ash is such a trouper! :thumbsup2She is such a fun kid! :yay:Enjoy!!! Hopefully I will be able to keep up from now on....my crazy job is exhausting me!:teacher:

Thanks for asking about my trip - guess you didn't see my ticker, but we are going in a little over 3 weeks - downside, no CRT (daily calls and still no luck) and we had to wait for our trip, upside MVMCP! Gotta love a Jersey Week that is later than normal (Jersey schools have the 1st Thursday and Friday off for teacher's convention, but this year, they moved it to coincide with Veteran's Day - so, with only 3 school days in the week, Disney becomes "Jersey Week"). Can't wait to read more - and I would be the same with the red on the white - I hope it came out!

Love the trip report! I am so sorry that your adorable custom had a little accident. Hopefully the stains came out. My daughter will be seven this year and I still carry baby wipes and even lotion her up with baby lotion. Hmmm.... I guess I am still trying to hold on to my baby.

Wow...you guys really did a lot!!! Those pictures with Belle are priceless....so beautiful!! And good thing you got the pictures before the stain!!:thumbsup2

Congrats on your 9 yr anniversary!

I'm glad you survived "Gosslingate". Hopefully the dress is still intact.

Other than the stain, sounds like a lovely evening. Had to laugh at the FP give-away. I went through the same thing one day at DHS.

Why do people get so scared of people trying to be nice????

Okay, you can only truly be Kate if you Randy had gotten this encounter on tape. :rotfl2:

We all have moments like that, especially at Disney. No biggie. You have to give Aisling some ammunition for when she is adult and she says, "remember when..." :rotfl2::rotfl: And then you can go, "Yes but remember when you..." It's the give and take between mothers and daughters.

I really like your creative pictures of not showing the stain, good job. :thumbsup2

I'm glad Aisling's headache went away after her little nap.

Your Test Track picture is really funny, what part is that at? I haven't ever really figured it out.

Randy did NOT get it on video thank God! The TT pic is taken just when the doors are about to not open I believe. Apparently it fools me every time!

Kristine, I truly apologize for falling so far behind.:hug: I was back on page 6! But I determined to catchup this morning before I started my day. I absolutely love all of your Disney adventures. Sounds like crazy weather with all of the rain! Wow! Can't believe one of the monorails was hit!!!!! I've never heard of that before...hope no one was injured! :love:LOVE LOVE all of the customs and the fun character meets and pics! So glad Ash had a little friend to have fun with! Glad Ash's headache subsided. Sorry about the stain...hope it came out. I am taking the girls by myself in Feb...I know we won't be able to see and do so much....my kids wimp out when they're tired......Ash is such a trouper! :thumbsup2She is such a fun kid! :yay:Enjoy!!! Hopefully I will be able to keep up from now on....my crazy job is exhausting me!:teacher:

Oh Aisling has mastered the art of the Disney cat nap, that's for sure! You are the brave one doing the trip alone ;)

Thanks for asking about my trip - guess you didn't see my ticker, but we are going in a little over 3 weeks - downside, no CRT (daily calls and still no luck) and we had to wait for our trip, upside MVMCP! Gotta love a Jersey Week that is later than normal (Jersey schools have the 1st Thursday and Friday off for teacher's convention, but this year, they moved it to coincide with Veteran's Day - so, with only 3 school days in the week, Disney becomes "Jersey Week"). Can't wait to read more - and I would be the same with the red on the white - I hope it came out!

Oh I missed the little words that said it was cancelled :sad2: Yikes. That really stinks. Although seeing the Christmas decorations may be worth it! Have you eaten at CRT before?

Love the trip report! I am so sorry that your adorable custom had a little accident. Hopefully the stains came out. My daughter will be seven this year and I still carry baby wipes and even lotion her up with baby lotion. Hmmm.... I guess I am still trying to hold on to my baby.

Baby wipes are just so convenient. Who wants to run to the restrooms to clean up and waste valuable park time ;) :rotfl2:

Wow...you guys really did a lot!!! Those pictures with Belle are priceless....so beautiful!! And good thing you got the pictures before the stain!!:thumbsup2

Thank you! We did have a long day that day. I forgot to mention that we hadn't planned on staying at Epcot all day but it just worked out that way.

Congrats on your 9 yr anniversary!

I'm glad you survived "Gosslingate". Hopefully the dress is still intact.

Gosslingate :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Don't know how I missed the last update.

Love the pic of the girls sitting on the beach, it looks very professional. Also, what exactly is the towel animal on the hanger? A turtle?

Also, my mom told me after reading your TR that I used to fall asleep on the boats all the time. Apparently the sound of the motor lulled me to sleep. And sometimes it still does.

Don't know how I missed the last update.

Love the pic of the girls sitting on the beach, it looks very professional. Also, what exactly is the towel animal on the hanger? A turtle?

Also, my mom told me after reading your TR that I used to fall asleep on the boats all the time. Apparently the sound of the motor lulled me to sleep. And sometimes it still does.

The towel animal is a monkey. I only know that because my mom and I went on a cruise in April and we got a monkey then too. Apparently they always have the monkeys hanging!

I think motors do lull Ash to sleep. She is one of those kids who konks out the second she gets in a car too.

Well after that long day at Epcot (and if you are keeping track...yet another day we didn't get to use SAB), we unfortunately did NOT get to sleep in on Tuesday the 23rd. We had an early morning ADR at....

112.jpg

Now Randy and Ash got way more sleep than I did since someone was up working on that stain ;). And I'm happy to report that a FULL (2 wash) packet of Tide on one outift later the stain was GONE! Not even slightly pink! Completely gone! I was totally shocked. So if you have a Kaki Gori incident in the future, I can assure you that Tide will take it out.

Anyway, I had to hop to it this morning so we could catch an early bus to AK.

107.jpg

108.jpg

Now when I make breakfast ADRs, I like to make them right at 8 so that we are finishing up in time for rope drop. We got to the AK about 7:20 but had to wait until 7:50 until they let us in. I find this so odd as Tusker House is a hike from the gates. Guess they are really trying to minimize the opportunity to take pics in the empty park ;)

But of course, I did anyway

109.jpg

We made it to Tusker House on time but they were having some issues with large groups showing up without their whole group or something so check in was a bit delayed. Nothing too crazy though.

I did have time to stop and take a pic of Aisling's Safari Daisy bows though

113.jpg

We took our pic with Donald...which I would never pay $30 for...and got seated quickly to start drinking massive amounts of that addictive juice we had. We had another really good waiter here (wish I had wrote down the names). I think he was an actor/waiter type because he was very animated for 8am!

If you haven't been to Tusker House...it is a gorgeous buffet

114.jpg

Aisling was starving and consumed her entire breakfast before the characters started coming around

115.jpg

First up was the Mouse himself.

117.jpg

Now the next one I need to explain. Sitting at the next table was a 40ish couple with their extremely developmentally delayed sons. We thought they were twins until the waiter came with a cupcake for one of their birthdays. These boys had all kinds of tics that caused them to jump and scream constantly. And yet the parents were as cool as a cucumber. I was really in awe of them :thumbsup2

So next up was Daisy. She had gone to their table first but they clearly weren't done with her because they decided they kept wanting to jump in our pics. At one point, Daisy all but whacked him to get him away. Here is the one good pic we got

121.jpg

Here are how the rest came out :rotfl2:

119.jpg

Daisy was very happy to see herself on Aisling. She made a big deal of it. I'm guessing that Daisy doesn't get many customs...bet she loses out to Minnie every time

123.jpg

Goofy was last. I always love how huge he is next to Aisling (who is really tall for a 7 year old)

125.jpg

127.jpg

We paid for this meal OOP and it was as insane as all Disney meal prices are ;) We always do the meal plan so I really had stopped paying attention to how much the meals had gone up but they really have. This breakfast cost about $80 for the 3 of us. I also noticed that we were charging $40-$50 to the room daily for meal purposes (adult beverage each and tip). That is kind of crazy. I did save my receipts so I can do the math at some point about the cost effectiveness of the meal plan lately.

But enough about math. We were heading to the ride we always do first at AK. But not before we stopped and took an illegal picture of Donald (there was nobody in line so it's not like we cut or anything ;) :rotfl2:)

129.jpg

How nice of Dais to really focus her attention on Aisling.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but do you sow all her outfits yourself? They all look so GREAT!! :thumbsup2 I can't even sow a straight line to save my life. It's the one class in high school I almost failed (home economics) because I spent my whole time "unsowing". :lmao:

Ugh, my internet is being so slow so it took a while to load your pics. (i'm uploading a video to Youtube) but I love love love Aislings customs. I wish I had to time to do little crafty things like that. And I'm going to guess Kilamanjaro Safaris. If you're like me, I love the safaris in the morning. It's a big reason why I want to stay at AKL one day to do the Sunrise Safari.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter