• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Let me get this straight- RE: Free Dining

westcliffemom

Sometimes, I'm Pooh-brained!
My DD is 10, so on the adult plan for free dining. I know there will be some times when she wants a kids meal. Can she use her TS/CS credit for that? TIA!

Of course! Kids 3-9 must order from the kids' menu, but kids 10-up can order anything they want- from the adult or kids' menu.

Really I thought that I read on another thread that they really wouldn't let kids over 9 have a childrens menu?

I have read many different accounts from different posters. It usually depends on the place your eating and your server, but 99.9% of the posters agree adults can order off the children's menu....

And for home, I love ordering from the children's menu, just enough food, and good values (esp that Chinese place in the mall!!)

Anyone can order off the kids' menu. The restaurant might charge more and up the portion size for an adult (that's the rumor going around about some of the WDW restaurants- who knows if it's true?), but since you are on the Dining plan, and you are paying adult prices anyway for your 10 year old, there should be no problems.

Think about it from Disney's point of view: they got you to pay for the adult price. If your 10 year old orders kid food, great! More profit for them. I'm sure mac & cheese, hot dogs, and chicken fingers cost way less to prepare and serve than steak and shrimp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter