Let it go and breath...

rxsuperwoman

Earning My Ears
I am now obsessing and second guessing about this trip. It's driving me crazy.. We are leaving May 3, our flight touches down at 6:30 pm. We come back home May 10, flying out at 2:30p. So it looks like we have an 8 day vacation, but we really only have 6, because those 2 other days are a wash. So i started thinking, I have nothing to do on that Sunday, so why don't I fly out a day early. So then I get a full 7 days. Well of course there is the 100 dollar per ticket fee the change your ticket. It's just me a DD so I'm looking at alittle over 200. Am I going to have 200 of xtra fun with that one day?? Have I officially started to over think this trip ( I think the answers be's yes)..

I would leave it as is. But thats me. It wouldn't be worth it to me to tack on all the extra expense just to get that one extra day.

Well first of all, I would consider how easily you can part with that money. If it's not a stretch to afford it, then I'd probably go for it. If it's going to be tough, I'd enjoy what you have.

Also consider how often you get to Disney World. I'd be more likely to spend the money if I only get to go every 2 years or more than if I go several times a year.

Volunteer some time on that day that you're thinking about spending $200 on, and then leave them a nice check before you leave. Then treat yourself to a spa trip when you get there.

Erases the guilt and does good for the world... can't go wrong with that.

PP...that's a great idea!

OP...I'm from Hawaii and it's a long way from Disney World and I have no idea when I'll be back again. I originally booked my vacation for 7 days(6 full days) and then decided to pay the airfare change fees to have 10 days (9 full days). I think it's worth it because I live so far and I don't know when I'll be able to take ANY trip again. Totally up to you :goodvibes Let us know what you decide!! :thumbsup2

Wouldn't there also be an extra hotel night to pay for as well? If you can easily afford it, do it!

Its your vacation!,treat your self If you have It to spare then by all means!. Overthinking,no!!!!!!!:rotfl2: you can never overthink Disney:rolleyes1 but between us friends oh ya. But thats whats so fun about it,and you will kick your self If you are thinking about it and want to and can do it.

I did it. I added an extra night to my trip but I added it 3 months in advance, and I too had to pay a change fee for my airfare. :guilty: But, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I originally booked 20-27 April but changed it to 20-28 April. Something about wanting that extra day that was bugging me. :confused3 And while changing my flight, I changed it to an earlier arrival so we can go to a park that day. So now we have 8 park days and I don't regret doing it!
I'm telling you, it's an obsession! :rolleyes1

I sat leave it as is and take that $200 and start your going back to Disney fund with it.:thumbsup2

It is going to cost MORE than $200..That is just to change tickets.Then you need to add another night at your resort, possibly another day to park tickets and factor in meals etc for that extra day.If you can afford it comfortably, go for it.There is nothing wrong with doing aonly 6 full days .In fact very often our trips are only 5-6 days and we have a blast.

I am for adding the extra day. We should have last time as our trip was a Sat to Sat. Tried from there and it was way too costly to do and we were bummed to leave as we could have stayed until Sunday. We are heading back next month and have booked the 8 nights this time and are thrilled! Life is short - stay the extra day!

I did it. I added an extra night to my trip but I added it 3 months in advance, and I too had to pay a change fee for my airfare. :guilty: But, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I originally booked 20-27 April but changed it to 20-28 April. Something about wanting that extra day that was bugging me. :confused3 And while changing my flight, I changed it to an earlier arrival so we can go to a park that day. So now we have 8 park days and I don't regret doing it!
I'm telling you, it's an obsession! :rolleyes1

Love this! I agree, if money isn't too big of an issue you should do it! I always find about a day before our vacation is about to end I am wishing I had just ONE more day...I don't think you will regret it! Have a great trip! :wizard:

If you are flying JetBlue, they will let you change your flight on the "same day" for just $40. If you call at midnight on the day you will be leaving - and you can get through to an agent - you can change your flight for $40. I tried to do this for a recent flight, but the wait time was more than 60 minutes. After an hour and a half on hold, I gave up and kept my late day flight. I think the trick was to call before midnight (around 11:45) and get into the qeue and you might be able to get an earlier flight. Call the reservation line and ask if your airline has this as an option. I had never heard of this "same day" option until I called about 2 weeks ahead of my travel to ask about the cost of changing the flight to an earlier time - it was a fee of $259 extra per person to change!! $100 change fee and $159 for the increased price of the ticket. Not worth it - at least for me.

Thanks for all the good advice. I already have a 7 day ticket to disney, so I was going to try to squeeze that 7th day when we got there or maybe before we leave. That's kinda of unrealistic. Well, I'm not sure what to do. My mind says just let it be, but my heart is like "go, go, go, do it,do it." Money is not too big of an issue, but again that is money I won't have for the trip itself. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter