Let’s reschedule for 2021! Who’s in?

We moved our May 2020 trip to March 2021. We do have a cruise planned for November which we're fairly sure DCL will cancel so we can use the hotel nights that are booked around the cruise to add a day to the March 2021 vacation, if DCL decides to cancel.

I have to say we had a bit of difficulty getting the dates we wanted in March 2021 - Spring 2021 seems to be filling up.

Question for everyone, how are you rebooking so far out? When I try to search for room
availability through Disney’s website it stops at December. How far in advance do people normally book their trips? Are you booking through a third party? I wanted to try the Dining Plan. I was planning my current September trip thats booked about 8 months out. Now Im so sad that it seems like its not going to happen! Can I plan for a year or more out?
If you call Disney directly, you can book 499 days in advance of your trip. I called Disney and booked a basic package with only the resort room (@ Poly). The CM that helped me said I could add tickets & a dining plan to my package later. I was surprised that I could book a “package” before official 2021 packages came out, but she said I could. I only paid $200 deposit (as opposed to the one nights stay ).

Question for everyone, how are you rebooking so far out? When I try to search for room
availability through Disney’s website it stops at December. How far in advance do people normally book their trips? Are you booking through a third party? I wanted to try the Dining Plan. I was planning my current September trip thats booked about 8 months out. Now Im so sad that it seems like its not going to happen! Can I plan for a year or more out?

You can book 499 days from your arrival date by calling Disney, but you can only book a room only reservation, paying the rack rate. Once Disney releases 2021 rates (usually in June), you can make modifications or rebook as a package. Disney typically releases discounts throughout the year which you can apply to your existing reservation (in most cases). :-)

Yes, you can make a room only reservation, just watching and waiting to be able to book the package in June.

We moved our May 2020 trip to March 2021. We do have a cruise planned for November which we're fairly sure DCL will cancel so we can use the hotel nights that are booked around the cruise to add a day to the March 2021 vacation, if DCL decides to cancel.

I have to say we had a bit of difficulty getting the dates we wanted in March 2021 - Spring 2021 seems to be filling up.
Hard to get a Disney Cruise dates or a Disney room reservation in 2021?

Call a travel agent. My travel agent booked hotel only 15 months out. When packages come in, my travel agent will book our dining and tickets. When American Airlines is ready, she will book our flights.

If you call Disney directly, you can book 499 days in advance of your trip. I called Disney and booked a basic package with only the resort room (@ Poly). The CM that helped me said I could add tickets & a dining plan to my package later. I was surprised that I could book a “package” before official 2021 packages came out, but she said I could. I only paid $200 deposit (as opposed to the one nights stay ).
I have always only paid $200 deposit, and have always used a travel agent. 30 years ago I was a travel agent, and I know their value. Even though I am perfectly capable of booking everything, I like another set of eyes on everything.

I have always only paid $200 deposit, and have always used a travel agent. 30 years ago I was a travel agent, and I know their value. Even though I am perfectly capable of booking everything, I like another set of eyes on everything.
Yes, you can call a travel agent & have them do it too 😊

We are from the UK and are Disney/Florida lovers, we take a month or so every year in July/Aug, which we have no choice about (as educators). We were unable to make our trip in 2019, and were soooo looking forward to our 2020 vacation which was to celebrate me gaining my PhD (the reason why we couldn't travel last year!) but, we've had to accept that we wont be seeing FLA in 2020 either. Having booked all my Dining reservations in January, it's like the first steps to going before fastpass selection day arrives and then the countdown from then! I only hope this dreadful thing is dealt with so as we can all make it next year! I fear there will still be restrictions though, but if we can go - we will be there!

Hard to get a Disney Cruise dates or a Disney room reservation in 2021?

It was hard to get a Disney room reservation in 2021. I first accepted the room for the 2nd week in March and then after a few weeks I was able to move it to the 3rd week in March. The weird part of that is the availability for the 3rd week kept disappearing so I'd sign out and then sign back in to get the availability to show again.

If the November cruise is cancelled I do not know if we'd re-book, which is kind of a pain because the November cruise retained the former on-board credit DCL removed. Currently room for Nov 6 to 9 are very limited.

It was hard to get a Disney room reservation in 2021. I first accepted the room for the 2nd week in March and then after a few weeks I was able to move it to the 3rd week in March. The weird part of that is the availability for the 3rd week kept disappearing so I'd sign out and then sign back in to get the availability to show again.

If the November cruise is cancelled I do not know if we'd re-book, which is kind of a pain because the November cruise retained the former on-board credit DCL removed. Currently room for Nov 6 to 9 are very limited.
Oh wow thanks. I think I’ll call and have them apply our July 2020 payments to a new room reservation if/when we cancel

I'm sorry if this is a silly question - it sounds like you're booking the room online, but I know packages aren't released yet for 2021 and I thought that could currently only be done over the phone. How are you booking these not over the phone? (I'm wondering if the low availability is for some special kind of offer you have, and not just for general rooms.)

I was going to wait to book the whole package in one shot in June for next July, but I wonder if I should just get the room secured if it seems to be difficult and they are filling up. 🤨

I posted on the GF site, but I figured ya'll might know this too.... how easy is it to go ahead and book the room only reservation ,and then change it to a package ? (I've never done that before, but all of you have me thinking that maybe we should book the room now since I know what we want to book) Also, if you then change it to a package, and then an offer comes out later, can that then be applied like it normally would ? I'm sorry for the questions, I've just never done the room only, we've just waited till June for the packages to be released....

I'm sorry if this is a silly question - it sounds like you're booking the room online, but I know packages aren't released yet for 2021 and I thought that could currently only be done over the phone. How are you booking these not over the phone? (I'm wondering if the low availability is for some special kind of offer you have, and not just for general rooms.)

Room only reservations - thru Disney Vacation Club

I have 4 families that want to book for next June.
We are suppose to be there this week. The weather is perfect, and I cannot stop thinking, what we would be doing at this point.
So we are going to try again for the last week in April 2021 again.

We did this through our TA last week and it saved us a ton of money on the deposit considering we have a split CL stay at GF and Poly. It ultimately didn't matter because we had PIF on our canceled trip this year and had the gift card money back to use, but $400 as opposed to going rack rate on those rooms was pretty sweet.

These bookings are showing up differently in MDE, though. We always do room only reservations since we never do dining plans and we like to get our tickets separate (AP + Parksavers/UT discounted tix). In MDE these reservations always show up as "Room Only" for our resort. This time it's showing up as "21 Return Basic Package" for each resort reservation.

I posted on the GF site, but I figured ya'll might know this too.... how easy is it to go ahead and book the room only reservation ,and then change it to a package ? (I've never done that before, but all of you have me thinking that maybe we should book the room now since I know what we want to book) Also, if you then change it to a package, and then an offer comes out later, can that then be applied like it normally would ? I'm sorry for the questions, I've just never done the room only, we've just waited till June for the packages to be released....
I booked a room only in March 2019 for our upcoming July 2020 vacation (which will probably get cancelled) by calling Disney directly. Then in June 2019, when packages came out, I called again and had it converted to a package with tickets. It was easy-peesy :) In January 2020, when the package discounts came out, I went online & modified my reservation and applied the discount, which saved me over $1000. I got up early to do it, but had no problems at all. Our reservation was for the Poly. I just rebooked an identical reservation recently with room only (since we will probably cancel our upcoming July trip) & plan to add on tickets once 2021 packages come out this summer. And, again, I’ll modify once any discounts come out!

Still sitting on my mid-September week... probably going to end up cancelling and booking for next October, though. Such a long way away but there will be so much more to look forward to if construction gets finished and hopefully this virus will be less severe. I was really looking forward to Food and Wine festival.

We have early Sep 20 booked. Even if DW opens, we're travelling from Australia, and most likely the international bans will still be in place. Inevitably, we will have to cancel and book for Sep 21. Already have tickets for MNSSHP, so don't know what we'll do with that :(

I booked a room only in March 2019 for our upcoming July 2020 vacation (which will probably get cancelled) by calling Disney directly. Then in June 2019, when packages came out, I called again and had it converted to a package with tickets. It was easy-peesy :) In January 2020, when the package discounts came out, I went online & modified my reservation and applied the discount, which saved me over $1000. I got up early to do it, but had no problems at all. Our reservation was for the Poly. I just rebooked an identical reservation recently with room only (since we will probably cancel our upcoming July trip) & plan to add on tickets once 2021 packages come out this summer. And, again, I’ll modify once any discounts come out!

thank you! This is perfect. I’m calling tomorrow to lock it in. I appreciate you explaining this ! ❤️❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter