Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle- A May '14 TR *12/3 PTR Link to Real Life News

oh man I'm sorry he wasn't as excited to meet Mickey as you thought. Hopefully talking Mickey goes better tomorrow! I hope you are enjoying your vacation, stay warm!

Clearly, I was wrong all these months. Landon was not, in fact, over the moon meeting the main mouse.
Just when you think you have the answer, they change the question! :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear it wasn't the moment you were waiting for - but sounds like you are having a great trip anyway which is the most important thing! Have a great morning and say 'Hi' to Tigger for me :goodvibes

Oh no, I hope Talking Mickey is better received!

Though, with the love for Minnie, he may be coming around to Izzy's way of thinking...:rotfl:

I hope you have a great CP breakfast and rest of your trip! And a great cruise! :goodvibes

Oh no!!! I know you guys were so excited for him to meet Mickey. But yeah, you just never know what a kid is going to do. They like to surprise you, sometimes in the least impressive ways.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sorry Mickey didn't go the way you expected! But at least Landon isn't afraid of every character.

I'm curious to know, as a Wisconsinite, what constitutes "frigid" in Orlando?

So sorry seeing Mickey didn't go the way you wanted. Hopefully at the CP breakfast it will be better. And I hope it warmed up for you.

Hey guys! I'm new on here and am attempting to write a TR. I know the new upload feature works on replies, but do you still need a third party for pictures on TRs?

Hi, Alicia! :wave:

I had no idea you had a trip report going (I haven't visited the Trip Reports section in forever), but I can't wait to catch up!

I can't believe how big Landon is getting ... it's crazy how quickly they grow up. I'll comment more once I have a chance to catch up but just wanted to say hi. :wave2:

Finally caught up! I always love your trip reports. Landon is so stinkin' cute and I was so happy to see that your family is reunited. I took a long break from the boards, but my hubby suggested we plan a September trip to Disney so, I found my way back lol. Our little one will be three in May and each time she sees a disney commercial she says, " you take me there please." How could we say no!?

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: Just when you think you have them figured out!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: Good luck with Talking Mickey!!!

Yay for pre park breakfast in MK!:cheer2::banana: Stay warm!!!

Yep. I was so sure Mickey would go over well. Guess there's a big difference between what a 1 year old sees on tv and what he sees in person.

oh man I'm sorry he wasn't as excited to meet Mickey as you thought. Hopefully talking Mickey goes better tomorrow! I hope you are enjoying your vacation, stay warm!

Our vacation was wonderful! You know how in love you were with the GF? Well, that's how Alex and I felt about the 2 resorts we stayed at. We didn't want to leave our "home!"

Just when you think you have the answer, they change the question! :rotfl2:

Sorry to hear it wasn't the moment you were waiting for - but sounds like you are having a great trip anyway which is the most important thing! Have a great morning and say 'Hi' to Tigger for me :goodvibes

The trip was great, despite the character snafus. The weather in February definitely didn't win us over, but that was probably our only complaint.

Oh no, I hope Talking Mickey is better received!

Though, with the love for Minnie, he may be coming around to Izzy's way of thinking...:rotfl:

I hope you have a great CP breakfast and rest of your trip! And a great cruise! :goodvibes

Talking Mickey was quite the adventure...

Landon enjoyed meeting Mickey, but by the end of the trip we learned that Pluto is his absolute favorite. The kid loves that dog! Maybe he reminds him of his own puppy. Either way, this houshold has now shifted to everything Pluto. Bye bye, Mickey Mouse.

We actually did not go on a cruise.:rolleyes: Alex's parents changed their minds and wanted to spend a few days in North FL. We went from a Disney Cruise to a RCL cruise to nothing. All that last minute planning changes made me crazy. I was getting a headache from the lack of preparation. :rotfl2:

Oh no!!! I know you guys were so excited for him to meet Mickey. But yeah, you just never know what a kid is going to do. They like to surprise you, sometimes in the least impressive ways.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Very true. Who'd have guessed that Mickey would not go over well? I definitely think it had to do with the size of the characters, though. Because he about lost his mind when he saw Mickey at Disney Jr Live.
That show...it's like a toddler's nirvana. :rotfl:

Sorry Mickey didn't go the way you expected! But at least Landon isn't afraid of every character.

I'm curious to know, as a Wisconsinite, what constitutes "frigid" in Orlando?

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:
It was in the 30's and 40's that day. It wouldn't have been so bad if the wind wasn't blowing.
I am fully aware that I've become way too complacent in my FL residence. I gripe when the temp gets below 50. I'm secretly terrified of where Alex is going to get orders to, because I just know it's going to be somewhere cold and I'm going to freeze my butt off that first winter.
The only snow I'm used to seeing is the snowy white sand on my local beaches. :rotfl2:

So sorry seeing Mickey didn't go the way you wanted. Hopefully at the CP breakfast it will be better. And I hope it warmed up for you.

Landon wasn't such a fan of the characters at CP, but that was all right. Alex and I ate enough of the buffet to make it worth our time and effort. :rotfl:

Hey guys! I'm new on here and am attempting to write a TR. I know the new upload feature works on replies, but do you still need a third party for pictures on TRs?

Sorry I am just now getting to these replies. I hope you were able to figure out the answer to your question. From what I understand, you can upload pictures directly to your reply, but I still prefer to use photobucket because I type mine out on a word document first.

Hi, Alicia! :wave:

I had no idea you had a trip report going (I haven't visited the Trip Reports section in forever), but I can't wait to catch up!

I can't believe how big Landon is getting ... it's crazy how quickly they grow up. I'll comment more once I have a chance to catch up but just wanted to say hi. :wave2:

It's great to see you back on the boards. But having read the intro on your PTR, I completely undertand why you haven't been on in awhile. You've been busy raising your family! Kids grow up so fast! On day like today, when Landon did not sleep AT ALL, I can't wait for him to be older and more dependent. But then I see his little smile and wish I could stop time and keep him that tiny. It's a double edged sword!:rotfl:

Finally caught up! I always love your trip reports. Landon is so stinkin' cute and I was so happy to see that your family is reunited. I took a long break from the boards, but my hubby suggested we plan a September trip to Disney so, I found my way back lol. Our little one will be three in May and each time she sees a disney commercial she says, " you take me there please." How could we say no!?

Sometimes, we all need a break from the boards. It can get to be a little much, trying to keep up with everything. I completely understand. But thanks for coming back and reading my reports! I appreciate it.
I can only imagine how fun a 3 year old at Disney will be. Don't get me wrong, there will be moments, that just comes with taking kids- no matter the age. But at 3 they are so much more aware and involved in what's going on. I'd love to see pictures and hear how it went once you go.
Does she know you are going? Or are you waiting until closer to Sept. to tell her? Or is it going to be a surprise? Nevermind, I just noticed a PTR link in your signature...I'll go read and find out myself. :rotfl2:

Hi guys! My family is back from our latest Disney trip, and I’m having a hard time not beginning a trip report for it. It was such a memorable experience with more magical moments than we deserved, and I already wish we could take Landon back. Our resorts were fabulous, the Cast Member interactions were spectacular, and best of all there was no shadow of a deployment hanging over our head like last time.

As much as I’d love to start writing about it and posting all the pictures, I can’t, because then this report would never be touched again. So, with that, it’s time to post more about this May trip!

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014:

The rain was coming down pretty hard in Epcot when we finished lunch. The restaurant was starting to fill up with guests trying to find a dry place to hide out. Alex and I knew we were finished with the park. We were ready to take a break back at the resort. And because of that we weren’t too concerned about getting soaked.

We threw one of our rain ponchos over the stroller (we slacked off before the trip and forgot to buy a rain cover) and put the backpack with the camera inside on the seat of the stroller. Unfortunately, with the camera packed away we didn’t take any pictures for the next hour or so.

Rain makes for a pretty boring update.

Alex carried Landon and I pushed the stroller and we power walked to France and then the International Gateway. There was a small overhang with a few benches right before the security checkpoint that we stopped at.

And thus began our dilemma. Our car was parked in the DHS parking lot. We were right outside Epcot. Where the only options to get back to DHS were the boat or the walkway.

Alex ran over to the boat dock and briefly spoke to a captain that was there, who told him that they couldn’t move the boat until 30 minutes after the last lightening was spotted in the area.

Yuck.

So no boat ride.

And we were dealing with more than just a light drizzle.

The rain was really coming down.

Alex and I would have had no issue sucking it up and getting soaked, but Landon would have been miserable.

And unhappy baby equals unhappy mom and dad.

For the time being, we were stuck.

The good news was, Landon was having a blast running back and forth under the makeshift shelter. He’d sprint to right where the rain was blowing in and immediately stop and watch the cement get wet, then he’d book it back to me.
So long as he was having fun, Alex and I weren’t in a rush.

A couple minutes after we arrived, two women joined in front of us. And somehow, I happened to recognize their backpack. It was Mary Ellen and Cynthia!

I said hello and we chatted again for a few minutes. They were running late for a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream, so they had to poncho up and run over to the Beach Club.
I wish I had another picture of our impromptu meetup, but again…no cameras were out.
They happened to mention the potential for buses while we were talking, and once they left, Alex and I talked it over. The rain was beginning to let up just a tad bit, but that still left a half hour waiting period for the boat.

Decisions decisions.

Back and forth and back and forth we went.

Go or not go.

Stay and wait for the sure thing.

Or…

Get wet and chance a bus at the Beach Club.

Eventually, we decided to go for the bus. At least if they weren’t running one to DHS, we could catch one to MK or AK and switch over to DHS. And if that was too much, we’d have the entire Beach Club to hang out in.

A five minute walk to the resort and we were inside and talking with a Cast Member in the lobby. He told us that they had just sent for a bus because a bunch of guests were trickling in asking for one. However, we’d just missed it and would have to wait for it come back around.

Oh well, can’t win them all.

The three of us went out to the bus stop and waited about 30 minutes before the motor coach we needed pulled up. It stopped at the Boardwalk Resort where the majority of people riding got off. I guess the loop began at DHS and went to the Yacht Club, then Beach Club, then Boardwalk and back again.

All in all it took about ten minutes to get back to the DHS parking lot. For some reason, it hadn’t felt like we waited that long at any of our stops, but when we got into our car and comprehended that the clock on the navigation screen said 1:45 we were very surprised. Our afternoon goal of getting back to the resort to relax was kind of out the window at that point. The rain really did slow us down.

While on the bus, Alex had been texting with an old friend that we’d met on our Disney Cruise. We’d visited him a few times before, the last time being when I was pregnant and we were in Epcot for its 30th birthday.

Alex figured it was a long shot, but he let Dan know we were in town again, and as it turned out he wasn’t due into work for a few hours. He offered to come to Disney property and meet up with us and say hello. Alex told him we were going back to our resort to change out of our wet clothes and regroup for a bit and welcomed him over.

The timing lined up perfectly and we actually met up with him a few red lights before the entrance to AKL. He explained to the gate guard that he was visiting with us and the guard waved him through no problems.

Gave us some playful grief, though.

“You really wanna claim responsibility for that guy?”

“Sure.”

“All right, but keep an eye on him. No shenanigans.”

“No shenanigans. Promise.”

Landon had long since fallen asleep and was so tired he stayed that way through the car to stroller transfer. Dan was a little disappointed he couldn’t meet him while he was awake, but he was happy to see him, nonetheless.

I took my time walking back to the room, pushing the stroller while Dan and Alex caught up. The three of us dropped our bags off in the room, watched a couple giraffes roam around outside, and then we grabbed our refillable mugs and headed back out to get some refreshments.

Going to the Mara and filling up our cups then walking over to the gift shop to explore took up enough time that Landon felt it was time to wake up.

Dan was ecstatic that Landon woke up in time for him to say hello.

He woke up slowly, of course.

And Landon’s not the happiest baby when he first wakes up.

But that was all right. Dan still appreciated the interaction and we were happy for him to have it. He comes from a big family and wants one of his own one day, and for his sake we hope he gets it.

Dan had to leave for work shortly after that, so we said our goodbyes and thanked him profusely for stopping by. Alex and I have ran into the constant problem of people wanting us to come to them when we’re in town, so it was such a nice change to have the tables turned. With Landon and the rain situation and running behind schedule, it made it a thousand times easier for Dan to come to us versus us try and track down an address in busy Orlando.

The day might have been hampered by the bad weather and us getting caught between two parks, but visiting with an old buddy definitely made up for it and turned the whole afternoon around. Alex and I were so much happier than we would have been had we simply gotten back to our room and dwelled on the time we wasted.

The rain could have turned the day upside down, but instead it was just a tiny bump in the road. In fact, without it, we might not have thought to text Dan and might never have seen him, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

And little did we know, our day was only going to get better from that point forward.

Up Next…You’re Never Allowed to Not Book Us Here Again

Last edited:
It was such a memorable experience with more magical moments than we deserved, and I already wish we could take Landon back. Our resorts were fabulous, the Cast Member interactions were spectacular, and best of all there was no shadow of a deployment hanging over our head like last time.
That is fantastic! I'm so happy that you guys had such a great trip, and I look forward to the TR when you get around to it!

Unfortunately, with the camera packed away we didn’t take any pictures for the next hour or so.

Rain makes for a pretty boring update.
I think we all have seen the Florida monsoons... we get it.

Alex and I would have had no issue sucking it up and getting soaked, but Landon would have been miserable.

And unhappy baby equals unhappy mom and dad.
Yep, probably made the right call.

So long as he was having fun, Alex and I weren’t in a rush.
That's always a relief. Being stuck and waiting is never fun, but it is so much easier if the kid isn't bored!

And somehow, I happened to recognize their backpack. It was Mary Ellen and Cynthia!

I said hello and we chatted again for a few minutes. They were running late for a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream, so they had to poncho up and run over to the Beach Club.
Wow! Lucky random dismeet!

For some reason, it hadn’t felt like we waited that long at any of our stops, but when we got into our car and comprehended that the clock on the navigation screen said 1:45 we were very surprised. Our afternoon goal of getting back to the resort to relax was kind of out the window at that point. The rain really did slow us down.
Wow... yeah, that doesn't give you much time to take a nap or relax if you have any late afternoon/evening plans.

And Landon’s not the happiest baby when he first wakes up.
Most of them aren't...

Dan had to leave for work shortly after that, so we said our goodbyes and thanked him profusely for stopping by. Alex and I have ran into the constant problem of people wanting us to come to them when we’re in town, so it was such a nice change to have the tables turned. With Landon and the rain situation and running behind schedule, it made it a thousand times easier for Dan to come to us versus us try and track down an address in busy Orlando.
That's great! I'm glad that you were able to meet up with him and that he got to meet Landon... and see him awake, finally.

And little did we know, our day was only going to get better from that point forward.
That's always a good thing!!!!

It was in the 30's and 40's that day. It wouldn't have been so bad if the wind wasn't blowing.
I am fully aware that I've become way too complacent in my FL residence. I gripe when the temp gets below 50. I'm secretly terrified of where Alex is going to get orders to, because I just know it's going to be somewhere cold and I'm going to freeze my butt off that first winter.
The only snow I'm used to seeing is the snowy white sand on my local beaches. :rotfl2:

I'm going to be a stereotypical northerner here, but it's been in the 40s and 50s here for the past week (after we just got some snow) and people have been wearing short-sleeves everywhere. We hit -35 with windchill for a couple days in January and we still had school. If I ever move to Florida, why should I even bother to bring pants or long sleeves? But then again I can't handle the humidity (or scary bugs for that matter) so I guess it even out.

I can't wait until you start the next TR...it sounds like it was amazing.

Ahhh...the Florida rain. You either get that drizzle for 5 or 10 minutes or you get the downpour that will never end. I'm glad you finally were able to get back to DHS to get your car.

And how exciting that you thought to text your friend and he was able to come and visit.

Super duper glad to hear that the trip went so well Alicia. You and Alex really deserved this, so to have it turn out even better than planned is just marvellous. :goodvibes

No worries about pictures either Alicia. I've seen enough Disney rain. :umbrella:

OMG that is too funny running into Mary Ellen and Cynthia. I swear there must be something about the IG that draws DISers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter