Les Parfaits Inconnus

I had originally based my first post on their "sizzle reel" in the OP. Figuring wait and see what they do at WDW. Then I tried towatch their Epcot performance. Um, no. Seriously these guys would have gotten X'd off of America's got Talent in the first 15 seconds. Paper bags on their heads walking around in an airplane circle??? Come on.

I watched a 20 minute performance yesterday. I found them entertaining and would stop and watch again if I was in the vicinity. They did not use all their props, so I assume the shows are different.

The group serves well as a bit of entertainment as you walk around World Showcase.

Here's a peek at a show the guys from the DISUnplugged filmed this week:

Different from the one Dan Murphy posted on the previous page which I think is pretty cool! Love that they change it up. I laughed out loud a few times while watching it just now; these guys are pretty entertaining!

Here's a peek at a show the guys from the DISUnplugged filmed this week:

Different from the one Dan Murphy posted on the previous page which I think is pretty cool! Love that they change it up. I laughed out loud a few times while watching it just now; these guys are pretty entertaining!

LOL - I just watched the video and thought, "that looks like the same act I saw them perform". Then, I watched it again. I think it looks familiar because that WAS the exact same performance I was at!

Watched them yesterday.
Watched them today.
Different shows.
Kids loved both... just like all the previous entertainment with the notable except of Off Kilter.

Not trying to start a war; I just really don't remember why Off Kilter went away. We saw them every trip and miss them terribly!
Want to like a new show in Canada but we aren't excited about something that looks like what we'd expect in the show lounge on a discount fun type cruise line...
Off Kilter "went away" - along with Mo Rockin', the Fife and Drum, and the World Showcase Players - at the end of September 2014 because Disney wanted "fresh and new." Instead, Disney chose "cheap and tacky" when they replaced Off Kilter with the Lumberjacks! Off Kilter is still performing occasionally in the Orlando area and at music festivals around the country: www.offkilterrocks.com

Instead, Disney chose "cheap and tacky" when they replaced Off Kilter with the Lumberjacks!

Or maybe instead of having a show for a small, yet dedicated, group of adults in the World Showcase, Disney felt it would be better served to have options with more kid appeal.

It's only anecdotal, but as I mentioned previously, the kids of various ages we've talked to that have been to multiple Canada stage offerings unanimously disliked Off Kilter while enjoying the more recent shows.

Guess I am in the minority here, but I certainly think they are better than the lumberjack show. This, I would spend some time watching!

Or maybe instead of having a show for a small, yet dedicated, group of adults in the World Showcase, Disney felt it would be better served to have options with more kid appeal.

It's only anecdotal, but as I mentioned previously, the kids of various ages we've talked to that have been to multiple Canada stage offerings unanimously disliked Off Kilter while enjoying the more recent shows.

After all there should be NOTHING at Disney that's kids don't enjoy 100%. Seriously, there were kids dancing at the stages in Canada and Morocco every time I went there. Lots of kids did enjoy the shows. Personally my kid would not be watching a show where people throw axes at each other. If my kid wants to emulate a Disney entertainer I don't want it to be one with a deadly hobby! LOL! And let's get real, Epcot has turned into "Drink Around the World" central. Kids don't buy booze! Disney is investing practically nothing in that park, but keeps extending the "festivals".... there's a theme. They are making a ton of money off of the beer/wine etc..

The real truth is "cheap" The entertainers replaced were long term full time Disney employees with decent salaries and benefits. Part time contract workers have none of those perks.... And some of the acts laid off were never replaced by anything "kid friendly" or not..

I think your 'anecdotal' survey is probably flawed since I know there were kids who liked the various bands too. (Heck I know one kid who actually took up bagpipes due to Off Kilter!)

I don't pay a premium to see guys in khaki shorts balance on a barrel while another guy plays a guitar and drum, at the same time, in a repetitive manner.

I might throw these guys a dollar if I saw them on the street, but it's not worth a minute of my time when I'm paying a few thousand dollars for top notch entertainment.

After all there should be NOTHING at Disney that's kids don't enjoy 100%. Seriously, there were kids dancing at the stages in Canada and Morocco every time I went there. Lots of kids did enjoy the shows. Personally my kid would not be watching a show where people throw axes at each other. If my kid wants to emulate a Disney entertainer I don't want it to be one with a deadly hobby! LOL! And let's get real, Epcot has turned into "Drink Around the World" central. Kids don't buy booze! Disney is investing practically nothing in that park, but keeps extending the "festivals".... there's a theme. They are making a ton of money off of the beer/wine etc..

The real truth is "cheap" The entertainers replaced were long term full time Disney employees with decent salaries and benefits. Part time contract workers have none of those perks.... And some of the acts laid off were never replaced by anything "kid friendly" or not..

I think your 'anecdotal' survey is probably flawed since I know there were kids who liked the various bands too. (Heck I know one kid who actually took up bagpipes due to Off Kilter!)
Exactly!! When Disney makes changes due to "guest satisfaction" - there's usually money involved: less of Disney's and more from their guests.

Last edited:
...I think your 'anecdotal' survey is probably flawed since I know there were kids who liked the various bands too. (Heck I know one kid who actually took up bagpipes due to Off Kilter!)
My kids and others were always dancing (younger) or rocking-out (older) to Off-Kilter. And my son wanted to take up bagpipes but we live far from any lessons, so he taught himself the chanter then researched and built his own bagpipes using PVC pipes - again due to initial inspiration of Off-Kilter.

We must be in the minority. We really enjoyed both the Lumberjacks (maybe not the chainsaws, but everything else) and Les Parfait Inconnus. I thought both groups were entertaining and funny. My family is not the one to sit down and listen to bands play just due to there being so much to do in the parks, so these quick shows are more our (touring) speed.

These guys look better than the lumberjacks but they aren't anywhere close to Off Kilter. Maybe it's not for everyone but I enjoy listening to a good band and based on the crowds I saw so did a lot of other people.

If I'm ever back in Epcot, I'll check out these guys to see if they're better in person. Many times performers are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter