Les Miserables

pampat said:
Just got back from the cinema. Can't remember the last film I saw where the audience applauded, as one man, at the end! And being the Isle of Man, there was a spontaneous roar and applause after Sam Barks sang On My Own.

Pam

I was just about to ask how was it/did it live up to expectations....but your post says it all! Sooo excited to see it will have to have the tissues at the ready :)

Lots of tissues!! I started crying about 5 minutes in when Colm Wilkinson appeared and didn't stop until the closing credits!!! Really a tour de force!

Pam

Tomorrow...yey!! :thumbsup2 I'm looking forward to it now. I was listening to Smooth radio earlier and they were doing a movie special on it, interviewing the cast and playing bits of the songs from the film, so I'm super excited now! :goodvibes

We're booked for the Trafford Centre tomorrow at 12...can't wait!

Just back, it's really good even if Hugh Jackman looked a bit like Wolverine at the end. Ill probably go and see the stage version now. Wasn't going to pay £££ on something I wasn't sure I would enjoy.

WOW- So full on all the way through and very emotional, also sounds strange but the singing after the first couple of songs you just get used to it and so wrapped up in this emotional story. Helena Bonham Carter was so good once again and Sacha Baron Cohen, I'm not a fan but he was very funny, laughed out loud quite a few times at them two.
A musical masterpiece. :thumbsup2

Absolutely loved it .... what an emotional rollercoaster, I spent most of the movie in tears. Anne Hathaway's performance was heart wrenching and the Barricades scenes had me distraught. Loved spotting performers that I have seen on the West End stage in the supporting roles. I had to ignore the fact that I have heard much better vocal performances in a lot of the roles, but overall was just swept along with it from start to finish. Wasn't overly impressed with Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried's performance, but loved all of the others.

I have to say it but I would still say seeing it live on stage is a much more emotive and immersive experience and far superior to seeing it on screen, but that said I was far from disappointed.

Reporting back...another who really enjoyed it.

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as on stage vocal wise, but I'd prepared for that before watching and was proved correct. But, I still loved it. Cried through out at different scenes and didn't want it to go off. I also really wanted to applaude like in the theatre at the end and no-one else did :lmao: I reserved myself!

I will say though, what I found, was that I understood the story that little bit more since watching the film. Purely because they can do more to make it look 'real', as in add more props and effects than when on stage. So, if there's first timers out there giving it a chance, I think after watching they'd get a wonderful appriciation of it when then going to see it live at the theatre.

I also think it's certainly a film for the big screen, the DVD won't do it any justice at all, though I'll still buy it :goodvibes I was still singing the songs in my head at work sat at my desk this morning :rotfl: Great film.

Reporting back...another who really enjoyed it.

I knew it wasn't going to be as good as on stage vocal wise, but I'd prepared for that before watching and was proved correct. But, I still loved it. Cried through out at different scenes and didn't want it to go off. I also really wanted to applaude like in the theatre at the end and no-one else did :lmao: I reserved myself!

I will say though, what I found, was that I understood the story that little bit more since watching the film. Purely because they can do more to make it look 'real', as in add more props and effects than when on stage. So, if there's first timers out there giving it a chance, I think after watching they'd get a wonderful appriciation of it when then going to see it live at the theatre.

I also think it's certainly a film for the big screen, the DVD won't do it any justice at all, though I'll still buy it :goodvibes I was still singing the songs in my head at work sat at my desk this morning :rotfl: Great film.

You would of been fine in our cinema, no end of people applauded at the end. seemed like the right thing to do at the time :goodvibes

Oh definitely ::yes:: I've not seen it live although I've got the DVD of the 25th at the O2. Watching the DVD after seeing the film I understand it much better. I loved the film and although I appreciate nothing can beat watching it live (I hope to get to see it one day) I think the film was absolutely fantastic from start to finish.

11/10 for me. :thumbsup2

I finally got to see it today. In the end the IMAX showing times did not fit in with our plans so we watched. I think I need a second go around to form an informed opinion so I am hoping to watch it in IMAX next Saturday.;)

Corinna

Just seen this thread and glad to see the good reviews. My dd has just asked her grandma and grandad to take her this week so it looks like they will have a good night :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter