Les Mis the movie has a trailer!

HUGE Les Miz fan here too!!

It is an interpretation for the screen, which is much more intimate than a huge auditorium.
She is "acting" the song, not trying to raise the rafters.

I have to say this is spot on. The Producers was a dreadful movie, because they played it just as big as they would have on the stage. The comedy fell really flat because it wasn't feeding off an audience's energy. A director can't just transfer the stage to the screen--film is a different medium and has to be treated as such. (This is also, for the record, the reason that some musicals based on movies are so dreadful--you need to build a true new musical, not just put a movie onstage.)

I saw the Broadway show 4 times. I got to see Colm Wilkinson as Valjean. :love: I'm surprised I could hear him over the tears while he sung, Bring Him Home. :sad:

I've seen it 6 times and one of those was in Toronto to see Colm Wilkinson. Amazing!!!! I can't wait to see him as the bishop in the movie!!!

I think Anne Hathaway sounds amazing!

Me too!!! I've watched the trailer 8 times and cry pretty much every time. Just seeing her face and the pain she is feeling. Amazing!!!!

Can't wait to see it. December is too far away!!! :laughing:

I had no idea they were making a movie! How could I not have known?! I LOVE Les Mis, have since I was a little kid and my best friend's mom played the CD for us in the car on a 3 hour drive. I cannot wait to see it on the big screen and own it so I can watch it whenever I want. :love:

I don't care for it. I would have liked her to just sing the dang song and finish a complete sentence all the way through. It's like the National Anthem, I hate when people mess with songs I really love too much.

I don't think it'll be like that in actual film, it was probably cut up for the trailer. I can't say I know much about Les Mis, I've never seen it and only know a few of the songs listening to the Broadway channel on Pandora but I'll probably go see it.

I absolutely love Les Miz! In fact, I just got home from seeing it for the 7th time. This time was extra special because my own DS13 was running around the stage as a constable, a beggar, a student, a customer at the inn, and a waiter at the wedding. His main role was as Montparnasse, the meanest member of Thenardier's gang. I can't wait to see it three more times this weekend!!!

I have to say this is spot on. The Producers was a dreadful movie, because they played it just as big as they would have on the stage. The comedy fell really flat because it wasn't feeding off an audience's energy. A director can't just transfer the stage to the screen--film is a different medium and has to be treated as such. (This is also, for the record, the reason that some musicals based on movies are so dreadful--you need to build a true new musical, not just put a movie onstage.)

Another reason The Producers musical also failed as a movie was because Mel Brooks didn't direct that movie; Susan Strohman did. I've heard that Anne Bancroft was very ill and he decided to turn the reigns over to Susan Strohman. That was the first movie she had ever directed, and ... what you said.

Completely OT -- I loved The Producers on stage. I even loved it after Nathan Lane.

Back to T -- Hugh Jackman sings "Bring Him Home"?!!!!!! Be still my heart!!

Newly released extended 4 1/2 minute video "first look" at the movie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-uw5TehnZA

SO EXCITED!!!
It looks amazing!!

I am SO glad Tom Hooper went with the live singing. He, the actors, and Cameron Mackintosh explain the difference, and I think it will make a huge impact in the movie.

So many times I've gone to film versions of muscials and been disappointed, because they always felt "flat", when compared to the stage version. I think the way they did this will change all of that.

And the fact that they used ACTORS who can sing, rather than SINGERS who try to act.

I have seen the trailer in the theater several times already. It brings me to tears every single time!!

Newly released extended 4 1/2 minute video "first look" at the movie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-uw5TehnZA

SO EXCITED!!!
It looks amazing!!

I am SO glad Tom Hooper went with the live singing. He, the actors, and Cameron Mackintosh explain the difference, and I think it will make a huge impact in the movie.

So many times I've gone to film versions of muscials and been disappointed, because they always felt "flat", when compared to the stage version. I think the way they did this will change all of that.

And the fact that they used ACTORS who can sing, rather than SINGERS who try to act.

Amazing "trailer"! I can't wait to see this movie over and over in the theater! This is truly groundbreaking!

I watched this at work this afternoon. Do you know how hard it was not to shriek like a teenager in the middle of my office watching this?!

Amazing! I can't wait! :cool1:

I was recently in London and saw the show in the West End. It blew me away, I bawled through several parts of it, definitely going to be prepared for the movie with some tissues!

I loved the first look that they released today, it made me feel slightly better about the fact the movie was pushed back to Christmas.

I really hope they release a second trailer soon!

Currently reading the book. Cannot wait for the movie!! (Although I MUST finish the book before I allow myself to see the movie, lol)

les-mis-poster.jpg

I LOVE it!

It evokes the iconic Broadway artwork and updates it with the movie version of the young Cosette. :thumbsup2

I love that they're keeping the artwork from the original poster. That's just amazing.

I still have a program from the Broadway production that actually has this ad in it:

cineman.jpg

Better late than never! :thumbsup2

I love that they're keeping the artwork from the original poster. That's just amazing.

I still have a program from the Broadway production that actually has this ad in it:

cineman.jpg

Better late than never! :thumbsup2

LOL - what's 20 years? :lmao:

I really am favorably impressed so far. Being a long-time Les Miz fan, like you, I really, really wanted this to be done RIGHT. And so far, I haven't seen any major missteps - although we dodged a bullet with the whole Taylor Swift thing . . . :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter