• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Les Chef de France

tchrrx

<font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment
DH has requested this restaurant for our next trip. However, I have searched (as well as I can, considering how the Dis' search engine works;) ) and I'm having a hard time finding any reviews on it. I'd appreciate whatever you can tell me (good or bad). Thanks!

We had dinner there almost 2 years ago and it was very good. I know a lot can change in two years but I would go again. The service, food, and atmosphere were great:thumbsup2

Terri

We ate at Chefs de France this summer after a last minute change of plans. I have an 18 yo DS who is somewhat of a picky eater, so I was a little hesitant to try it. It is now "the BEST restaurant in all of WDW" (a direct quote from him :)). He had escargot (don't know what got into him, but he LOVED them :(), salmon and the pastry with ice cream. I had the cheese sampler, filet mignon and creme brulee. Everything was mmmmmmmmmmm. We were with DH's DB and his family (2 girls 4 and 6) and everyone very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere. DS was very disappointed that I didn't go there on my recent trip with my girlfriends. It will definitely see us again!

I am also thinking of eating there next trip because
it seems to a more Fish choices that other resaurants
even, Coral Reef. I'm hoping it will be added to the DDP for
2008. I have to see when the new complete list comes out.

I had late lunch/early dinner there in June I think. The French Onion Soup was to die for... The bread was nondescript, a roll you could buy at the Grocery Store served with a wrapped pat of butter. I had the beef for the entree...very good, lean with the potatoes but the green beans were microwaved and very lame.
Service was excellent but I waited quite a while to be seated even though
there were tons of empty tables. Sometimes this happens when you are solo so I am used to it.
I would recommend it. Go for lunch, same food, lower prices.

this thread is better suited to the main restaurant board :thumbsup2

You might be interested in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1585972

I started the thread above because I was disappointed and was curious if it was a bad night or if the place just isn't very good.

My conclusion is that what we experienced was perhaps a touch below average. The bigger issues though seem to be what we ordered and personal preference. My biggest gripe was that the entrees we ordered were not very flavorful. From a few of the comments I get the feeling that some people might have enjoyed our entrees more than we did. Others comments make me think that other entrees would have been more to our liking.

I probably won't go again any time soon. I'd be willing to give it another try but there are so many other places I'd rather try first. :thumbsup2

We dined there for lunch on Friday (Oct. 5, 2007).

The two of us walked up, asked for a table and were prompyly seated.

Entrees: gratin de macaroni and the chicken crepe. Both were excellent.

Dessert: creme brulee. Outstanding!

We were there few days ago for dinner and we loved it. i had fried calamari for app. (yummy!!), french pork chop and creme brulee for dessert. We'll definitely go back!!

We ate there two weeks ago and it was very good. The French Onion soup is very, very good. Also, very excellent, was a flatbread pizza with creme, sauteed onions, and bacon. It was fabulous. Unfortunately, they took the steak off the menu. We had chicken and mashed potatoes. They were good, but not as good as the steak we normally have.

Loved it!!!
Just went two weeks ago-
Dh and I both had Onion soup and short ribs- yummo (I love short ribs)
I dont know if it was a mistake but the polenta was really delicious and very flavorful and creamy.
DM had escagot which she loved and shrimp/scallop entree that was great too.
Kids had burgers and the fish from the kids menu which was lovely- flounder pan sauteed (I think) with a couple of roasted tomatoes and green beans

Oh and the childs meal came with salad or a cheese puff. The cheese puff was really good.

Our server was great too- THe restaurant was a littlee "hustle and bustley" but we really enjoyed it.

Have fun!

Anyone know if they are still serving the cinnamon apple filled crepe dessert? I'm eating there in 3 weeks & the main reason is this dessert! I hope they didn't get rid of it.

Chefs de France is one of our favorites. We ate there twice in January - lunch one day and dinner the next.

We had dinner there again at the end of August.

This is a restaurant my DH loves.

DH has requested this restaurant for our next trip. However, I have searched (as well as I can, considering how the Dis' search engine works;) ) and I'm having a hard time finding any reviews on it. I'd appreciate whatever you can tell me (good or bad). Thanks!

This was my DH's pick too. We looked at the menus on allear and think there is something all of us will like -our boys are 11, 7 & 7.

Anyone know if they are still serving the cinnamon apple filled crepe dessert? I'm eating there in 3 weeks & the main reason is this dessert! I hope they didn't get rid of it.

We were there a little over 3 weeks ago and it was on the menu. My daughter had it and it was wonderful (as was almost everything we had that evening).

We were just there a few weeks ago and we loved it. I just added that day to my dining review and there are pictures too... click the link in my signature if you want to read it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter