Which lens or lenses would you take...

Canon
85mm 1.8
50mm 1.4
17-40mm 4.0
24-70mm 2.8
70-200mm 2.8

and last and kinda odd 100mm macro 2.8

Definitely the 24-70 if you're traveling with family or kids. I have found the most success carrying my 24-105 (or previously the 17-55) when we're down there with our kids. I've found it much easier than taking primes (I've taken my 50/1.4 and Sigma 85/1.4) because you're so often working around other people to get the shots.

When we've been down there without kids, I've also taken my 70-300 and gotten some great shots of fireworks, parades, rides, and signs, but I don't like carrying that big a lens when I might also be carrying a kid!

A lot of it is a matter of personal preference. I like wide shots at Disney, but I also like fast lenses. So I'd probably go with the 24-70.

I'd take the zoom for your AK day, and maybe for the shows at DHS. But I'd leave it in the room the rest of the time.

I'd take one prime for night shots (Boo to You parade if you're doing MNSSHP) and dark rides.

A lot of it is a matter of personal preference. I like wide shots at Disney, but I also like fast lenses. So I'd probably go with the 24-70.

I'd take the zoom for your AK day, and maybe for the shows at DHS. But I'd leave it in the room the rest of the time.

I'd take one prime for night shots (Boo to You parade if you're doing MNSSHP) and dark rides.

This. Exactly this.

Without knowing which camera and if it is aps-c or full frame

24-70mm 2.8 would be the main lens - it gives you a lot of options

I'd also bring 50mm 1.4 if your someone who likes to take lots in pics in the rides where you can't use flash.

70-200mm 2.8 might be nice - but you can also crop things after the fact so it's probably not worth carrying. if its 2.8 for the whole lens i'm guessing it is very heavy

I mostly use my 16mm 2.4 (24mm or so on aps-c), but always carry the 20mm 1.4 (32mm or so on aps-c) for indoor shots and portraits - the speed and sharpness of the primes is amazing, but I sometimes miss the flexibility of the 18-55. It's really annoying to have to back up or step forward to get the picture you want. Also the speed on the 1.4 (or in your case the 1.8) may not give you the results your want unless you step it up. You don't want everything in the background blurred I suspect. It looks amazing when you want it - but is very annoying when you don't

Probably best to ask this in the photo forum though as I'm sure they can give better advice

I'd go with the 24-70, as well. Everything else would be too limiting or too heavy!

24-70mm 2.8

I got a 18-35mm f/1.8 for my Disney trips for the low aperture. Then I broke it and it is in the shop and won't be ready for my next trip, so I used that as an excuse to pick up a 30mm f/1.4. I plan to bring that with me in October. I have a 50mm and don't like it.

That being said, for dark rides, the 2.8 aperture probably won't cut it. I'm hoping my 1.4 will allow me to take some shots I wasn't able to with the 1.8!

I am extremely happy with the pictures I took with my Sigma 17-70 f/2.8-4 through Europe this summer. It was the only lens I took.

So based on your list, I'd go 24-70...you didn't mention if you're full frame or crop sensor (unless one of the lenses gives it away? I shoot Nikon DX so I might have missed it), 24mm on a crop works out to be about 35mm so not really super wide. 70mm can give you nice portraits and f/2.8 is plenty fast.

Most of the time in daylight I had the aperture stopped down to f/16-22 to give a very large depth of field.

I got a 18-35mm f/1.8 for my Disney trips for the low aperture.

Me too!!! And I can't wait for my trip in 3 days!! So excited.

OP... I too, would probably use the 24-70. But mostly agree with this:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter