Leiana and Dakota's PJ 4-27-09 DCL Wedding & Disneymoon. Day 9 is up!

I just want to be able to decide on the rotation so we get Parrot Cay on teh night we are eating in Palo! :lmao: want to make sure we get into Animators Palette!

I just want to be able to decide on the rotation so we get Parrot Cay on teh night we are eating in Palo! :lmao: want to make sure we get into Animators Palette!

Well I guess there is no harm in asking right. On other boards I have read about people making requests for a certain rotation and in some cases they have been able to get them. So I say best of luck and try to get the rotation you want. :thumbsup2
Don't forget that your Palo dinner does not need to be your ceremony night so you could even make it for early Castaway Cay night that way you could still make the Pirate Party at 10pm and not miss your regular rotation. The only downside is if you want to partake in the Pirate menu.:guilty:
(Can't remember if you're on a 3 or 4 night)

we are on the 3 night, but we are booking the private room in Palo for all our adults after the ceremony on Bahamas Day. I've heard that being with DFTW we can put requests in for stuff like that, so i'm hopeing it's not a problem.

It probably won't be too big a deal.

As I said go for it, because I know that I would've hated choosing between Palo and Animator's Palette.

Yeah I just dropped it off at Guest Services early the second morning. I chose All Stars and Princesses.

As someone on another thread said "tell them whether you want the signatures to go with a vertical or horizontal picture because afterwards it's too late"

Hello, I would like to do this also. So you bring your own mat (size doesn't matter)? Thank you for the info.

Your pics are so cute. I love the ones where you are fighting off the females and he is fighting off the males. You must have been such a fun group!

Jen

Ok I know that I've kinda put off adding anything new lately. Sorry to all of you waiting for some new stuff. I should have something up in the next couple of days.

Work is just draining me right now.:sick:

Day 5: Disembarkation Day

We had to be up for a 7 am breakfast in Animator's Palette. It was a really sad day because we knew the relaxation part of our trip was over but our servers made it fun. They kept making jokes about next time they see us there will be 3 of us. We picked up our 8 x 10 wedding photos on the way out and we were off to start our honeymoon at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter. Customs was fine on the way out we just grabbed a porter and he did most of the work for us. We were put onto a small 9 person Mears Shuttle and after what was a considerable wait we left, waving goodbye to the ship as we left the port. (Our shuttle was supposed to leave at 9:15 but because the lady keeping track of the people getting onto the shuttle wanted to wait until the terminal was nearly empty we had to sit there until 9:45. Our driver was beyond annoyed by this point. Really made no sense to wait as there was only room for 2 more anyway but oh well) Best part of the ride to the resort was when someone cut us off on the highway and the shuttle driver had to slam on the the brakes. Dakota stopped sleeping after this.

Day 1: Honeymoon

Got to resort by 10:30 the room was even ready for us and that was a shocker as check in is not until 3pm. Must be cause I online checked in before we left.
DSCF0313.jpg
DSCF0311.jpg

Headed straight over to Hollywood Studios and was there by 11 ish. Believe it or not the wait for Toy Story Mania was only 40 minutes. Fast pass return was for 6:05 -7:05 but we knew we'd be gone before then so we decided not to pick one up. And no I did not win.:guilty:
DSCF0317.jpg
DSCF0324.jpg
DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0319.jpg

Next up we hit the Studio Backlot tour got some great pics.
DSCF0351.jpg
DSCF0336.jpg

Star Tours & muppets 3d vision were also big on my list.
DSCF0384.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg
DSCF0372.jpg

I think overall my first visit to HS went well.

DSCF0368.jpg

We grabbed a chili dog for lunch and it just amazed me how big the portions were with the Quick Service Dining Plan.

After lunch we wandered through the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie set. We did a little bit of shopping for some Star Wars stuff and by that time it was maybe 3:30 so we headed back to the resort for a nap before dinner.

My family was all planning on going to Giordano's for supper that night. My sister raved about the pizza and it did not disappoint. My Aunt and cousin ordered a large pizza for the 2 of them, it was funny to see the look on their face when it came out.

We stopped at the Winn-Dixie on the way back to the resort so my family could get some food for their 3 day stay and then it was off to our room for a good nights sleep.
DSCF0388.jpg
DSCF0391.jpg

Hey Leiana, i've got another question. :lmao:

Where did you guests eat the cake? I know they have chairs for the ceremony, but are there any tables to eat the cake at? I can't see holding the cake in your lap while they eat, plus a glass of champagne? I would hope there are tables around someplace.

Hey Leiana, i've got another question. :lmao:

Where did you guests eat the cake? I know they have chairs for the ceremony, but are there any tables to eat the cake at? I can't see holding the cake in your lap while they eat, plus a glass of champagne? I would hope there are tables around someplace.

Nope no extra tables. They do the cake cutting and the champagne toast seperate so you don't have worry about holding both at the same time.

And during pictures there is more than enough space on the cake and champagne tables to put down your plate or glass.

So yeah everyone pretty much holds them.

Well I have not been on the ball keeping you all up to date.

So last Tuesday I finally had the last of my documents changed to my married name. (Except for the passport but that's a different story)

And I got to show my Grandmother the wedding pics since she moved out of the hospital and into an extended care home.

I hope to have some more of my trip report up on Tuesday.

Day 2 of Honeymoon

So my original plan for this day was to get up fairly early go over to Magic Kingdom, spend the day there and then head over to Epcot for EMH.

Well for starters, we didn't bother to wake up until 10. It felt so nice to sleep in. We probably got to the park around 11 but I don't think it was too bad. The first ride I wanted to go on was Big Thunder Mountain. We had to stop and get some castle pics in and then headed over to Frontierland.

Line times were not that bad I think it said 20-30 minutes. We grabbed a Fast Pass for BTMRR and then hopped in line. We got in line at the right time because 5 min. after we got in line the rush hit and they had to extend the queue to accommodate everyone.

I was not disappointed the ride was awesome. It was even nicer the second time around because we did not have to wait in the long line.

Next up we headed over to Splash Mountain. The line there said 70 minutes so we just got a Fast Pass and then grabbed some food. Once our time was called we lined up and waited the 10-15 minutes in the Fast Pass line. I ended up getting the front seat of the log. I was not happy because I don't really like to be in the front of the ride. I also managed to ruin our ride photo because out of habit on this type of ride I always put my head down. :sad1:

I did get a nice t-shirt in the gift shop though.

Next up we hit Adventureland. (We did everything here except the Enchanted Tiki Room.) I had to bring Dakota to see the Swiss Family Treehouse. He loved it as much as I do which made me happy. He took lots of photos.

I also finally got to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I liked it. I got a nice pirate hat in the gift shop and Dakota bought himself a POTC hoodie.

The Jungle Cruise was funny. The operator noticed we had just got married and he says to my husband "When she said she wanted to go on a cruise she didn't mean this one." I told him we got in the Disney Cruise too. I think I ruined his joke. :lmao:

The Magic Carpets of Aladdin was great the Camel spit us! It came as a big relief in the hot weather.

Lastly we headed over to Liberty Square and got in the 30 minute line for The Haunted Mansion. Another ride that I never made it on back in '93. It was so much fun. I loved all the sayings on the tombstones and the ghostly figures. :thumbsup2

At this point I was getting tired. It was probably around 4:30-5:00 so we decided to go back to the hotel and have a rest and then decide later if we were going to Epcot.

I fell asleep and by the time I woke up it was kind of a waste to go so we just grabbed a bite in our food court and watched TV in the air conditioned room. We found on this trip it was best to leave our big meals for later in the day and just have food back at the resort. I absolutely loved the food in the food court. It's making me hungry now.

(I wrote this on Dakota's computer so I do not have access to the photos that are on my laptop. I'll have those up later)

Here's the photos.

DSCF0399.jpg

DSCF0438.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0442.jpg

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

DSCF0449.jpg

DSCF0405.jpg

DSCF0411.jpg
DSCF0412.jpg

Here's how fast the standby line times can change.

DSCF0420.jpg

DSCF0452.jpg
My towel animal. He's so cute we wanted to take him home. Don't worry we didn't.

So I've been busy putting together a trip scrapbook and I've managed to get a couple more photos together for you all.

StitchLeianaCasandra.jpg

disney1.jpg
disney4.jpg

More Trip Report coming later...just need to upload some pics.:)

Day 3 of Honeymoon

Well I will admit this was the day I was really looking forward to on our trip. I had never been to Animal Kingdom before and I was excited. We had a 10 am breakfast at Tusker House to see Donald and his friends. (Dakota's character meal choice)

We woke up at 8:30 and by 8:45 we were on the bus to AK. We arrived shortly after 9am and we headed straight over to Kilimanjaro Safaris and got a Fast Pass. Next we wandered over towards Tusker House and checked in. They managed to spell our last name wrong so I was really thankful that I brought along our reservation number.

I absolutely loved to food and the atmosphere in the restaurant we got some great pictures.

After our lovely meal we wandered around looking at some of the shops waiting for our Fast Pass time to come up.

The Safari ride did not disappoint I loved seeing all the animals roaming around, it was incredible to have a giraffe right next to the jeep. These are animals that in some cases I haven' t even seen before. Dakota enjoyed the ride too because he always said he'd love to do a real safari but this was just as good as a real African one.

We hit the Pangani Trail next. Again having all the animals right there even if they were behind glass was still great fun. (If you haven't guessed I like animals)

Just because we had to, we visited Rafiki's Planet Watch.

In the Conservation Station we met Pocahontas, Rafiki and Jiminy Cricket. Dakota liked all the creepy crawlers. Not my cup of tea.

Next we wandered over to Asia and got in line for Kali River Rapids. This was number 1 on my list of rides to do and I was willing to wait in the 40 minute line to go on it. It was only around 12:30 so I was not too worried. It is one of those rides that has a really interesting queue line so you enjoy the experience waiting in line. I thought it was well worth the wait but I would've loved if it was longer. DH said they should have the Splash Mountain drop on that ride. HaHa yeah right.

Maharajah Jungle Trek was interesting. I loved the ruins. (Even if they were fake ruins)

No we did not do Expedition Everest. I was just too much of a chicken to ride it.

Don't remember where we exactly where we were but we stopped for a bite to eat and watched the monkey's swing around in "Monkey City"

Dinoland U.S.A. was up next.
Believe it or not we actually went on Primeval Whirl. It looked pretty creepy but I sucked it up and we went on. Dakota slammed into me on one of the turns and I had a bruise for a month or so afterwards. But it was fun.
We saw Goofy and Pluto doing an appearance so we lined up and got a couple great photopass shots. Although Pluto did step on my foot it was still a fun interaction.

disney14.jpg

We also rode TriceraTop Spin before we headed over to Dinosaur. OMG Dinosaur was an awesome ride. It rocks you every which way and it almost scares you. This time Dakota ruined our Ride Photo. The time the photo was taken there was a loud noise so he covered his ears and that is what they caught.

We stopped into a shop and the lady at the till gave us the phone, it was Minnie and Mickey calling to wish us Congratulations. I thought that was cute. She called again so Dakota could listen.

At this point it was about 3:45 and we decided we still had enough time to head over to Camp Minnie-Mickey to see which characters were doing appearances over there.

On the way we caught It's Tough to Be A Bug. We had a good time. DH was kinda upset I never told him about the stink bug. His favourite part was the bugs leaving the theatre at the end. One lady actually jumped up and screamed when she felt it under her seat. LOL

We found Pooh and his friends and there was no lineup. I was shocked to say the least.
disney22.jpg
disney19.jpg
disney21.jpg

We saw Baloo and King Louie along the way but I did not get any pictures. We also managed to be last in line for Lilo and Stitch. Lilo was jealous of my ring and she wanted one too so my husband found some wheat and wound it together and made a nice ring for her. She loved it.

disney26.jpg
disney28.jpg
disney27.jpg
disney32.jpg
disney34.jpg

When we got down to the Greeting Trails we noticed that the characters there were just the regulars (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) but when we turned around we saw Koda. His handler said he was off shift we just asked for a picture of him and she nicely let us get one pic with him.

As we were heading out we noticed that there was one last performance of the Festival of the Lion King so we grabbed a seat just before it started. But wouldn't you know it as soon as the lights went down they said "Due to technical difficulties this showing of the FotLK is cancelled" Nobody moved for a couple minutes and then the lights came on and they announced that there would be a meet and greet with the cast. We decided to just head home for the day.

It was almost closing anyway. Our first and only full day at a park. I think we did good.

Leiana, I don't know how I missed your pj until today. Everything looked wonderful and you looked beautiful! I am so glad everything went so smoothly. I am doing a vow renewal onboard the Disney Wonder, so I have appreciated your trip report and pictures.

Day 4 of Honeymoon

So it was Sunday morning. I had every intention of getting up and heading to Typhoon Lagoon today. Well I had another lazy day and I felt it would be more fun to sleep in and instead head over to Downtown Disney.

We both wanted to see at least one shop so we figured we could make a day of it.

We took the water taxi from POFQ over to Downtown Disney and I really recommend it for any of you that get the chance. It was so relaxing almost more of a luxury than the buses.

Our first stop was the Art of Disney shop. I was looking for the Precious Moments Bride and Groom figure (with the ears on) but it looked like they are no longer making it. Oh well I found a whole bunch of really nice pictures and postcards my only big problem was deciding which ones I wanted. :laughing:

We had to make a stop at the Once Upon a Toy store. One because I was looking to get some Mr. Potato Head pieces and Two because we work at a toy store and we always have to check out what other stores have. We love toys. It was alot of fun filling the giant potato head. Dakota stuffed while I found all the pieces that I wanted. The only thing we did not manage to fit in was the Maleficent ears/hat. I left happy. :yay:

Next stop was the Lego Imagination Center. Dakota loves Lego so this was the one stop he had to make. He did not find anything too exciting but he did get a bionicle ball cap (his fav. Lego line) We also found out that one of the workers there was planning on getting married at the Wedding Pavillion.

We stopped for a quick snack and then we decided to head back to the resort. Took awhile for the correct water taxi to pick us up but it wasn't an hour or anything like that.

Once we got back to the resort we dropped off the souvenirs and decided we still had some time to make it to Epcot.

We got to Epcot at about 6:30 pm so we only had about 1/2 hr. until Future World shut down for the night but we were more interested in World Showcase anyway.

Spaceship Earth was walk on when we got there it was great. Tight cars but it was still really fun and interesting.
We thought about going on Test Track but Dakota chickened out so we didn't bother.

We headed through Canada, United Kingdom, France checking out shops along the way until we finally stopped in Japan and got ready for IllumiNations. I had never actually seen it before and I was awe struck.

The only disadvantage to Epcot is the long walk back. I have trouble walking long distances and I was so thankful when we were back on the bus heading to POFQ.

Heavy walking day for me but Dakota was happy so it was worth it. :thumbsup2

Pictures will be up soon.

Day 5 of Honeymoon:

So since we didn't make it to Typhoon Lagoon the day before we decided to have a quick couple of hours there before our 1:30 lunch reservation at Crystal Palace.

We had a blast in the lazy river, but we forgot which stop was ours so we went around twice. Next we hit the wave pool for about 20 minutes and then we were off to the hotel to drop off the wet clothes before we went to Magic Kingdom.

Of course we had fun at the character lunch. I love the characters :lovestruc

Afterwards it was off to Fantasyland as we never made it that far the other day. We pretty much did every ride in the area including the carousel. I really shouldn't have though because my horse ended up at the highest point and I had to get my husband to help get me down. :eek: It was embarassing.

Next was Mickey's Toontown Fair and yes I got Dakota to come with me to meet the Princesses. The best was when Belle exclaimed "Oh I see you brought your own Beast!"
DH was really interested in visiting the characters houses. Donald's boat was the best with all the water spouts. We really needed it. :thumbsup2

Tomorrowland was awesome. Dakota is still telling everyone that his score at Buzz Lightyear was over 900,000. He was rather impressed. We did the Laugh Floor and that was entertaining too. I even liked Stitch's Great Escape not much to it but anytime I get to sit we're good.

We stopped to get something to drink and hang out under the water sprayer and then it was off to the resort for my nightly spaghetti. Mmmm...I want some of that right now YUM YUM.

Sorry for being so behind in my updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter