Lei Greeting

Wendy Darling CA

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if they brought back the lei greeting upon arrival yet? Our son is bringing a friend and its his first visit to Hawaii so a lei greeting is a must for tradition.

They did not last week - so we bought the lei experience from our drive service

Can you still get a free lei in the lobby at Aulani even if you have to put it on yourself?

Can you still get a free lei in the lobby at Aulani even if you have to put it on yourself?
No I’m just back from Aulani and asked at reception for a Lei and was told they don’t do them any more. I was told a shop across the road sells them if I really wanted them. I asked was it just because of COVID and she replied it was for the foreseeable future. Also no robes in the rooms like their used to be. I do think some things like this will never return and Disney are using Covid-19 as an opportunity to cut back certain things

I do think some things like this will never return and Disney are using Covid-19 as an opportunity to cut back certain things
Agree 100%. We asked about magic bands at check in at Aulani and they said they were going to roll them out at Aulani but didn’t because of Covid. Huh?

Agree 100%. We asked about magic bands at check in at Aulani and they said they were going to roll them out at Aulani but didn’t because of Covid. Huh?
Because the resort shut down and manufacturers can't keep up with the existing MagicBand orders at Walt Disney World, not because they were trying to save money. Rolling out MagicBands would MAKE them money.

Because the resort shut down and manufacturers can't keep up with the existing MagicBand orders at Walt Disney World, not because they were trying to save money. Rolling out MagicBands would MAKE them money.
If I bring mine from home do they at least work? I have about 40 of these suckers collecting dust. We leave in the morning!

If I bring mine from home do they at least work? I have about 40 of these suckers collecting dust. We leave in the morning!
In theory, but people have reported mixed results. For your best chance, make sure your DisneyAulani.com and My Disney Experience accounts use the same email address and you see the reservation in your Aulani Dashboard.

We had ours, we were told we couldn’t use them because the rollout paused due to covid

We had ours, we were told we couldn’t use them because the rollout paused due to covid
You were given bad information.

Existing MagicBands should work if everything is linked properly, and have worked for a couple of years.

The only thing that was paused was the marketing campaign and selling the bands in the shops. The technology is all in place.

You were given bad information.

Existing MagicBands should work if everything is linked properly, and have worked for a couple of years.

The only thing that was paused was the marketing campaign and selling the bands in the shops. The technology is all in place.
The lady at check in said nope. We had our bands on. We showed them to her. She said exactly as stated : “we paused the magic band roll out due to Covid. They won’t work”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter