Legoland?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
Our children are going to be 8 & 5, huge into Lego and would love to go here. Now, I've looked it over and I admit, to me, it just looks... tacky? lol. But maybe I'm trying to compare it apples to apples with Disney. I know they're very different parks.

So, who has been? How did you find it? Did your children enjoy it? I'm wondering is it possible to do Legoland and the water park in one day? Are they connected? Can you walk from one to the other? Is the water park good? Is the whole thing (park and water park) worth the money?

Also, when is the new HeartLake part supposed to open?

My daughter is two and a half and she really enjoyed it. I felt that it was mainly geared towards younger kids. My daughter could only do about 1/2 of the rides as she was just an inch short on some of the height requirements. We didn't do the water park, but it is connected and you can walk to the park.

Just went to legoland a few weekends ago, with my 8.5 yr dd girl scout troop, most of those girls have been to Disney multiple times and one thing they kept saying was how short the wait times were compared to Disney! Its not a place I would spend more then 2 days in a row at, but it wasn't too tacky. The grounds are really pretty and my dd really liked the roller coasters, they are geared towards children so they weren't too scary. The water park is in the back so you have to walk through the park to get there, its a smaller water park, it has a lazy river and 3 or 4 larger slides, a wave pool, and an interactive area that has multiple smaller slides (that's where the girls spent most of there time). If your kids are into legos they will love it. One fun thing to do is trade mini figures all the employees have them on their badges and you can trade with them. The Heartlake part opens around June 26th. One really neat place was the mini land where they recreated different landmarks around the world. The only thing that was a bit off putting was how far out in the middle of no where it was.

It really is in the middle of nowhere! It took us 45 minutes from Disney which I didn't expect. We went 3 years ago and loved it. The grounds are beautiful. They have an area of Lego models I guess of famous places and such that is really great to see and walk through. My little ones didn't care for that because there are models. The rides were fun for the kids, my oldest was 10 and she enjoyed herself.

Took our kids 8 & 5 there this year and last year. Definitely not a Disney park, but it is not State Fair bad either. 1 day should be enough to the main park, not sure about adding the waterpark, which is located at the back of the park so you have to travel all the way back to get to it. They have some great Lego Mindstorms classes in the main building that are free and Air conditioned. Not worth the gate price but there are always kids free deals going on.

LEGOLAND is at least one full day for us, but my kids are huge Lego fans who could spend a long time just examining Miniland models. The rides definitely don't have Disney level theming and the coasters are pretty mild, but we enjoy the break from the overstimulation of Disney and Universal. My kids love the simple, fun rides like driving their own car or boat. It's not the best place for older kids who prefer intense thrill rides or toddlers who will be frustrated by the height requirements, but I would highly recommend it for any 3 to 12 year-old Lego fans and especially kids who get overwhelmed by the crowds, noise, and intensity of other Florida theme parks.

my kids are 7 and 13 and we went last year. This year they are begging to go back again, the Chima ride was awesome..lots of good rides in it I would say were on par with Disney for sure.

I have a 7 year old and she wouldn't go back. One ride she somewhat enjoyed was the Chima water ride...but I never realized how wet you could get on that - and that was the first ride DH and her tried.

All in all, the park isn't laid out near as well as Disney...it's easy to get disoriented.

I think Legoland is well worth it if your kids are into Legos. We are planning a trip soon and the kids are really looking forward to going back. One day is plenty to tour the park IMO.

We went 2 years ago and my daughters loved it! So much so that we are planning another day there this year. They are both 9 and we only did the regular park. Have fun!

My husband and I were extremely disappointed. Our kids liked it okay, but it could have been any cheap-looking amusement park. Aside from some attention to detail on the rides and a few displays here and there, they completely dropped the ball on themeing. We walked around lamenting over what might have been if Disney had gotten their hands on it - the trash cans would have looked like Lego holders, the bridges would have been painted/created to look like Lego bricks, the pathways with actual brick and stone could have reflected the same. Add to that, but the cost of the one-day ticket was much higher than we anticipated - didn't break the bank for us, but for what we paid, we expected more than the lackluster experience we got. Most places we'll give a two-strike rule - LegoLand got one. We won't be going back.

My boyfriend is obsessed with all things Lego, I hope it is not a lackluster experience for us. Does anyone know how good the rollercoasters are?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter