Legoland tips?

lynnj

Earning My Ears
Hi. WE are headed out to Santa BArbara for a family wedding over memorial day. We will fly into LAX head up to Santa BArbara then drive to Carlsbad for one day at legoland before we fly home out of San Diego. Anyone have any tips on how to make the most of our one day. We will probably not get back to California in a while. My kids are 6 and 4. Any not miss attractions, park strategies etc? Also can you get tickets at any costcos? Also seriously considering the brickmaster's club for my son. He is a lego fanatic. Thanks for your help. Lynn

I don't have any tips for Legoland, as I haven't been there yet myself. But I am VERY interested in learning more. My DS (3,4) are crazy about legos and I just signed up for Brickmasters for my older son. Looks like we'll be getting a legoland pass soon so will have to make the trip ;)

Can't wait to hear more from the experts...

I bumped the thread where I wrote up a bit of a touring plan for LL. (somehow I lack the technical whiz-bang to provide a link!!!) So check out eargal's post about touring plans for Sea World, LL....etc.

I have been to LL about 8 b'zillion times as I live in San Diego and have been a member for 5 years.

Special considerations. Off season, the park is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Thursdays can be a bit busy in the early AM as there is a special membership for mom's with toddlers that allows only Thursday entrance. So early there seems to be a lot of madly stroller pushing women who all seem to know one another!! If you go on a Thursday, really good idea to follow my advice to go right rather than left...very toddler heavy in the morning if you head left!!

In fun town, do not miss the Adventure Club...a silly walk through exhibit that scared/thrilled my DD at 3...and she still likes to walk thru a couple times each visit at 8!!!

Have fun. My kiddo is about too old now....going is too commmonplace for her these days. Bummer.:sad2:

I bumped the thread where I wrote up a bit of a touring plan for LL. (somehow I lack the technical whiz-bang to provide a link!!!) So check out eargal's post about touring plans for Sea World, LL....etc.

I have been to LL about 8 b'zillion times as I live in San Diego and have been a member for 5 years.

Special considerations. Off season, the park is closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Thursdays can be a bit busy in the early AM as there is a special membership for mom's with toddlers that allows only Thursday entrance. So early there seems to be a lot of madly stroller pushing women who all seem to know one another!! If you go on a Thursday, really good idea to follow my advice to go right rather than left...very toddler heavy in the morning if you head left!!

In fun town, do not miss the Adventure Club...a silly walk through exhibit that scared/thrilled my DD at 3...and she still likes to walk thru a couple times each visit at 8!!!

Have fun. My kiddo is about too old now....going is too commmonplace for her these days. Bummer.:sad2:

Thank you so much! The post was so informative. I better check the schedule. We are going the Tuesday after Memorial Day. I hope it is not closed.

You should be able to do all or most of Legoland in one day. We have been a few times and have never had long lines to deal with. Its alsway a nice change of pace after Disney or Seaworld (less people). You can get tickets for legoland online at costco or you can also get some good deals on the legoland website. Depending on hight they should be able to ride almost everything in the park. I only remember a hight limit on a few rides. Your kids should love it.

We coming down to LA/San Diego from Oregon for spring break and want to take our 6 and 4 to Legoland. I was hoping any generous Southern CA resident with the "Buy 1 Get 1 Free Legoland Coupons" can spare me 2 of those coupons? I can Paypal some postage $ ? Thanks in advance !

As far as I know, there are no free kid coupons available at this time. I collected a huge pile last year and ended up sending out 230 of them, but they all expired 12/07. I will be glad to keep my eyes open for more, but so far, no go!

Mousesavers usually posts any available places to get them...nothing posted yet. Good luck though!!!

If I find any, I will be sure to post!!!!

Thanks. I asked cause I saw these coupons on Ebay and Craigslist for like $10-$20 each. These coupons expire 3/31/08. If anyone have them, please let me know - you can PM or contact me at samanthale@yahoo.com.

Did some research online and found out the BOGO coupons floating around are for PTA members. Basicallly, the school just submit the form to Legoland and they will send the coupons to all the members of the school PTA (Parent Teacher Association). So if you have kids in school in CA and involve with the school PTA , you can submit that the order form for these free coupons. So any of you CA residents are PTA members? If so, you can get these coupons for us out of state residents.?

The best advice I got was from grumpyvet. She told me to start at the back of the park and work your way forward. Also if the weather is lovely bring
x tra change of clothes, towells and a swimsuit because pirate island is loads of fun!

I checked on E-bay for the coupons as I hadn't heard of any and wanted to see where they were coming from...and while most were PTA (can't help you there, private school...PTF (fellowship)) a few had Wahoo's logo...a small chain of restaurants. I will try to swing by the closest one this weekend and see if they still have them available. If so, I will post it!!!

Last year DQ had them...not so far this year. Bummer.

The best advice I got was from grumpyvet-----Thanx drag n'fly---glad it worked out so well for you!! Amy

Hi. WE are headed out to Santa BArbara for a family wedding over memorial day. We will fly into LAX head up to Santa BArbara then drive to Carlsbad for one day at legoland before we fly home out of San Diego. Anyone have any tips on how to make the most of our one day. We will probably not get back to California in a while. My kids are 6 and 4. Any not miss attractions, park strategies etc? Also can you get tickets at any costcos? Also seriously considering the brickmaster's club for my son. He is a lego fanatic. Thanks for your help. Lynn

We were there about 5 years ago. One fun thing to do...in one of the stores my son had his picture taken (close-up); they take the image and create the lego kit you can buy (at the time it was ~$30) to put together into a picture frame. It really does look like him. He still has it hanging up in his room. A great souvenir for Lego fans! :)

I bought a 3 month membership for unlimited entry at the costco site for less than the cost of 1 day from legoland even with the 5% add on for not being a member! Since we are going for 3 days, that's pretty good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter