Legoland for Teen/Adults?

redoschi

Mouseketeer
Hi!

We're planning a trip for January 2013 and I'm sorting out our schedule!

It's my (28) 6th trip, my fiancee's 2nd (28) and her mother (53) and brother's (16) very first time in Orlando.

It'll be a rather large trip as I intend on taking them to most of what the Orlando region has to offer that I very much enjoyed on previous trips including the obvious WDW parks (7-8 days!), US/IOA (2-3 days), Sea World, Busch Gardens Tampa and Kennedy Space Center.

I'm a big LEGO fan and love the DTD store! But the only thing I'm not sure about is LEGOLand as I've never visited (my last trip was in 2007) and some reviews say it is mostly for kids. I was already considering it to be a half-day park (we would leave early for some outlet shopping probably), but wanted the opinion of those who have been there so that I can enhance my plans! :thumbsup2

Any thoughts?

Most of Legoland is really for kids. Not sure if it would be worth the entrance fee for your family group, but that is up to you.

For non 'little' kids, there are the cool lego scenes, a few rides that adults can go on, a lego race car building area (which really was mainly kids building), and the waterski show. Since we visited, they have opened up a waterpark area which I haven't been to, so can't comment on that.

I was worried my roller coaster junkie 11yo would not enjoy Legoland, but he managed to have fun on all the rides, even though they are not fast rides by any means.

If you would like a suggestion, this year, we visited Busch Gardens for the first time and had a great time. Park was not too crowded (unlike the Orlando parks) and had some great things going on. Its about an hour 20mins from WDW so is doable as a day trip.

HTH

-Kay

Most of Legoland is really for kids. Not sure if it would be worth the entrance fee for your family group, but that is up to you.

For non 'little' kids, there are the cool lego scenes, a few rides that adults can go on, a lego race car building area (which really was mainly kids building), and the waterski show. Since we visited, they have opened up a waterpark area which I haven't been to, so can't comment on that.

I was worried my roller coaster junkie 11yo would not enjoy Legoland, but he managed to have fun on all the rides, even though they are not fast rides by any means.

If you would like a suggestion, this year, we visited Busch Gardens for the first time and had a great time. Park was not too crowded (unlike the Orlando parks) and had some great things going on. Its about an hour 20mins from WDW so is doable as a day trip.

HTH

-Kay

I love Busch Gardens, been there almost every trip since my first in 1989! paw: And as I mentioned above we already have a day set aside for it!

The price is exactly why I'm rethinking my decision to try LegoLand, I've checked some discounts but it will sum to at least 240 for the 4 of us. I'll check with everyone and show the map and pictures so to enable us to make a sensible decision.

I'm a LEGO fan and I'm sure we'd all like the scenes, the Cypress Gardens area and the rides, but perhaps a day spent at other Orlando attractions and shopping. I also thought about Gatorland as a half-day park. Has anyone been there?

Even though you are a Lego fan I just don't think the price is worth it for adults only. There's just not enough there:sad2: The park is very nice, the mini-land (not sure that's the actual name) is amazing but still not worth the cost! We have 2 young boys (9 & 6 when we went) and we were able to get the whole park done in a half day. DS10 wants to go back on our next trip, but I just can't see spending all that money (even with the buy 1 adult get 1 child free coupon).
Laurie

I honestly dont think as a adult there is anything worth the admission price for anyone over 10 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont go!!

I'm in my mid 30's and very much enjoyed my visit to Legoland,the park has pretty early closing times(5pm-6pm) and I think there's plenty of stuff to do from opening to closing,which is how long we stayed when we went.It is not Busch Gardens with all the major coasters,Legoland has a small wood coaster,a wild mouse style coaster,a jr suspended coaster and a small coaster which was there from when the park was Cypress Gardens that Legoland added some interior castle scenes to it.The miniland area is fun for everyone and it'll probably take an hour or longer to check out.There's the Island in the sky observation ride and a 3-D movie theater that plays 3 different movies throughout the day.The ski show is definitely aimed for kids as are several other attractions and shows,the exception is the wave blaster ride that I though was super fun.With all that said I did enjoy the park,what made it more enjoyable was that we got in free with a Lego VIP promotion the third week the park was opened.I have annual passes to all the Florida theme parks except Legoland,I guess that means that even though I really liked the park a lot it probably doesn't have enough for adults to justify the price of an annual pass.If you've already experienced all the other parks I would suggest you do go to Legoland but go realizing that even though it does have a good amount of things for adults it is still aimed at kids.One thing to note is that when I went there were almost as many senior citizens as kids as the park is really beautiful such as the old gardens area which has been maintained from the old Cypress Gardens area.

Thanks for all the opinions! I believe I'll pass it on this trip and leave it to when I have kids so as to have something new to see with them in addition to all the wonderful things from WDW, SW and USO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter