• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Legoland for 3 year-old and 1 year-old

northshoremama

DIS Veteran
i'm now thinking of adding legoland to our itinerary while we are there in may. i checked out the ride list for legoland and noticed that most ride have a minimum height restriction of 34 or 36 inches. DD1 is just about 35inches, so i'm not worried about her (her shoes should make up the 1inch difference). does this mean though that i will not be able to carry on my 1 year old unto these rides?

i see that there are about 6 attractions with no height restrictions...so i'm just wondering if my girls are too young for legoland or i should go ahead and take them there?

any thoughts/advice???

TIA!

They are pretty strict about height. It seemed to us when we took our 1 year old who was tall for her age that she couldn't do much. We figured that because she was free they really didn't want her to do much. It looks like you've explored the heights. I'd expect them to be strict. It's now been about 14 months since I last went with older children. I can't recall rides you can carry a child on. There are some where a child can be seated next to you. Hopefully someone that has been more recently with a one year old can help you more than me. I think of it as a park best for the 4-9 set. It is a very clean, cute park though.

Do they measure the kids once and give them a wristband or anything? I measured my son today with his shoes on and he was just under 34 inches. I guess I'll have to look around for some shoes with thicker soles :goodvibes

They measure them at every ride - which seemed to make the lines longer if only one person was manning the line and the ride.

i'm still wondering if it'll be worth the 1-hour drive down south to Legoland. seems like a limited amount of rides that my 3-year old dd will be able to ride...and even less rides for my 1-year old dd. as one of the PPs stated, seems like this park would best suit 4-9 year-olds...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter