• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lego Land Go or Skip it??

ChrisinNJ

DIS Veteran
We are going to Disney in the fall and I am debating a trip to Lego Land. My kids will be almost 12 (twins) and 9.

They like Lego, but they play with it less and less, though that may change in the winter when they are inside more. I figure if we don't go this trip they will be too old next trip, I am actually concerned they are too old now.

If you have been, what do you think? See it or skip it?

I have not been, but from what I've heard it's more suited for younger children, like 7 or 8 tops. I'm sure that anyone can have fun there if they want to (it is a matter of attitude) but I think 12 may be bored?

It is a tough decision...

Have you talked to your kids about it? Maybe show them some online photos or even some trip reports and let them help you decide if its worth it.

My DS was the biggest lego fan ever. Every birthday/Christmas since 1st grade has been nearly all legos. I truly thought he would never outgrow it. Well, he is 13 now, and with in the last year his interest has slowly waned. He is really into Brickarms now which are still legos, but not kits. He loves making his own tanks, and modifying minifigures and weapons.

I fully intended on us going to Legoland this winter, but now it is him telling me that he doesn't think it would be worth it. I am a little sad actually.

I agree it will be now or never with your kids ages. Let them help you decide.

Enjoy your trip!

Given your kids ages, I would skip it. They would have more fun at Universal or something similar. My kids ages 3 and 6 when we went loved it, but we decided not to go back. It was a cool park, but not one we would do multiple times, especially at those prices.

I just brought my twin DD (10) in April. I was afraid to wait because I figured they'd be too old if we did. They LOVED it. Granted they are a little more innocent than a lot of kids their age, but I was surprised at how much they enjoyed it and they said they would like to go back. There were definitely parts we skipped because they were too old, but most of it they really enjoyed. We just went into it realizing this is NOT Disney, because it definitely isn't. They loved the coasters and other bigger rides and really enjoyed all the Lego creations and the mini village - that alone is amazing to see. If it fits into your schedule and you find discounted tickets (we got BOGO), go for it. I wouldn't go back if we had to pay full price. Enjoy!

The park is great and beautiful and even if you're not into Legos the park is super enjoyable.I haven't played with Legos for 25-30 years and I loved it.There are a few attractions that are for the under 10 age group but a lot of other attractions suited for everybody in the family.

My DS 10 just went and he LOVED it albeit he also LoVES LEGOS but it was a must do for him, if your kids are not into it I would ask them, why waste the $$$ if they won't enjoy themselves...my son also had his cousin with him who is 13 & he enjoyed it too.

Go go go! I have 6 kids ranging in ages from 13-1. Every single one enjoyed it. My oldest DS enjoyed mini land USA the most. He mostly was amazed at the Lego creations. I don't think he wants to go back but it was worth it for him just to see all the attention to details the brick masters put into everything.
Nice clean park, I think if you are 1 gone you won't regret it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter