• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LEGO LAND for a 7 yr old -too old???

PrincessAbby'sMom

DIS Veteran
We are planning a DL trip in Dec 07 & going to get the So Cal City Pass too. Wondering about Lego Land. I think this may be the only time - atleast for a long time - that we will get to California (since we live in Illinois), so I wanted some opinions on going to Lego Land.
We have 1 daughter & she will be 7 when we go. Will she still enjoy it? I am hearing that she may be too old now?? :confused3

We went in December, and both boys (DS5 and DS7) really enjoyed themselves. LL is strange in that you have to really be careful of the height restrictions - they're much stricter than DL.

There's a "wet" area that is really fun, but be sure to bring a change of clothes. :thumbsup2

I'm definitely planning on taking my DD7 to Legoland. She's not a thrill-junkie, and loves her dollhouse. So, I think she'll love all the miniatures. She's looking forward to the driving course. And, there are still a few thrill rides there. Check out their website:

http://www.legoland.com/california.htm

Make sure you check their hours before you go. They tend to close on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

We took our 4 and 7yo in Oct '05 and they both had a great time. IWe went for my nephew's birthday and it was cheaper per person to book the party package which included lunch and cake than it was to pay for a single day at the gates with no food. We had kids between 1 and 7 and they all had a great time.

I agree that most 7yo's would have a terrific time there. I would think up until age 10 you'd be fairly safe if you have an easy going kids. It really is a fantastic park.

I took my DS (7) went last year and again this year with his 9yo cousin. It's still one of my son's favorite places to go, (he ranked it higher than DLR last year). His older cousin on the other hand at first was not so impressed (I think he thought initially that Legoland was just for 'little' kids), but quickly got into all of the interactive elements of the park. By the end of the day, he too agreed that it was one of the more fun places to go to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter