Lego City Mining Set $39.97 @ Walmart

virginiamama

DIS Veteran
This is the $89 set. Online it is regular price, but in-store it rings up $39.97 as shown in this week's ad. Confirmed in Yorktown VA. Yay! Finally got my Christmas shopping started with a bang!

Great deal! I wish they had it online at that price. I'm not going to be able to get to WM until Friday at the earliest, and I'm sure by then, they'll be gone.

I just noticed that set in the ad...thinking that looks like a good deal, and boom, it pops up here. Definitely a good price! Time to start some Christmas shopping : )

Got one today. Went to the shelf and it said $89.97 without the sale tag for $39.97. Went back to get sale flyer and it did state the $39.97 sale price. Took to self checkout and scanned and it came up $39.97. There were only three sets on the shelf. X-mas shopping off to a great start!:thumbsup2

I went to my local Walmart, and they didn't have any on the shelf. Decided to try out Toys R Us's price match, so I took the ad with me to Toys R Us. However, even with the ad, Toys R Us would NOT price match it. They said their price match from Walmart excluded the Lego Mine Set because it was a typo in the Walmart ad. I'm not sure what to believe, if they just didn't want to sell it that cheap (they have it listed at $109, $20 more than everywhere else), or if it really was a typo in the Walmart ad. Either way, I'm annoyed as our Toys R Us is quite the drive, and I drove out there for nothing. I'd be curious to hear if others are able to get it for the $39 price at Walmart.

Our Walmart was sold out, so I grabbed a copy of the ad and ran across the street to Target. They had several on the shelf and price matched the ad without a problem. Yay!

Alright, I've got a Target 2 miles away, I'll try this price matching thing again.

*eta - I priced matched it at Target with no problem. Just makes me more angry with Toys R Us that they wouldn't price match it. I think they lied too, if it was a typo in their ad, like Toys R Us told me, I am sure Walmart would have taken care if it already, but it appears people are still buying it from Walmart at that price. I will never shop at Toys R Us again.

Thanks to the OP! :cool1:

I saw this post and called my DD who was already at Walmart. She went to the toy section and grabbed the last one. There will be a VERY happy boy in that house come Christmas morning!:santa:

Sal

Thank you OP! DS#2 had asked for this set but I told him no because of the price. I was able to send DH to get one (had to go to Target, but they price matched without a problem!) tonight.

thank you OP. Bought this the other week at Target for 69.99 and thought that was a good price. Took the ad in to Target and price matched Walmart tonight and will return the original purchase.

Alright, I've got a Target 2 miles away, I'll try this price matching thing again.

*eta - I priced matched it at Target with no problem. Just makes me more angry with Toys R Us that they wouldn't price match it. I think they lied too, if it was a typo in their ad, like Toys R Us told me, I am sure Walmart would have taken care if it already, but it appears people are still buying it from Walmart at that price. I will never shop at Toys R Us again.

It absolutely is a typo. The wrong set picture was placed; there was another typo in the ad right next to it showing a $13 LEGO set for $30.

However, Wal Mart is honoring its typo n

Well I'm pleasantly surprised that Walmart continues to honor their price, even though there was a mistake. And furthermore, am pleased that Target continues to follow their own price matching policies. Typo or not, Walmart is selling the Lego for $39.97, and Toys R Us has not followed their own price matching policy by refusing to price match what Walmart is selling the item for. Now, if Walmart pulled the item from the shelves and refused to sell the Lego, I could maybe see grounds for Toys R Us to not price match. However, it appears that is not the case.

I saw the lego first thing this morning but decided not to try it knowing it was a typo (because of the lego next to it). I am glad Walmart is honoring it and even more awesome Target matched it! I can't stand TRU as it is.

Thanks for the heads up! I checked stock at Walmart.com and it showed "limited availability" at my store. I immediately went there and there were none of those sets out and there was no place for it on the shelf. A manager looked it up for me using the UPC code off the Walmart website, said they were all in back and went to get one for me. He even asked how many I wanted since they had five according to his inventory checker. It took him a while to find it, but he cheerfully handed it to me while chatting about how many pieces and how much neat stuff it had. It scanned at $39.97:thumbsup2

My DD5 will be excited. She wanted this when she saw the display at Target, but it was too expensive at $90. For $40, under the tree it goes (or maybe saved for her 6th birthday in Feb). Either way, she'll be very pleased to get it:cool1: Thanks OP!

thanks ! I'll check out mine while shopping today.

Just picked one up at Target, no problem on the price match! :cool1:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Just picked one up today at target and got the price match with no problem.:dance3:

May have to go get another one for my newphew.

What a great deal.:cool1::thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter