• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lego book suggestions?

kellia

DIS Veteran
There is just too much Lego stuff out there! :eek: Can anyone recommend a good book for 7-8 year olds to make new things out of Legos? Or any other cool Lego books that your kids like? I've got a couple sets for my sons for Christmas and wanted something to go with them that won't be scattered all over the floor!

Last year, as a 9 year old, my DS received the Lego Star Wars Visual Dictionary. He LOVED it! It isn't really a book to give instructions on how to build other models, but more of a reference book about all of the SW sets ever produced. My DS has spent hours flipping through it.

Lego Brickmaster books come with pieces and instructions for making different things. I got ds a Star Wars one and there is a Castle and a Pirates one too.

I got my 8 year old the Star Wars Visual Dictionary last year which he LOVES!! This year I got him a set that comes with 2 books..one is the history of Legos and the other is the history of minifigures! Both are very colorful and fun! I like looking at them.:) This one: The LEGO Book [Hardcover]
Daniel Lipkowitz

Just FYI- we checked the Lego star wars book out at our local library. They had several Lego books. Worth a try!

Thanks! I just requested some books from the library and didn't know you could download instructions! :thumbsup2 Guess I'll see how much they like the ones from the library first. I know they just read their Lego magazines over and over and over again!

My son has "The Lego Book" and one about minifigs...he got them last Christmas, and has read them every.single.day since then. They are not info on building, but on Lego history. He has learned SO much since then - he can pick out what city it is based on the skyline now:) We could not understand his fascination about the books, but my sis pointed out it is like having a whole catalog about your favorite thing.

TRU has them all 25% off right now.

just got DS8 a mini figure book , he has been looking at daily for hours at a time. Think I will get DS a brickmaster book for xmas . He is also getting a few of the Harry potter sets.

Only way I found to keep those little buggers off the floor was to turn DS's thomas the tank engine table into a lego table.

We bought white board and covered one side with the 10x10 green plates. Best thing we have ever done.

We are goint to an event to meet the author and get Cool Robots by Sean Kenney.

We have the other book of his (cars and trucks one) And the boys love it.

But I have to agree that the Minifigures book is the one that gets looked at the most!

Hi! My son is 5 and LOVES Legos as well. I found a website a few months ago that has thousands of set cataloged.

It is www.peeron.com.

You can look up sets by name/number/piece etc.

We bought a huge bucket of OLD legos with some torn instructions inside it this summer at a garage sale. With lots of research, I found this website and figured out that this bucket had dozens of sets from the early '80s in it. I was able to search some of the special pieces and up popped all the sets that piece went to--I was able to look at the instructions and piece list then figure out what the set was. We downloaded the directions and list and my son had a absolute blast finding all the pieces and builing them! And, we still have tons of pieces left! He keeps asking me to find more sets to build.

Also, you can also apparently catatog all your pieces and it will help you match to sets somehow. I have not done this but a friend has so I do not know how that part of it works. I have not been patient enough to count and input all our pieces....UGH!

I love the ideas of the books. I had not thought of that. Star Wars is the bomb so I will look into that book too!

And, thank you to those of you who included links! I look forward to hearing other ideas, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter