• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leggings that are not see through?

Small Town Princess

Mouseketeer
Any recommendations for leggings that are not see through? I have tried many pairs that sales people tell me are not, but I try them on and can see right through them. I have tried on larger sizes too but they bag in the knees and look awful.

Check Nordstrom. Zella leggings are unbelievably popular. I haven't tried them yet but they are on my to buy list (behind a gazillion things for the kids). They also have Hue blackout leggings. My last pair were from loft. They were really cheap and lasted several years and weren't see through.

I consider myself to be pretty fashionable and, believe it or not, I have found Walgreens' fleece-lined leggings to be the best! They are very comfortable and not see-through AT ALL. They often run sales on them like 2/$12 or something like that. They have a comfortable, wide, elastic waistband and no seams, so they most definitely need to be worn with a long sweater, dress, or tunic, so as long as you are not intending to wear them as pants, they would be great.

Try looking for exercise tights, they're designed to be worn as pants. If you find the right ones they look like leggings but they're not see through.

Just get any kind that say they are ponte knit. I got a few pairs from Old Navy, no see through and not tight as tights. Also got a pair of Liz Claiborne that are comfortable and ponte knit. Fit great and no see through.

Thank you all for the recommendations. I bought some really expensive Victoria's Secret Ultimate leggings and was really disappointed when they too were see through. I will give some of these a try.

I think the exercise ones, like for running, that you could purchase at sports stores like Dicks works the best.

Don't buy leggings designed to go under dresses, etc. Those are intended to be worn more like footless tights.

Buy running spandex pants. Try Dicks Sporting Goods. They can run around $70 for a Nike and other popular namebrands.

If you know someone that sells LuLaRoe, their leggings are really nice and soft. I bought some from Old Navy and they are the most uncomfortable fabric.

I recently purchased several pairs of leggings from QVC. Brand is called "women in control" item #A235949. They are not see thru at all. Come in a lot of different colors. I liked them so much I got 5 pairs. They are $26.50 a pair.

I bought some from JCP that are not see through and nice and long too. Stylus ponte pants have a great stretch and heavier weight. I have worn them a few times now. They keep their shape and don't bag at all. Ana leggings are nice too but not as heavyweight.

I'm a big fan of lululemon leggings, but they don't come cheap (though seem to last and look good forever). I also have some under armor ones. If you want a thick fabric, you're probably going to have more luck with athleticwear. The cotton ones I have seen at most stores just are too thin.

I agree about the Walgreen's leggings...not see through at all. I was shocked at he quality.
Also, look for fleece lined if you are in a cooler climate. I've gotten some at TJ Maxx.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter