Legacy tiles at epcot.

pkitty

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me
A couple of years ago we purchased a legacy tile at the main gates of Epcot. Instead of our faces we put our first and last names and the year to comemorate our visit; it didn't cost a lot ,the next year we had a great time looking for our names. Oh what a feeling it is, knowing that in future years my daughter can bring her family down and show her kids our tile, reliving the memory of visiting the most majical place on earth.
So my tip is. get a tile to celabrate your visit.

ITA.

We had a tiles made the first year it was offered. One of DH & myself, the other of DSthen5 & DSthen2. DSthen2 wouldn't stop crying for the picture so we told the photog to just snap it.

He is now 8 & we all (him included) laugh about it every time we visit it but we will never forget that period of time when he was being a typical 2yo. In a way he thinks it is kinda cool because his picture is different than everybody elses.

::MinnieMo

Does anyone know when the end date for the Leave a Legacy monuments is? I know when we bought our tile we were told that it would be around for a long time but wasn't permanent.

I think they're about $50. But it depends what you get. Not more than that though. DH and I got one when we were on our honeymoon in May and we did a photo and a phrase. Our phrase had our names, the date, and then it said Honeymoon Love 4ever and ever (the guy who did it for us added that last part on there :lovestruc ). I had a blast looking for it in Oct when I was with my sister. I can't wait to show my fam when I got with them in January! They are def worth it. When we took out pic, we had our Bride/Groom Mickey ears on and you can see them in the pic on the wall and I just love that and the idea that when I bring my kids they'll see DH and I in Disney on our Honeymoon engraved into Disney History. It's priceless.

We "visited" our tiles again a couple of weeks ago. My parents and sister had not seen theirs before so it was neat to get to show them. We have 3 tiles all next to each other.

Someone here asked when the end date for the tiles are. Well, it must be a long time out because they have added a lot more of the granite monuments and many of them have nothing on them. There are still a lot of empty spots on other monuments, too.

We had our kids done 6 years ago when it first started, this is our first trip back to see them and we are excited. Some friends brought us back an etching last year and now we have to find theirs and bring them an etching as they have not see theirs yet. I think it is a really cool idea. I plan to add my kids again this visit.

The leave a legacy ends in 2020 ( I think )

When we got our packet in the mail last year there was a paper telling us about it. I am pretty sure that it ends in 2020. So my daughter will be 18 then, and get to see all her tiles......

I just love this.... It makes me think that there will be a part of me at Disney everyday for the next 18 years!!! How cool is that :teeth:

Those granite things in Epcot kind of creep me out a bit. Sort of feels like I am walking through a mausoleum with thousands of tiny people interred there. . .

We have a brick over by Poly, which is really not much different, so not sure why I get creeped out. :confused3

it's not $50. maybe it's about $25. we got a free one as part of a WDW package for a 1/2004 stay. i bought another in 1/2005 when i went with a different daughter --and i know i wouldn't have spent $50!

they send you a copy of the image, along with its address. it was fun to look for, and we took a photo of it, too.

-dj

They are not clay tiles but your picture or text is etched on metal panels that are attached to the stones.

DisneyTarheel said:
Those granite things in Epcot kind of creep me out a bit. Sort of feels like I am walking through a mausoleum with thousands of tiny people interred there. . .

We have a brick over by Poly, which is really not much different, so not sure why I get creeped out. :confused3

Have to agree, I didnt like them. I think my problem is more the placement and design than the weird looking pictures. We didnt do it and DD asked why are they cluttering the place up. I had to agree, I think the granite pieces should be else where, maybe circle them around somewhere else around a fountian or something.

When we did one in August 03, annual passholders got a buy 1, get 1 free deal, so we got 2 tiles for 25.00. We did the kids' pic on one, and then a tile that said they loved their aunt. We gave it to her for a gift; she LOVED it. She's a Disney freak with no kids, so it was a great way to immortalize her! Not sure if the AP deal is still around, though.

We had our kids put on a tile in 2004 and DH and I can't wait to see the tile when we return in 2 and 1/2 weeks for our Anniversary getaway!! :flower:

pkitty said:
A couple of years ago we purchased a legacy tile at the main gates of Epcot. Instead of our faces we put our first and last names and the year to comemorate our visit; it didn't cost a lot ,the next year we had a great time looking for our names. Oh what a feeling it is, knowing that in future years my daughter can bring her family down and show her kids our tile, reliving the memory of visiting the most majical place on earth.
So my tip is. get a tile to celabrate your visit.

My sis in law does a tile for her son on each trip. They can see how he has grown through the years.

We plan on doing the same with our newbie.

According to Passsporter, one face is $33 and two is $38.

We did one on our honeymoon in 2004, we had our wedding ears on and everything, we're really looking forward to finding it. We're going back with our DD (19 months) and both sets of our parents. We'll probably get our DD her own tile this year to go along with ours.

I've just got to find that little folder with the proof and location of it to put in my pocket PC with everything else. :)

We did this lat week while we were at Epcot. We were able to get 2 of them for $45.00. The first one is $25.00 and the 2nd one is $20.00. On one we had a picture of our 2 DDs and on the 2nd we had our last name put at the top and then the date on the next line (which just happened to be Jan 4th which was our 9th wedding anniv) and the on the rest of the lines we put each of our names. The info that we got was that they would be there for at least the next 20 years so I guess we will have to wait and see. They are also supposed to send us a certficate with a copy of the tile and the address of where it is located on the monument. They said it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get the paperwork.

The "Leave a Legacy" tiles are a wonderful addition to the Epcot Park.
We did a picture of our daughter ($25.00) which included her picture, a commemorative picture sent in the mail about six weeks later as well as the
location marking for the tile.

We are looking forward to returning next Summer to find her "legacy."
Where else but Disney could you do something like this that will last for eternity.

The CM at "Leave a Legacy" told us that Disney execs had thought of moving the monuments from their present location and moving them into a different area because some felt the monuments were a distraction from the entrance to Epcot. Either way, we were assured that the monuments would be on Disney World property for eternity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter