Leftover Easter Ham

The bone is simmering away right now in a crockpot full of great northern beans for dinner tonight. Mmm mmm good!:lovestruc

Also doing ham sandwiches for the week & pork fried rice one night. Any left over after that will go in the freezer.

I love ham. Don't know why I don't make them more often. :thumbsup2

Interesting...do you grind the ham to make it more of a spread consistency?

Yes, exactly. Mom has one of those grinders that clamps onto the kitchen table and you crank the handle. I'm afraid to use it :rotfl2: so she always makes it for me.

I'm working today so dh will have it as a leftover as is.

Anything left will be used as follows:

chicken cordon bleu
hawaiian pizza for dh(canned pineapples were bogo last week!)
omeletes

Since I took the rest of the week off to be with the kids on their spring break- dh said that he is looking forward to coming home from work and not doing their homework and having a hot meal. He may have a rude awakening a few times this week as his 'hot meal' may have to be reheated since I will be out with the kids!

Yes, exactly. Mom has one of those grinders that clamps onto the kitchen table and you crank the handle. I'm afraid to use it :rotfl2: so she always makes it for me.

Every year my grandmother would pull out her grinder that clamped to the table and make what my dad called "ham pucks" (note- this where he would roll his eyes) :rotfl:

My mom often makes ham salad sandwiches (that is what we call them) by grinding up ham with a hand crank grinder.

Maggie

Current phase :( - dieting - we trim the fat, boil it to remove extra fat and salt; then refrigerate...

good for ham and eggs, Denver omelets, fried rice, ham/tortillas and eggs or sprinkled on our salads

I have ham coming out of my ears! I love reading what everyone does with theirs. Its just me and my boyfriend and I made a ginormous ham yesterday. It was delicious, but now it looks like we will be eating ham for the next month! I laughed after we were stuffed full and I went back in the kitchen and the ham looks like it wasn't even touched.

I wish I could do ham salad :(. My Dad made it for us growing up (with the hand crank!) as we always got free hams around Christmas from my Mom's work. I got sick one year (not from the ham salad I don't think, there was a bug going around) and now I can't tolerate the taste of it.

I plan to make ham, cheese, and broccoli quiche. Kids will be taking ham sandwiches in their lunches. I might freeze the rest.

If we have leftovers, we usually eat them the next day. Sometimes, if we have a lot, I cut it up and freeze it and make a casserole with it later.

The bone is simmering away right now in a crockpot full of great northern beans for dinner tonight. Mmm mmm good!:lovestruc

Also doing ham sandwiches for the week & pork fried rice one night. Any left over after that will go in the freezer.

I love ham. Don't know why I don't make them more often. :thumbsup2

Would you mind sharing how you do the fried rice? That sounds delicious!!! Also, stupid question but does the bone just flavor the northern beans??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter