LeCellier

Tori0681

Can't wait to celebrate Christmas with Mickey!
We will be in EPCOT on 11/30 and so far I have had no luck at all in getting a ressie for LeCellier. :sad1: I know that I have read that they are holding reservation times for CP. I check multiple times every day to see if someone has just happened to have cancelled. My question is, has anyone ever had any luck getting in by just walking up when they open at 11:00 to see if there have been any cancellations for the day? I will continue to check the online reservations everyday, but I just wanted to know what our chances were of just being able to walk in the day we are in the park.

Back in May the people ahead of use were able to get a walk up ressie for 2 people. That was around 11:30, you never know until you try. Good Luck!

I saw the same thing in June. Our reservation was for 11:40 and 2 people came in while we were sitting there without a res. and they got in.

My family and I are going in December at Christmas time and the entire week is already booked for lunch and dinner. It must be really good.

last april we were able to walk up and get in for our family of 4. i think it was about 11:30am. i however think this is a very over-rated resteraunt.

We have tried in the past to get walk up reservations... with no luck.

We finally went last November... our meal was the most disappointing ever. Konas steak was 100 x better and much better service.

One morning this week I checked for the week we are going in December and everyday at 5:55 was available. They must have decided to release that time for some reason. Check first thing in the mornings. Don't know about LeCellier but 2 different times we have walked-up to CRT and got in at lunch. Only 2 of us though.

i however think this is a very over-rated resteraunt.

Overrated.jpg

Yay, you're a winner!

When we were @ Le Cellier in 08 @ 11:30 we had an adr but saw some people walk up and get in and some walked up and did not get in. I guess it depends on your party size and what they have available. I do think this restaurant is a bit overrated.

Two of us tried to get in for lunch or dinner in Feb. and were unsuccessful. We love LeCellier; I don't understand the negatives. :confused3 I have not had better food on Disney property????

Two of us tried to get in for lunch or dinner in Feb. and were unsuccessful. We love LeCellier; I don't understand the negatives. :confused3 I have not had better food on Disney property????

Trust me, whenever anyone expresses a) the desire to eat there, or b) an inkling of praise, the People's Front of Overrated come out of the woodwork.

But I'm here to fight the overrated. 'Cuz I hate that word. Loathe it. Despise it. I find the word overrated overused and... overrated. :surfweb:

Unfortunately, I never had any luck with walk-ups :( Your best bet is to just keep calling & calling, and checking online as well.

There is no reason for you to be rude billy, personally I love,
LeCellier and try to eat there every time I go to wdw. Different people like different things.
It doesn't hurt to try a walk up. It just really depends on the time, season and party size.

I love LeCellier. If you really want to try it, keep hoping for a cancellation and keep trying. I've never seen a walk-in get seated but I hear it happens!

Well, I guess everyone has their own opinions...everyone has different tastes. :confused3 This was my husband's favorite restaurant when we were there for our honeymoon last May and it was his one request for this trip. I've eaten there twice and thought it was very good both times. Guess I'll just keep checking every day for cancellations and hope for a little pixiedust! pixiedust:

IDK about walking in but I do know to keep trying. We booked our trip for 9/18-25 on 7/30. I was sure there was no way that we were going to get any ADRs for the places I wanted BUT...around the time when the trip balances were due, there were lots of spots that opened up. IDK if they were spots that were held back by Disney or if they were true cancellations but I was able to get breakfast at Chef Mickey's AND dinner at LeCellier at that time. Don't give up! ;)

Just got back from a week in Disney with my girlfriend. I've only been to WDW a few times in my life, and was curious to try Le Cellier due to the reviews I've seen.

During the week, we ate at:

- Chefs de France
- Paradiso 37 (Disney Downtown)
- Hollywood Brown Debry
- Le Cellier

Le Cellier was easily the best meal I had at Disney World - I had the cheddar cheese soup (with canadian bacon and canadian beer in it and pretzel bread to dip in it), and the filet with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle-herb butter sauce. I thought it was fantastic, and we had great friendly service.

For those that hate it, I have to wonder what you're comparing it to. Are you going to Disney World expecting to be whisked away to the finest five star restaurants the United States has to offer? Lets be honest, the majority of the food options at Disney World are average to above average at best. I was not blown away by a place like Chefs de France in the least, but this place easily stood out as having the best meal I'd eaten during the trip.

I've heard that the California Grill is quite nice, but have not had the chance to try it.

Le Cellier was easily the best meal I had at Disney World -

For those that hate it, I have to wonder what you're comparing it to.

I seldom see anyone say they actually hate Le Cellier.

I ate there after trying on two previous trips to score an ADR. The only thing available during our entire 10 night stay/11 day was 9:30 at night. We took it because this was the one place we wanted to eat above all others. We had read the glowing reviews and we had tried before to get in without success.

I didn't hate it. I just wasn't all that impressed. It was just ok. Maybe it was the lateness of the hour-we don't usually eat dinner at 9:30. Or the fact that it was obvious the staff wanted us to hurry up and eat so they could go home. Or the fact that the restaurant was nearly empty and yet they sat another party (two tops) practically on our laps. Or just the fact that the food, while good, was not outstanding or memorable. Or a combination of all of the above.

Comparing restaurants, I'd give Jiko a 10+, Narcoossee a 9, and Le Cellier a 4.

Lots of suppertimes just opened up for LeCellier the first week in December...maybe they have the date you need now. Good luck!!

We have eaten at Le Cellier three times, 1st time - great, 2nd time, ok, 3rd time, ok. I enjoy their food but our local steak houses are just as good if not better. :confused3 As has been previously said, the food and service is ok but not that impressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter