Leaving Windsor Hills early in the a.m....boohoo!!!

kerry34

DIS Veteran
Okay, I am sooo bummed. We have rented a pool home here since last Sat. (4/14) and its time to leave. Our first time renting and I am wondering why we never did it sooner. The house we rented was a 6 bedroom 4 bath on a corner lot. It was so nice coming home after a long day in the parks and having so much space for everyone to do their own thing. Each evening after we got back the kids threw on their suits and jumped into the pool to swim. The adults were able to unwind in the hottub also. It was nice not having to be on top of each other, or to have to sit on a patio and wait for the kids to fall asleep like we have done in a regular hotel room. It was also much cheaper to be able to make meals in as well. We made burgers and mac salad, tossed salad corn on the cob, pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken, and each time had left overs for lunch the next day. We did not spend tons of money on food like if we would have had to eat out everyday. We are planning on renting in Windsor Hills again for our trip next april. I am not sure I will ever want to stay in a regular hotel room again after this, especially with my large family. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I may not be online until Sunday night after this, but will answer them as soon as I can. Leaving here early in the morning so its off to bed for me now.

Okay, I am sooo bummed. We have rented a pool home here since last Sat. (4/14) and its time to leave. Our first time renting and I am wondering why we never did it sooner. The house we rented was a 6 bedroom 4 bath on a corner lot. It was so nice coming home after a long day in the parks and having so much space for everyone to do their own thing. Each evening after we got back the kids threw on their suits and jumped into the pool to swim. The adults were able to unwind in the hottub also. It was nice not having to be on top of each other, or to have to sit on a patio and wait for the kids to fall asleep like we have done in a regular hotel room. It was also much cheaper to be able to make meals in as well. We made burgers and mac salad, tossed salad corn on the cob, pasta, grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken, and each time had left overs for lunch the next day. We did not spend tons of money on food like if we would have had to eat out everyday. We are planning on renting in Windsor Hills again for our trip next april. I am not sure I will ever want to stay in a regular hotel room again after this, especially with my large family. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I may not be online until Sunday night after this, but will answer them as soon as I can. Leaving here early in the morning so its off to bed for me now.

Welcome to the dark side!!

You know, you post really reminds me of the difference between onsite and off. Onsite is very exciting, but by the end we are exhausted, feeling like "I need to get home, sleep in my bed, eat real food, and get a break from my children." But offsite, in a villa, we are like, "I wish I lived here and never had to go home!"

Hope your trip home was ok.

Did I miss it or have you posted the home name somewhere? It really helps folks to know which are the great places to stay!!

You know, you post really reminds me of the difference between onsite and off. Onsite is very exciting, but by the end we are exhausted, feeling like "I need to get home, sleep in my bed, eat real food, and get a break from my children." But offsite, in a villa, we are like, "I wish I lived here and never had to go home!"

I'll second that. This is our first detached home vacation rental(4bdr/4bth at WH in June - 40 more days!) and our fourth family trip staying at either townhomes, condo, suite, etc. Unless you can spring for a WDW townhouse, I don't think you beat having a "home" to relax in and spread out at the end of the day. Throw in little things like spaces people can "escape" to, a private pool and spa, pillow top mattresses, game room, kitchen, and it makes for a very enjoyable time for all. And with three teens going with us on this trip, those four bathrooms will be worth their weight in gold!

1300/wk (taxes incl) during June at http://www.vrbo.com/122340 We looked at several others but this was done on short notice - we didn't book anything for our June trip until earlier this month(work vacation procedures)

For comparison we could have stayed on-site at value resort such as All-Star with two rooms for about the same money. With essentially 5 adults on this trip(our youngest is 15) we opted for the 4 bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and so many other conveniences over being in two small motel rooms. We stayed on site before, at the Poly, but I just don't see the value in WDW accomodations compared to a villa or townhouse at the same price or less than a single room at a WDW moderate or deluxe.

Offsite condos at WH seem to go from 600 to 1000, townhomes from 700 to 1200, houses 1100 and up (1600 to 1800 seems to be pretty typical in season for a 5 or 6 bdr)

Rates vary by season. Resorts other than WH may be less expensive, although townhouses or pool villas in resorts such as Ginn are even more.

Hope your trip home was ok.

Did I miss it or have you posted the home name somewhere? It really helps folks to know which are the great places to stay!!

Well we are all settled back in and the trip home was fine, except that nobody wanted to leave. Also it stinks that my own bed is not nearly as comfortable as the one in the house we rented. The place we rented did not have a name to it. I found it at vrbo.com. Property 81775. The house itself was very clean upon arrival and nicely furnished. The kitchen was not as well stocked as I would have hoped though. We could not find any caserole dishes to bake in, which I found odd. One nice thing about this house was that in the back yard there was a retaining wall so you could not see your neighbors behind you at all, only the tops of the houses which gave more privacy. We also had a view of the MK fireworks from the pool/spa. Even though they were a bit of a distance away the kids thought that was really great. I would rent this house again next year if we end up having the same number of people going with us, otherwise I may look into a 4-5 bedroom.

4eyedbuzzard,

We are staying at the same house in June. What are your dates? We are the 6/16-23. If you are before us, we would LOVE to have a review. I know they have just recently started renting their home, so I haven't been able to read any reviews yet. They seem great, though, and their management company has been very responsive so far.

4eyedbuzzard,

We are staying at the same house in June. What are your dates? We are the 6/16-23. If you are before us, we would LOVE to have a review. I know they have just recently started renting their home, so I haven't been able to read any reviews yet. They seem great, though, and their management company has been very responsive so far.

We are there the week before you, June 6 thru 13, and were grateful that they would book a Wed to Wed rental - our vacation scheduling was a nightmare with our jobs.:surfweb: It does seem like a well appointed home - not just furnished/appointed for rental pupose. From what I can figure from the pics and write-ups this was/is their vacation home as well, and the owners and MC seem very nice. I'll definitely post a review on this board while we're there, so keep an eye out the week before you leave. The ONLY disappointment is that the hot tub will not be installed/ready for our visit.:sad1: J wrote us that they are installing one but that it would be later in the year(?) We'll just have to survive with blender drinks in the pool and sleeping on pillow top beds,:goodvibes and use the resort spa pool if needed. We'll soak in the hot tub NEXT year if we like it and go back!

Our three teens, DD19, DS16, DD15 are with us (DS21 is staying home, at work and house/pet sitting - no interest) and are psyched to have their own bedrooms - and baths! :thumbsup2 We're kind of psyched about that too - especially the part about our DD's having their own bathrooms. Amazingly, DD15, our resident MCR fanatic who likes wearing unusual(somewhat punk) clothes took one look at the princess room and said, "that's mine." :confused3 Go figure. Maybe she'll revert back to being daddy's little girl after a week in a pink princess room. :rolleyes: Nah - even WDW doesn't have that much magic.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter