Leaving tomorrow - Latch system in Alamo or Dollar minivans??

HeatherT

Earning My Ears
We have a reservation for a mini-van at both Dollar and Alamo at TPA. Dollar is $40 more but is in the terminal - Alamo you need a shuttle. Does anyone know if their minivans have the new latch system for carseats? This may actually help me make a decision - I can't seem to make up my mind if lugging all our stuff on the shuttle is worth saving $40 :crazy:

Thanks!
Heather

I would imagine they have the standard latch systems that are supposed to be in the vehicles.
The ride to Alamo in Tampa is VERY short, not more than 5 min. It is actually at the end of the runway. :)

you can always call and ask what they have for minivans then go online and see what the car manufacturers include as standard.

Most if not all new vehicles have the LATCH system as standard. I think the Gov't made it a mandatory requirement. Alamo tends to rent GM products, but that doesn't mean that they always do. I can tell you for sure that GM has had the LATCH system in their minivans since at least the 2002 model year. Last January we rented a 2002 or 2003 Dodge Intrepid and that had the LATCH system as well. If the Intrepid had it, I am almost 100% certain that Chrysler's minivans have it as well since they are their 'family' cars. I believe the Windstar has had the LATCH system for a few years as well. When in doubt call the the rental agency as Gail has suggested and ask them to confirm.

Vehicles manufactured in 2002 and later are required to be equipped with the LATCH system. However, be aware that the car just needs to have one seat equipped. For instance, our Chrysler Town and Country is not equipped with LATCH in the back seat, just the middle one. Most car rental companies have vehicles that are a year or less old. But, yeah, I would call and ask to be sure.

Just out of curiosity, why do you care? At the very least the seat belts will lock and that is just as easy IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter