Leaving tomorrow for Hershey

Kitts21

DIS Veteran
Well we are leaving tomorrow for a three-day stay at Hershey Park, and I'm on the DIS :blush: . I don't know if I can spend 3 days away from the DIS :goodvibes or at least my DW dosen't think I can :teeth: . She has been teasing me all day about it :teeth: . I guess I will manage, the smell of CHOCOLATE will have to hold me over until I get home :thumbsup2. See everyone when we get back, and for those leaving in the next 3 days and those currently at the WORLD have a great time. :cool1:

You've got to see the new Great American Tour ride at Chocolate World. Its on par with Disney attractions. They really changed the ride quite a bit.

Sure, it may not be Disney, but the Hershey area is still beautiful!! Make sure to take some time sight-seeing outside the park. I grew up hitting Hershey and PA Dutch country almost every year.

Brocktoon said:
Sure, it may not be Disney, but the Hershey area is still beautiful!! Make sure to take some time sight-seeing outside the park. I grew up hitting Hershey and PA Dutch country almost every year.
We went there when the kids were little. Great place.

We're leaving for there on Wednesday! Actually we're staying in the Gettysburg area, but plan on taking a day trip to Hershey! :tinker:
Enjoy!

It's a great place to visit! As a previous poster stated, be sure to take in Gettysburg while there. Walking the grounds leaves you in awe...

Hershey Park is very nice..not Disney but nice just the same..
Have fun!

There are some great rides at Hershey. At Chocolate World, there is the tour ride that the previous poster mentioned - and you get a free sample at the end. There is also a cute little 3D show, that you have to pay extra for, but it's only a few dollars a ticket. It's worth seeing once, and at the end you get candy.

WARNING - There is a store there full of what else? Chocolate. Well there's twizzlers and other Hershey products to. So be pre-warned. That was always my weakness.

In Hershey Park itself, there are a lot of good rides. My favorites are Great Bear and The Claw.

Outside the park there is the Hershey shopping outlets, which is, not a mall, but there are plenty of shops down there anyway. My favorite shop is the scrapbook store, Times to Remember.

Are you eating out? Where are you staying? There's a Red Robin next to the shopping outlets, which is good for burgers, and a non-fancy meal. There's also two little coffee shops I like, Cocoa Beanery, and I can't remember the name of the other one, I think it's something like Bread and ???

For a extravagent meal, there's the Circular Dining Room at the Hotel Hershey, and there's also a spa there with chocolate baths / wraps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter