Leaving tomorrow for first DCL cruise - Nervous!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by southlake, May 16, 2013.

1. southlake

southlake Mouseketeer

Hi everyone,

Well the time has finally come. We are leaving tomorrow for our first DCL cruise. I've cruised before but it's been 8 yrs since my last cruise, and DH & DD have never been on a cruise. For some reason I now feel really nervous! Is this normal?!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Just make sure all your travel docs are ready and in the purse/bag/car. If you are driving to PC, make sure you have change for the tolls. Everyone gets nervous until you are checked in and on board and then the nerves melt away!!!

Excitement and nerves go hand in hand. I'm really happy for your family and wish you bon voyage!

4. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

Maybe, it's the excitement? No worries, be happy and have a magical cruise!

5. DeniseMarie526

DeniseMarie526 Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixi

How exciting for you! Bob Voyage, have a wonderful time. I haven't cruises yet but I can't, wait for those nerves!

6. southlake

southlake Mouseketeer

Thank you! You just reminded me to print directions from the airport to our hotel near Disney World. It looks like there are 3 toll roads (?) in the 17 mi drive?? Crazy!

And yes I think I'll settle down once we're actually ON the ship!

7. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

8. LoveMickey

LoveMickey <font color=red>Can't wait to feel the "wonder" of

Enjoy the Fantasy. Remember you will not be able to do everything, so go with the flow.

:)

9. tchrrx

tchrrx <font color=red>Blame it on the plastic cow I ment

I get nervous before every vacation. I get especially nervous before cruises b/c I realize that I'm going to be cut off from communication with the 'real world' for a week. However, I know that if there's a true emergency, I can be reached on the ship. Also, I think that being cut off is what makes a cruise so relaxing, so I don't worry about it once I'm onboard & we're out at sea.

10. reevesinga

reevesinga Mouseketeer

We have been on 7 cruises and I still do the same. I am always nervous until we are checked in and on the boat! Make sure you have any meds that your family may need, your travel documents and go from there!! Happy Sailing!

11. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

Let us know how the cruise was:) This is so exciting:) tchrrx, leaving all the "communication" behind is the best part for me:) Southlake, have a wonderful cruise:)

12. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Edit, it looks like you are flying then. How are you getting to port? There are tolls to PC as well, so plan for that!

13. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

Totally normal. I am always nervous from a day or so before (making sure I packed everything and all arrangements are made) until they announce our names on the ship. Well, actually I start relaxing right after completing check-in, but true relaxation starts when I am on board :thumbsup2

14. MikeAndNick

MikeAndNick If you can dream it, you can do it.

Just remember the ONLY things you MUST have is your Passports or Birith Certificates and your DH and DD. Everything else you can do without if you have to.