Leaving the Grump at Home, Beach Club here I Come!, Link to TR 10/1 Post 198

Sounds like a great last day (other than the fact that it IS your last day)! The ESPN Club is always fun and hanging around the Boardwalk is a great idea! Maybe you'll be able to catch some of the performers. :thumbsup2

Just found your PTR and looking forward to catching up.

Ahhh Beach Club.... It's my dream to stay here!

Can't wait to read...

Hi and :welcome: Thanks for joining in!

I'm so excited for the Beach Club I can't hardly stand it!

I love all your updates! I finally loaded all the photos off my camera... Can you believe it was all of last year?! Gasp! I have to organize them! So I might have to finally try to get my TR going... Never mind that I have so many other things I should be doing!! And yes, I think we ought to plan for next fall! We will have to look into that for sure. I am trying to get in a four night trip in Dec... When I go for training... We are already spending a full day in Orlando after the cruise, but probably just DTD... Maybe water park we'll see. Our flight home was pushed back several hours so this gives us a day... Which I'm happy for!

You leave in a few days!!! How fun!! I liked that button pattern, FYI... I like my wristlets, as you know! But I could see you with that button bag or the bow bag!

In December I'd shoot for DTD instead of a water park! But who knows, you might get a nice warm day and the water park would be good. And of course, you northern folks are used to the cold so it probably wouldn't be as bad for you :rolleyes:

I know you like the wristlets, and I thought I would, but it has just never grown on me. I'm totally leaning towards the button bag....

I'm going to try and start posting some pics from our trip today, feel free to throw yours in too and offer a little commentary as well!

Sounds like a great last day (other than the fact that it IS your last day)! The ESPN Club is always fun and hanging around the Boardwalk is a great idea! Maybe you'll be able to catch some of the performers. :thumbsup2

That's what I thought too, I bet Jared would get a kick out the Boardwalk performers!

I haven't been to the ESPN Club since 2000 and the kids have never gone!

Michelle, it would be neat to see the doctors at work in the Conservation Station. That's a fun place that sometimes gets overlooked I think.

Just because of you, I am going to get a jalapeno cheese pretzel on our October trip. Can you remind me where to find them?

We also have a Cape May Cafe reservation. I read very good things about it! :thumbsup2 Great plan!

Love your last day plans, Michelle. I really love Animal Kingdom and want to get all of that done when we are there next month too (especially the cocktail ;)). I'll have to Dinosaur myself as Mark won't ride it after his neck surgery.

We've never been to ESPN Club...I'll be interested in hearing what you thought of it.

Gotta love those disposable ponchos (Mark sells to dollar stores and we get the two pack for $1 every year for our trip).

I would think first thing is a great idea and seeing the vets would be really neat. We were a bit dissapointed when we went but it was miserably hot, not much vet action and the train took forever to get there, then there was a medical emergency and we got stuck out there for quite a while until the train started running again. On a low crowd day, early, I think it would be a vastly different experience!

The rest of the day and evenign look great, nice and low key with lots of flexibility. Cape May on the last morning is a great way to end your trip!

Michelle, it would be neat to see the doctors at work in the Conservation Station. That's a fun place that sometimes gets overlooked I think.

Just because of you, I am going to get a jalapeno cheese pretzel on our October trip. Can you remind me where to find them?

We also have a Cape May Cafe reservation. I read very good things about it! :thumbsup2 Great plan!

I think Jared is old enough now that he would appreciate seeing the vets at work too, the more I think about that idea the more I like it!

I've gotten the pretzels at two different carts, one was in Africa back close to the safari and another one was in Asia over by Kali.

Love your last day plans, Michelle. I really love Animal Kingdom and want to get all of that done when we are there next month too (especially the cocktail ;)). I'll have to Dinosaur myself as Mark won't ride it after his neck surgery.

We've never been to ESPN Club...I'll be interested in hearing what you thought of it.

Gotta love those disposable ponchos (Mark sells to dollar stores and we get the two pack for $1 every year for our trip).

They have several good cocktails at the Dawa Bar! It's a great place to cool off and if you time it right you can catch the drummers at the same time :thumbsup2

I've been to the ESPN Club once, but it was 12 years ago, I'm sure it's changed a bit since then!

I would think first thing is a great idea and seeing the vets would be really neat. We were a bit dissapointed when we went but it was miserably hot, not much vet action and the train took forever to get there, then there was a medical emergency and we got stuck out there for quite a while until the train started running again. On a low crowd day, early, I think it would be a vastly different experience!

The rest of the day and evenign look great, nice and low key with lots of flexibility. Cape May on the last morning is a great way to end your trip!

We very rarely go out to the Conservation Station, if it's really hot that train ride can be brutal! But, I'm thinking like you, early during the 'off' season could be nice

I really tried to build more down/flex time into this trip, we will see how I do once we get there though, lol!

Michelle - 4 days! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

3 now!!! :cool1:

I really wanted to try and post some F&W pics from last year before I left, but from the looks of my 'to do' list, it's not gonna happen...........

3 days!
:yay::yay::yay:

What, you can't find time to post F&W pictures? Like you have anything better to do? I'm shocked, just shocked!!! :rolleyes2

Are you packed yet?

Where is the Dawa Bar located at AK? ETA: (never mind, I see it on the map!) Oh that jalapeno pretzel is calling my name! I think it would go well with the Lost on Safari, don't you?
I wonder if you can ask a CM if the vets are doing any procedures before making the trek out to conservation station?

2 days :cool1::cool1:

Hope you getting all packed and safe travels. :wizard:

Knowing you will have a magical time.

Oh I am sure you are super excited!!! I am excited for you! Looking forward to all the fun you have, keep us posted! I hope to start my TR this weekend, so you'll have something to read when you get home!!! :laughing:

Have a fabulous time!!!

Shrimp Tacos... Shrimp Tacos...

3 days!
:yay::yay::yay:

What, you can't find time to post F&W pictures? Like you have anything better to do? I'm shocked, just shocked!!! :rolleyes2

Are you packed yet?

Where is the Dawa Bar located at AK? ETA: (never mind, I see it on the map!) Oh that jalapeno pretzel is calling my name! I think it would go well with the Lost on Safari, don't you?
I wonder if you can ask a CM if the vets are doing any procedures before making the trek out to conservation station?

Yeah, nothing at all to do over here :laughing:

I found out yesterday afternoon that the basketball booster club (of which I am the treasurer) is running the visitor side concessions at next weeks football game. It's a good fundraiser for us so we don't want to turn it down. BUT, I am the only one who can sign checks right now and I am also the only one on the current board who has set up and run concessions before. So last night I had to meet with the coaches and other board members to give them the run down. Today I have to go by our concession stand in the gym and see what kind of paper stock we have, then I have to go purchase all the stuff for next week and go by the bank and get them some petty cash to start with. Oh, and I have to make menu signs. Yeah, just what I need to add to my to do list! :faint:

I did make some good headway on my packing yesterday though and all the laundry is done, so that's good!

Yes, I have had the pretzel, Lost on Safari combo before - it is good!

Good idea on asking the CMs if they know what is going on at the Conservation Station before we head all the way out there. It would be nice if they would post that at the train stop as well :thumbsup2

:dance3::dance3:

2 days Michelle!!! Are you jumping out of your skin with excitement?! :dance3:

Right now I'm too stressed about this whole concessions thing to be too excited! As soon as I get all this done, I'll feel better

2 days :cool1::cool1:

Hope you getting all packed and safe travels. :wizard:

Knowing you will have a magical time.

Thanks Pat! I'm about 3/4 of the way packed......well, not really packed, I have about 3/4 of my packing list in piles in the bedroom ;)

Got all checked in for my flight this morning :banana:

Oh I am sure you are super excited!!! I am excited for you! Looking forward to all the fun you have, keep us posted! I hope to start my TR this weekend, so you'll have something to read when you get home!!! :laughing:

Have a fabulous time!!!

Shrimp Tacos... Shrimp Tacos...

I'll definitely be posting pictures and updates on FB!

I'm taking my ipad so if the room has decent wifi then your TR can be my nighttime reading :thumbsup2

Mmmmmm, shrimp tacos!

So much to do, so little time! Only two days! get going girl!:thumbsup2

Yes, you are right!! Today is going to be crazy. What makes it worse is that tonight our high school football team plays our crosstown rival. My entire family is going (except me), so I won't have my boys to help with all the crap I have to go buy for the concession stand. I'm hoping Don will have time this morning to sneak away and go with me.......

Two days!!! How are you standing it? :)

One day now!!! :cool1: :faint:

How is Michelle standing it????

How are WE standing it???? :rotfl2:

So excited for you!!!!!!

Thanks Sharon, I'm starting to get excited, just have to get through this to do list today!

Just wanted to wish you safe travels and a magical trip!!!
:yay:

Hope you get all your concessions work done quickly!!!

Michelle, I missed the final days of counting down with you -- all the craziness of a new school year -- but I have been thoroughly enjoying all the pictures you are posting on Facebook. I hope your trip continues to be a blast!

Mmmmmm, shrimp tacos!

This little wish of yours has now come true, according to last night's FB picture. ;)

I have been thoroughly enjoying all the pictures you are posting on Facebook. I hope your trip continues to be a blast!

Loving your FB updates Michelle! :thumbsup2

What they said...
The pictures are making me more than the already 'ready' I am for the October trip! :dance3:

I can so relate to the concession stand stuff. Most people don't think about all of the buying and hauling and stocking of stuff that goes on before they get in line to purchase their burgers and drinks. ;) Every time I see Mr. P (former principal/current athletic director) at my kids' school, he asks me if I am ready to come back and take it over again! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter