• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Leaving the Grump at Home, Beach Club here I Come!, Link to TR 10/1 Post 198

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you have another trip coming up soon to look forward to. I'm not too far behind you!

I'm on board! How nice that you get to take your Disney loving son and mom!! And with a good deal at BC? What could be better? :thumbsup2

I'm here Michelle! I am excited to read about all of your plans. I may not post much but I will be reading!

Your title caught my eye for 2 reasons....

1) My DH DOES NOT share my thrill of Disney either...he said he'd go every 10 years....and is such a grouch whenever we talk about it!

2) We're also staying at Beach Club in 10 days!!!!!!

My youngest is almost 3....so DH is going this trip to help with him....but I figure our next trip....it will be just me and the kids...and I'm A ok with that!!!

Here! :goodvibes

I love the pictures from your cruise...you look great! :)

The Beach Club...very nice! That's definitely on my list of places to stay in the future!!! :thumbsup2

Obviously Jared is your favorite :rotfl2:

How awesome your Mom will be joining you again :thumbsup2

BC will be my choice when I finally go deluxe mostly for the secret entrance and access to F&W (will you be there for it?)

:laughing: I was wondering if anyone was going to call me out on that little comment about Jared being my favorite!

Sadly I'll be missing F&W. I absolutely loved it last year, but the first week of September fit into our schedule better than October.

I'm here!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you have another trip coming up soon to look forward to. I'm not too far behind you!

Hey Mel! You have way too many tickers going on in that siggy, I'm beyond jealous! Are you doing a PTR?

I'm on board! How nice that you get to take your Disney loving son and mom!! And with a good deal at BC? What could be better? :thumbsup2

Hi Sheree!

You know, If I thought about applying that same discount to a moderate, it would have really been a good deal, but we won't think about that....... ;)

I'm here Michelle! I am excited to read about all of your plans. I may not post much but I will be reading!

I'm excited to tell you about them! Thanks for jumping on Stacy!

Your title caught my eye for 2 reasons....

1) My DH DOES NOT share my thrill of Disney either...he said he'd go every 10 years....and is such a grouch whenever we talk about it!

2) We're also staying at Beach Club in 10 days!!!!!!

My youngest is almost 3....so DH is going this trip to help with him....but I figure our next trip....it will be just me and the kids...and I'm A ok with that!!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining in! My DH has said that he will go again when we have grandkids...... :eek: As long as he doesn't stop me from going, then I'm ok with that!

I noticed your PTR link in your siggy, I'll head over and check it out!

Here- Going back to read. :goodvibes

Hi Pat! :wave2: Thanks for coming over!

Here! :goodvibes

I love the pictures from your cruise...you look great! :)

The Beach Club...very nice! That's definitely on my list of places to stay in the future!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Lynne!

Thanks, we had a few nice pictures from the cruise :goodvibes

I'm so excited to mark the BC off my list, I think next I'll set my sights on the Poly :thumbsup2

I'm here! Looking forward to reading your plans. It's good that you can take Jared out of school for a few days for a trip with his mom and grandmother.

Loved the Beach Club when we stayed there back in 2010! I have a feeling you're going to love it too! :)

I woud love to stay at BC, such a lovely resort. My DH finally admits he likes it at Disney, but likes it better when we have children with us!;)

We will be at WDW the day after you leave, we arrive Sept.10! Too bad, it would have been fun to meet!:thumbsup2

I'm here! Looking forward to reading your plans. It's good that you can take Jared out of school for a few days for a trip with his mom and grandmother.

Loved the Beach Club when we stayed there back in 2010! I have a feeling you're going to love it too! :)

I hope Jared's teachers don't get upset with me. It's just for 3 days since they are out for 2 over Labor Day anyway. School will have only been in session for a couple of weeks, I'm sure he won't miss too much.

I remember reading your report when you stayed at the BC! And now you've got me wanting to stay at the Poly :laughing:

I finally got the chance to join your PTR! Now to read & catch up!:happytv:

I woud love to stay at BC, such a lovely resort. My DH finally admits he likes it at Disney, but likes it better when we have children with us!;)

We will be at WDW the day after you leave, we arrive Sept.10! Too bad, it would have been fun to meet!:thumbsup2

Hi Doris!

Bummer we are just missing each other :sad2:

Michelle, I am here! I haven't been dising a lot lately....been very busy! Can't wait to read along. I would love to stay at the Beach Club.

Day 1, Saturday, September 1st

Our flight departs at 6:55am, which means a 4am wake up call for me. Normally this would be a big deal, but not when I'm headed to WDW. I'm always too excited to sleep anyway! We are flying Southwest, using Don's miles - yay, free flights!! :cheer2: Sometimes I feel kind of bad stealing miles that he travels so much for, but not bad enough to stop doing it. :lmao:

We have a layover in Dallas and then a stop someplace else (not even sure where) so we won't land until 1pm. I'm hoping for quick ME service

MEBus.jpg

that will get us here in a hurry

BeachClub.jpg

Still going back and forth on whether or not I want to do online check in. I did it 3 trips ago and had to wait for quite awhile because there were several other people in front of me that had also done online check in. Both stays last year I did NOT do it and I walked straight up to the counter and checked in, soooooo

Anyway, as soon as we are checked in we are going to drop our carry-ons and head here

Animal20Kingdom20Entrance.jpg

I'm taking a tip from Sarah (wdwgirl03) who has said many times that Animal Kingdom clears out after the parade. I hope that holds true for us!

Tops on Jared's list, and mine, is a ride (or two, or three...) on Everest. Mom will probably ride it once, but no more than that.

IMG_3612.jpg

Gotta ride the safari too, hoping it's not too hot and we actually get to see some animals

safariridenamego8.jpg

If time permits maybe we will catch my favorite show in all of WDW

Festival-of-the-Lion-King.jpg

We have a 5:45 ADR at Yak & Yeti

yak-and-yeti.jpg

I can't wait for those pineapple & cream cheese wontons - Oh.So.Good!!

fried-wontons-yak-and-yeti.jpg

After dinner the park will be closed so we will head back to the resort to unpack, swim, maybe watch the movie on the beach, no real plans.

Of course, who knows, maybe I won't be able to stand it and I'll have to pop into Epcot for a Grey Goose Slushie

BirthdayTrip09308.jpg

and Illuminations

IMG_7301.jpg

Sounds like a fabulous 1st day :thumbsup2 I am looking forward to trying a Grey Goose slushie for the first time in August :cool1:

Sounds like a great first day!

For some reason, I really like starting my trip at AK. I actually really like the afternoon parade. It's one of my favs!

Yeah for EE followed by Y&Y. Have you tried the fried green beans? Heaven on a plate! :thumbsup2

Great first day plans, Michelle. I love the idea of checking ini and then heading to the AK. I've heard that the park empties out after the parade. We loved Yak & Yeti when we were there in 2008 (I still haven't been able to get it back on our schedule.

I have a feeling you'll stay at the pool so that Jared has some pool time; you can always get a cocktail at the pool. :goodvibes

Great day one plans. I think for most of us DISers that we have trouble sleeping the night before we leave for Disney!

I think going over to AK is a great idea. I noticed during our past trip how much the park clears out after 4 or so. I think that's a great strategy. Also, try to go to the last safari. We did, and we saw so many animals up in the cooler evening.

Those pineapple/cream cheese wontons look yummy-licious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter