• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving Stormalong Bay out, who has the best pool.

We haven't stayed at all the resorts, yet. But, we loved the pool at Kidani. My boys loved the slide. Actually, we loved everything about Kidani (except the bus stop area) :goodvibes.

dchronister said:
We have 5 nights booked at WLV, but the way our airline flies, Friday to Friday, we need to book to more nights somewhere. My DSinL wants to book somewhere with a really good pool for my DN7, WL pool is okay, no complaints, but it is kinda plain compared to some. We can't stay at Beach Club and have stayed at BWV, so my question is: not considering Stormalong Bay, which resort has the best pool, things that a 7 year old would like. Thanks, Dena

We like the bw pool much better than sab - never really understood the hype that pool generates -- difficult to watch kids, a pain to walk to the slide, too narrow in places, etc

I think AoA has some cute themed pools, especially for kids. I'd have to disagree with POR - the pool is fine, but not much theme to it, shady, and crowded. POFQ is kind of cheesy and small to me, but kids might get a kick out of the slide.

davedmaine said:
We like the bw pool much better than sab - never really understood the hype that pool generates -- difficult to watch kids, a pain to walk to the slide, too narrow in places, etc

Scary clown...nope, can't do it...

I would say AKL because you get three pool areas - the one at Jambo (with slide), the one at Kidani (with slide), and the Kidani splash/play area, which seemed to be fun.

I also like the Poly pool for young kids/toddlers because it is small and so easy to keep an eye on them, but for a 7-year old, that's less of an issue and it is smaller and gets crowded. So, I think your best pool value is AKL.

We loved the pool at AKL. The slide was cool and the setting was awesome. You really can't beat having live flamingos in their own little pool right behind the "human" pool!
I will throw in POP. The pools there are wonderfully themed. No slides, but perfect for just hanging out and having fun.

The volcano pool at the Poly is my favorite - even over Stormalong Bay.

Keep in mind that value resorts will not have a pool slide so if that is important to you, don't book a value.

And here is WHY I like the Poly pool best because it contains our requirements. This might help you refine your requirements and decide on a pool:

- Must have a slide and we prefer a partially enclosed slide.
- DH or I should be able to see the entire pool from our vantage point so we can keep an eye on the kids.
- Easy access to a pool bar and quick service food.
- No walking on public walkways to get to any part of the pool.
- Easily accessible to get to the pool, in and out of the pool area, and close to a 'quiet' pool.
- Cool theme (why stay at a plain ole pool if they offer cool ones???)
- Nearby shade - natural and man-made.

At Poly, these are the extras we enjoy that go above and beyond our requirements:

- View of the castle while you are swimming!!!
- No hut tub - YUP, that's a plus for us! They are a cess pool of germs and usually it is full of a bunch of kids so you can't relax anyway. And it prevents us from having to monitor the kids. We don't restrict them from going in, but our rule is only 1 minute for every 1 year they are. So they can stay in for 9 minutes at 9 years old. The problem is that they want to go back in again and again and it dehydrates them too quickly. Without the hot tub, I do not have to 'fight' that battle of how often they can go in!
- The tropical setting
- The waterfall into the pool - one of our favorite features!!
- Really good quick service nearby (um yes, I'll have another dole whip please!)
- A beach next to the pool
- Zero entry part

So Stormalong Bay, while vast, is too vast for us! I can't keep my eye on the kids and just sit in one chair and relax. As the kids become teenagers though, this might be a better spot. I also HATE crossing a public walkway to get to the slide.

CSR has an AWESOME slide - the best I've been on at Disney - it is long and fun. And the pool is shaped so you can pretty much keep an eye on your kids from one spot. Unfortunately, this was the most crowded pool and a dirty pool and the quick service is not so quick. We went in July so I'm sure that had something to do with it but it didn't sit well with me. The movie IN the pool was really cool though!

We are partial to the Poly pool as well for so many of the reasons Tinkerbellie16 mentioned above. The debate over no hot tub is a non issue for us as well as we have no desire to use a public hot tub for the same reasons that Tinkerbellie16 mentioned above too. Watching Wishes from the Poly pool is magical. The Volcano Slide is fast and fun. The pool and beach are surrounded by a beautiful tropical setting. Very relaxing, IMO:goodvibes:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter