Leaving Stormalong Bay out, who has the best pool.

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dchronister, May 20, 2013.

1. Mamato3Princes

Mamato3Princes Adventure is out there!

We haven't stayed at all the resorts, yet. But, we loved the pool at Kidani. My boys loved the slide. Actually, we loved everything about Kidani (except the bus stop area) :goodvibes.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

We like the bw pool much better than sab - never really understood the hype that pool generates -- difficult to watch kids, a pain to walk to the slide, too narrow in places, etc

4. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

I think AoA has some cute themed pools, especially for kids. I'd have to disagree with POR - the pool is fine, but not much theme to it, shady, and crowded. POFQ is kind of cheesy and small to me, but kids might get a kick out of the slide.

5. Cotillard

Cotillard Mouseketeer

We like the pool at AKL. It's really big and has a slide and I love the landscaping.

6. mirage0306

mirage0306 DIS Veteran

My then nine year old could not get enough of the slide at BWI.

7. HubbDave

HubbDave Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

Scary clown...nope, can't do it...

8. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

I would say AKL because you get three pool areas - the one at Jambo (with slide), the one at Kidani (with slide), and the Kidani splash/play area, which seemed to be fun.

I also like the Poly pool for young kids/toddlers because it is small and so easy to keep an eye on them, but for a 7-year old, that's less of an issue and it is smaller and gets crowded. So, I think your best pool value is AKL.

9. ChristaDeVil

ChristaDeVil DIS Veteran

We loved the pool at AKL. The slide was cool and the setting was awesome. You really can't beat having live flamingos in their own little pool right behind the "human" pool!
    I will throw in POP. The pools there are wonderfully themed. No slides, but perfect for just hanging out and having fun.

10. tinkermommyof3

tinkermommyof3 DIS Veteran

We are partial to the Poly pool as well for so many of the reasons Tinkerbellie16 mentioned above. The debate over no hot tub is a non issue for us as well as we have no desire to use a public hot tub for the same reasons that Tinkerbellie16 mentioned above too. Watching Wishes from the Poly pool is magical. The Volcano Slide is fast and fun. The pool and beach are surrounded by a beautiful tropical setting. Very relaxing, IMO:goodvibes:thumbsup2