Leaving shows

maddiebee

DIS Veteran
Is there the option to leave the indoor shows? Like if you need to go to the bathroom or something else comes up and you need to leave, is it possible/easy to make an unobtrusive exit? What about Ellen's energy adventure?

Is there the option to leave the indoor shows? Like if you need to go to the bathroom or something else comes up and you need to leave, is it possible/easy to make an unobtrusive exit? What about Ellen's energy adventure?

most of the shows yes, if you sit at an end. Something like Mickey's philharmagic the middle you're going to be doing a lot of "excuse me"

Ellen's isn't a show, it's 45 minute attraction. the theater seats are in these large "trams" and go through several show scenes and into several different theaters. No chance of getting out any more than say Pirates.

I know for most shows you can. In the past I've had relatives walk out of the Indiana Jones Stunt spectacular to go to the bathroom. They just made a point to tell the cast member they were leaving to go so when they asked to be let back in there were no issues :)

For Ellen's energy adventure (if i remember correctly) the last time we went during the CM's introduction they mode a point of saying that it was a 45 minute attraction and that there are no bathroom breaks (because you're riding in a moving tram)

What are the longest shows at Disney?

Ellen
Finding Nemo, the Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Beauty and the Beast LIVE
Fantasmic!
Indiana Jones Stunt
Lights! Motors! ACTION! Stunt
The American Adventure
Hall of Presidents
Flights of Wonder
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Yeah, Ellen isn't a show, its a ride/show. The trams move along a track, sometimes in the dark... Ive heard that at certain points there are gaps in the floor. You could be seriously hurt if you tried to leave while it is going on.

And Carousel of Progress ... Please don't try to leave that one! It causes all kinds of problems!

Ellen
Finding Nemo, the Musical
Festival of the Lion King
Beauty and the Beast LIVE
Fantasmic!
Indiana Jones Stunt
Lights! Motors! ACTION! Stunt
Flights of Wonder
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor

Hall of Presidents?

And Carousel of Progress ... Please don't try to leave that one! It causes all kinds of problems!
I would never! I love carousel of progress!
We are going for a much longer trip this year so I'm looking forward to doing more shows and longer things but also just wondering if it's possible to escape if we really hate it! I guess we can just nap if it's that bad!

The way Ellen's Energy Adventure is designed you can't leave it without setting off safety alerts and the ride must be evacuated and reset. It is an older technology and can't be updated. They make many announcements before the "ride" begins that you have to stay in your seats.

Most shows in theaters that don't move have exits although once you leave I'm not sure if you will be able to get back in.

I'm assuming Ellen's is at least worth it if you need a break though? I want to try it but the 45 minute commitment freaks me out a little!

I'm assuming Ellen's is at least worth it if you need a break though? I want to try it but the 45 minute commitment freaks me out a little!

An air conditioned nap in the Florida heat can be wonderful. So much so that I don't complain too much when we have to do DH's favs Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress. Just try not to snore or drool on your neighbor. :thumbsup2

Do you need to be reminded how dangerous (nuclear) and unreliable (wind and solar) other fuel systems are. Really the only choice in the world are fossil fuels, which are wonderful and make rainbows and unicorns.

My kids love Ellen! It's always a must-see for them. It's a nice way to take a break too.

Do you need to be reminded how dangerous (nuclear) and unreliable (wind and solar) other fuel systems are. Really the only choice in the world are fossil fuels, which are wonderful and make rainbows and unicorns.

I find it amazingly balanced in discussing multiple energy sources.

Ellen was empty when we went last year, maybe 30 people tops when we went. We had one of those huge rows to ourselves. I was so tired, I laid down using my purse as a pillow and took a nap!

Ellen was empty when we went last year, maybe 30 people tops when we went. We had one of those huge rows to ourselves. I was so tired, I laid down using my purse as a pillow and took a nap!

Shhh.. don't tell people that or else it will fill up and there won't be any decent nap spots left.

Okay for me there is always nemo. Don't know what it about that place but it always PUTS ME TO SLEEP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter