• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving parks after fireworks, fantasmic, etc?

sadossey

Mouseketeer
We have 2 kids, 5&2. Want to try to see firworks and fantasmic but not have to fight a mob scene for a bus back to hotel. Would it be better to do fireworks or fantasmic when there are evening EMHs so everyone is not going to the busses at the same time?

It'll pretty much be a mob scene with or without EMH. I recommend hanging out in the parks for a little while while the departing crowds die down.

Hang on to the kid. A friend of mine lost a 4 yo trying to exit after Wishes. She thought he was with her husband and her DH thought the kid was with her. They are both doofuses, though. And their children don't even consider listening to what they're told to do.

I left once with a three year old. I picked him up and carried him out.

It isn't that hard to exit if you have one adult per small child.

If you have several little ones, hang back for twenty minutes...if you can.

Good luck!

I think you'll find the parks more crowded on an EHM night. If you position yourself closer to the exits you might be able to beat the crowds out. Discuss in advance which parent is responsible for which child and hang on to them tight if you do find yourselves stuck in a crowd :thumbsup2

For a fast exit, for Fantasmic that would be to be in the dining voucher section or very close to it, which is the right side of the theatre when facing the stage.

MK you'd have to be near the train depot. You could opt to watch the fireworks from the POLY resort beaches, or book a pirates and pals cruise to see them from the 7 seas lagoon and you could see them without being in the park.

As others said, if you aren't infront of the crowd, I'd hang out and shop a little, get an icecream or just stay put to let the mobs out first. The buses are going to be crowded after shows/fireworks as will be all modes of transporation to get out but the shows/fireworks themselves are worth the effort IMO :goodvibes

To avoid crowds at the buses/monorail/boats, we stop at Casey's for corn dogs and a drink. We sit at one of the tables there and watch the crowds exit. When mobs have left, we leisurely stroll to the exit and stop by the train station, where we sit and people watch until the people exiting are down to a trickle. We then casually walk to our transportation. Usually by that time, the lines are down and we are not standing for very long and are usually able to get a seat on the bus even.

I agree with the other posters... hang out as long as you can. People watch, window shop, or get a snack!

Having done this with two young children, I know how important it is to get out quickly at the end of the fireworks. The kids have had it, and to wait around for another hour as the crowds leave often won't cut it for the little ones. About an hour and a half (yes, that long) before the fireworks, make your way toward the exit and find a spot by the train station at the end of Main Street. Someone can sit and "hold" the spot while another person takes the kids into the shops, for a round the park train ride, or for ice cream. Make sure to get back to your spot about a half hour before the fireworks, because it gets crowded! Once the last firework ends, make a bee line out of the park and for your transportation. The monorail, bus and boat lines build very quickly. However, by being toward the front of the pack leaving, you have a definite advantage of being among the first groups to board.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice! Yes we will need to exit quickly, my DS2 will be a handfull if we try to wait it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter