Leaving on Wednesday....Suggestions, please!

Girlies4

Earning My Ears
Hello all! Bringing my three daughters (17, 15 and 9) to the parks on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this coming week (6th thru the 8th). Have visited several times, but have never been during the Christmas season. I'm familiar with optimizing fastpasses and other hydroguy rules, and am assuming that it would be best to try to ride the rides in Carsland on Thursday, as that would be our likely lowest attendance day?

* Should we just get in line for Cars at park opening on Thursday or get a fastpass then and explore the rest of CA? (There is no CA early admission that day) How long are opening lines?

* Are there any special holiday desserts or treats that we shouldn't miss?

* Best way to avoid crowds during the Candlelight Processional?

Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

We attempted carsland this morning. We were there 40 minutes before park opening and waited at the turnstiles luckily being about 5 people back. They scanned our tickets early so we got in right away after countdown. I headed to FP line and ended up about 15 people back. My family went to the ropes ready to use the "wide right " technique and they were told right away that racers would not be opening and they didn't know when. I would go straight for the FP so you will at least get on at some point in the day and then explore CL. We had a return time of 1030-1130 and it didn't open until 11 or so. Oh! And this morning they ran out of FPs at 915. Might have better luck it being a weekday and crowds are lighter :)

For candlelight tonight we ended up showing up to enter the park in the middle of it. It wasnt too bad walking through because CMs were directing everyone. Wait times weren't slower even with candlelight going on.

Hope this helps a little!!!

I would try to ride Radiator Springs your first day. It seems like it was broken down a lot this week. We were lucky and rode it our first day and then it was down the next two days for the majority of the day (or so I heard). I was so glad we got the fast pass the first day and got our ride in so I didn't have to stress about it the rest of the trip!!

Thanks so much, ladies! I'll stick with my plan of attempting to get a FP for Radiator Springs first thing, instead of waiting in line. Did I read that RS is now disconnected from the FP system at CA? We haven't been to the parks in a couple of years. Where exactly is Cars Land located? Quickest way to the FP kiosks?

Sounds like crowds have been heavy this week. I'll have to put myself into 'full planning momma mode' and read up some more before we leave!:cool2:

Thanks again!

Did I read that RS is now disconnected from the FP system at CA? We haven't been to the parks in a couple of years. Where exactly is Cars Land located? Quickest way to the FP kiosks?

I wouldn't count on that. There were posts saying they were disconnected and then later posts saying they were connected.

Hello all! Bringing my three daughters (17, 15 and 9) to the parks on Thursday, Friday and Saturday of this coming week (6th thru the 8th). Have visited several times, but have never been during the Christmas season. I'm familiar with optimizing fastpasses and other hydroguy rules, and am assuming that it would be best to try to ride the rides in Carsland on Thursday, as that would be our likely lowest attendance day?

* Should we just get in line for Cars at park opening on Thursday or get a fastpass then and explore the rest of CA? (There is no CA early admission that day) How long are opening lines?

* Are there any special holiday desserts or treats that we shouldn't miss?

* Best way to avoid crowds during the Candlelight Processional?

Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Since your kids are older, if you want to ride RSR more than once, I'd do the single rider line.

Did I read that RS is now disconnected from the FP system at CA? We haven't been to the parks in a couple of years. Where exactly is Cars Land located? Quickest way to the FP kiosks?

RSR was disconnected during Thanksgiving week, but I have read reports that it has since been re-connected. Cars Land is between and behind Bugs Land and the Pacific Wharf section. There are multiple entrances to Cars Land, one off the main thoroughfare, one through Bugs Land, a little side corridor from the Pacific Wharf area near what was the tortilla factory, now Ghirardelli shop, and one at the back of the Pacific Wharf area. The coolest entrance for effect is the one in the back of the Pacific Wharf area. The entrance you will be walked through if you are there for rope drop is the one off the main corridor through the park. The CMs will rope walk the masses to the land. The fastpass distribution for RSR is not actually in Cars Land. They have re-purposed the Tough to Be a Bug fastpasses (really?! that show had fastpasses?). If you are there at/before opening, you will see the long line forming for fastpasses. That line wraps all the way around the Carthay Circle restaurant, winds through the Playhouse Disney queue and continues down the Hollywood street.

Not to highjack this thread, but we will be in the Parks Sunday the 9th and Monday the 10th. BOTH days have EA to DCA!!!!! there is a slim chance I am going to get FPs for RSR correct?

Not to highjack this thread, but we will be in the Parks Sunday the 9th and Monday the 10th. BOTH days have EA to DCA!!!!! there is a slim chance I am going to get FPs for RSR correct?

they don't start giving FP until regular park opening and by all accounts FP seem to run out about 60-120 minutes after that so if you get there at regular opening and go straight to FP line you should be fine.

I can confirm that they are reconnected to the FP system. On Sunday, the 25th, we were able to get other FP right away, but on Monday, the 26th, we weren't.

Here are some other interesting things I observed about the whole FP/RSR thing. On Sunday, 11/25, we were able to get 2 sets of RSR racers. We had EMH, and I got in the FP line about 7:50, just before they let the regular guests in. We got passes for around 10:00 or so. I noticed later in the day they were still available without a line to get them, so we picked up a second set for a return time of around 5 p.m. I think that was around 10:15 or so because we had GK reservations for 11 and left the park around 10:30.

However, when the park opened later, EMH was more crowded and when we tried to get into the FP line, a bit before the regular opening, we were further back than the day before. And the FP ran out much sooner after park opening. I think that is a combination of less hours in the day to spread FP out over and more people showing up for a 9 or 10 a.m. opening than for a 7 or 8.

Girlies4 said:
Thanks so much, ladies! I'll stick with my plan of attempting to get a FP for Radiator Springs first thing, instead of waiting in line. Did I read that RS is now disconnected from the FP system at CA? We haven't been to the parks in a couple of years. Where exactly is Cars Land located? Quickest way to the FP kiosks?

Sounds like crowds have been heavy this week. I'll have to put myself into 'full planning momma mode' and read up some more before we leave!:cool2:

Thanks again!

When we were just there it was disconnected. I got a fast pass on Wednesday and Saturday and both times it said in the Fastpass that you could get another Fastpass right away. I don't remember the wording (pretty sad since it was just yesterday that I got the last one) but it will say on the ticket you get. I believe we'd was the 28th and then yesterday, Dec 1 were the dates for my passes.

I forgot to answer about your holiday treat question. We enjoyed the Gingerbread Men and other holiday cookies and Hot Apple Cider from Jolly Holiday Bakery. We were tempted by a lot of other yummy looking stuff too.

I pulled FPs this past Friday (11/30) and there was wording on the ticket letting you know you can go pull another one right away. Agree with others that you are better off with a FP b/c you don't know when it will be down. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you so VERY much, everyone! I really appreciate your comments and suggestions. :goodvibes

We are so excited for our trip! Regardless of whats up with RSR during our visit, we'll still be at Disneyland and it will be great. Doesn't mean I won't be shooting for that FP first thing, though! :cool2:

Thanks again!

I forgot to answer about your holiday treat question. We enjoyed the Gingerbread Men and other holiday cookies and Hot Apple Cider from Jolly Holiday Bakery. We were tempted by a lot of other yummy looking stuff too.

I second that opinion--they had some great stuff for reasonable prices. Plus it's a great view of the fireworks and behind the crowd if you're seeing the fireworks at closing.

Haven't had them myself, but I've read that at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree they have Monte Cristo bites. If that's something you want to try, but won't make a sit-down meal at one of the restaurants where it's available.

I hope they'll keep them around after Christmas, b/c I'd love to try it but don't think we'll be doing meals where the real thing is available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter