Leaving items for charater signatures with Service Desk

terriseay

Earning My Ears
I just read where we will no longer be able to leave items for all the charaters to sign with the service desk at the beginning of the cruise and pick it up at the end of the cruise. We are schedule for our first Disney Cruise on the Wonder in December. Is this true?

We were on the Magic for 7 days at the end of April and had no problems. We left the item along with a bag of candy at Guest Services and our stateroom host delivered it back to our room the night before we disembarked. I have read recently that some cruisers are having problems on the shorter sails with Guest Services refusing to accept the items on the 3 day cruises.

I just read where we will no longer be able to leave items for all the charaters to sign with the service desk at the beginning of the cruise and pick it up at the end of the cruise. We are schedule for our first Disney Cruise on the Wonder in December. Is this true?
Where did you read this?

I did it on the May 1 Panama Canal sailing on the Wonder with no problems. They even have special forms they fill out and put in the bag with your item.

I think there has been lots of speculation on this one based on a post on another unnameable site. I wonder if this is just on the shorter cruises rather than on the longer ones but would love to know officially.

Last edited:
I think there has been lots of speculation on this one on the Facebook pages. I wonder if this is just on the shorter cruises rather than on the longer ones but would love to know officially.

Yes I just read this on that other site we aren't supposed to mention *coughFBcoughcoughcough* as someone said they had been on the Wonder specifically and had not been able to get anything signed. People are trying to figure out if she was on a short cruise (2 night to nowhere) or if she just left it til too late in the cruise to get anything signed, but the original poster on that group has not returned to comment.

Yes I just read this on that other site we aren't supposed to mention *coughFBcoughcoughcough* as someone said they had been on the Wonder specifically and had not been able to get anything signed. People are trying to figure out if she was on a short cruise (2 night to nowhere) or if she just left it til too late in the cruise to get anything signed, but the original poster on that group has not returned to comment.

don't know about the story from the other site, but i can report that this happened to a good friend who got off the wonder on 5/20 (3-night Mexican riviera). it was her family's first DCL cruise so i told her about the autograph thing, but the CM at guest services said "anything less than 1 wk is too short to get things signed and returned" (her words). i do not know on which day she went to GS however.

she ended up having her kids bring the items to the meet-and-greets though and had them signed that way.

edited: i want to make it clear that this is just one report from one ship. could be that the CM was having a bad day, it's not an across-the-fleet policy (at least i hope not--we are cruising soon ourselves), etc.

Well I will say...I was getting nervous as my item didn't get returned to me until the 14th day of our cruise.....so they definitely do take their time. I can see why 3 nights isn't long enough.

..I was getting nervous as my item didn't get returned to me until the 14th day of our cruise..

Our cruises have ranged from 4 nights to 15 nights and items handed in for signing have always been returned on the last day of the cruise.

A friend of mine sailed on the Wonder in March, hers was a 5 night cruise and both items that she took to guest services were signed.

Just finished a 3 day Dream cruise and was able to do this. I dropped 2 baseballs off with sharpies and they were returned with autographs the last day.

THANK YOU for posting!!! We are on a 3 day Dream soon and wanted to get items signed too! Glad to hear that we can still do it!!! Cheers!

I was on the Wonder fro a b2b (2night/3 night) and both cruises Guest Services was saying no to doing the signatures on items. They were recommending you take your items to the meet and greets for signatures

I wonder then if this is to do with the turn around times and just not being able to accomadate the amount of items going to guest services on the shorter cruises

They even have special forms they fill out and put in the bag with your item.
6ce11.jpg

It's been my understanding that they will do it for 4 nights or more cruises when you take the items to guests services ASAP. I did have things signed in April on a 4 night on the dream, but I didn't bother trying to take anything on my recent 2 night cruise in May, but I'm sure I would've been refused.

Maybe I'll buy the item to be signed on the ship. That way if they refuse to sign it I can just return the item.

Oh I hope I can on a 5 night! I was planning on having patches of fabric signed in fabric markers and turning it into a quilt.

Any recent updated info on this? We will be on a 3 day cruise in August and I am really hoping to have a couple items signed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter