Leaving in 7 days! Have questions...What are your "must do's"

Hey, I leave on Sat. It looks like the weather in Orlando will be a little cool in the beginning of the week but will start to warm up by Wed. Make sure you bring something warm to wear, the weather can change very quickly this time of year. See you guys there! :woohoo:

Ok whew..... I wish I would have found this last summer when we decided to plan a trip to WDW. I've been surfing this forum for a month now and have to say THANK YOU!!! Thanks for all the great tips.....:thumbsup2

Questions:

Is the Spirit of Aloha show worth the $$$? We have the level 1 seating. truthfully, I would like to just see the flame throwers.:goodvibes

Character meals booked: (5 total) :confused: I feel like this is a lot.
Breakfast with Mickey bright and early on our first full day
Crystal Palace the second day
Story Book lunch with Princess' at Epcot on 5th day
Breakfast with Mickey on 6th day (thinking of cancelling)
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare w/Cinderella on 7th day

Other things booked:
Spirit of Aloha showing (thinking of cancelling though)
Pirates & Princess Party pirate: princess: Suggestions???

BBB booked both girls on the first full day and last full day.
I'm big about starting on a high and ending on a high note that's why I booked Breakfast with Mickey & BBB right away on the first day. Then BBB and dinner at 1900 Park Fare on the last day.princess:

Any recommendations for BBB is appreciated. At first I had the 5yo booked for the castle package but really don't want to wait for photos, from the other threads I've read about BBB it sounds a bit inconvenient. I plan on buying the dresses. Since I'm a photographer, I will have my pro camera with and will just take my own photos afterwards.....???:confused: The CM said if I change my mind I can upgrade when we get there.

For those that have been there within the last year, any new things to try or see? Actually, it will all be new for us as this is our first WDW trip.:banana:

Epcot, what replaced Alfredo Di Roma Ristorante and are they any good?

The plane:

It's been 5 years since I've last flown. As a child I had several sets of tubes in my ears and now have lots of scar tissue. So the last time I flew, on the descent my ear drums ruptured and were hemorrhaging. The pain was unbearable and I could not hear out of my left ear for over a month. So needless to say I'm terrified to fly and not by the whole thought of crashing which use to consume my thoughts.;) Does anyone with ear problems have any suggestions on what to do?'

Car rental
When we leave WDW we are driving down to Siesta Key for 5 days and staying on the Gulf. We will then fly out of Fort Meyers BUT are flying in to Orlando airport. The only thing we want to do off WDW site is go to Universal and possibly Sea World. Who is great for day rentals? And who is the best for grocery delivery to the resort?

Ok, I'm going to go and take a breath now. Just had to visually lay it all out.

Thanks!!!

Heather
Hi Heatherhl--Your trip sounds wonderful. I personally would not conceal Mickeys breakfast. You have to eat with the boss.
As far as your ears go call your doctor. He/she may have something to keep the pressure from building up. That is a painful and serious situation. Keep us posted.

Cristbaby & Kimis,

Thanks for the reply. The dr said earplugs but I'm still nervous after the last time. So painful.... I looked just like this little guy on descent. :scared1: ;)

Cristbaby, have fun too!!! Can't get much colder than it is here. On Sunday we are looking at -13 degrees. :rolleyes:

Have a great day.

Heather

Hi i did BBB last year for my DD ... I did the Coach (the cheapest) and she had a blast, loved every minute of it .. there was a photographer there snapping away too ... to put the pics on the photopass card ... it was great and she wants again this year!! I really sympathise with your ear problem, both my dd nd myself have lots of pain in our ears when flying, i've never found anything that makes it any better :sad1: Have a great time

Hi i did BBB last year for my DD ... I did the Coach (the cheapest) and she had a blast, loved every minute of it .. there was a photographer there snapping away too ... to put the pics on the photopass card ... it was great and she wants again this year!! I really sympathise with your ear problem, both my dd nd myself have lots of pain in our ears when flying, i've never found anything that makes it any better :sad1: Have a great time

Ugg, I know.... My husband was looking at the flight schedule tonight and I asked him if he was nervous, he said a little then asked if I was.... YES but not so much for the same reason anymore... VERY nervous!

To add to the panic, my dd5 has been in the ER twice this week, yes twice..... The first time, she had a racing heart.....:sad2: So far so good, everything looks normal.. I was about to ban her from all rides, DR said she is fine. THEN tonight, she sticks a bead up her nose so far I can't get it out :rotfl2: . Urgent care was closed so they sent me to the ER.... To wait.... with sick people!!!!!!!!!:scared: ;) SO now we are (of course thankful nothing was wrong with her) but scared we are going to come down with something nasty right before we leave......which would worsen the old ear thing....:rolleyes:

Oh well, I'm sure all will be well and I will have lots of photos to share when we get back. That is, unless dd has another "trick" up her sleeve.....or nose..:upsidedow

Oh my sounds like you're having a tough week ... i really feel for you ... never had DD shove anything up her nose, sounds not fun :laughing:
Here's sending you well and happy thoughts for your journey
Have a great time :flower3:

Well,

It sounds like you have a pretty tight schedule going at WDW.:cool1:
If you want, I would probably take off that second breakfast with Mickey.

I think the most must do is BBB and Rides at the parks.

I hope you and you family have fun! :banana:

-Amber

Have a great trip with you and your family!!!

I have had my ear drum burst during a flight :sick: (I was 10 and on my way to Disneyland-it was very painful to say the least)...ever since that happened my doctor recommnded that 2 days before any flight I take I start taking sudafed and spray afrin nose spray in my nose the day of the flight...never had a problem since..maybe you can ask your doctor if this could work for you (it basically clears your sinuses for the flight) I had tubes when I was a little girl (I think like 4 or 5 times, so I can relate) ;)

I think all the meals and activities you have planned sound great!!

Wendy,

I think I will try the afrin and sudafed. She recommended Mucinex to loosen things up also. I've been doing the Mucinex for a week now to start that process. I like the afrin idea. I can see where that would probably be very effective. Thank you for that tip!!!!!

Shortminnie,

We are going at the same time as you. I hope you have a great trip as well!!!:rotfl2:

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter