leaving in 5 days any advice for a first timer

momma of 2

lovin this mommaing business
We leave on Sunday:rotfl: anyone have any last minute idea or suggestions. This is our first trip as a family. Traveling will be myself, dh, dd3 1/2, ds 2 and my friends dd 11.

1. Be there at rope drop(opening) each morning. You can get so much done before the crowds start to show up around 11am.
2. Make sure you take a midday break every day. Swim, nap, rejuvenate. We would then take a shower and go to our dinner reservation.
3.Do not forget to use Parent swap at the more popular rides. Also, remember to use your fastpasses.
4.Have a general plan of your touring for each park. Consider priorities and the geography of the park. So many people walk around aimlessly trying to decide what to do next. We let each of our kids pick 2 must do rides for each park and discussed we would not be able to do everything!
5. Remember a successful trip is one that everyone enjoys. Forget the " I paid x amount of dollars for this trip and we are going to see as much as possible!" attitude. Some of our favorite moments were when we slowed down and let ourselves soak up the magic!

HAVE FUN!!!

1.) Relax! The best times are the unplanned ones!
2.) Be flexible, particularly when traveling with kids! BE FLEXIBLE!
3.) Take a breather mid day to enjoy the pools, take a nap and recharge. The parks look beautiful at night too!
4.) HAVE FUN!

The best advice I could give is "Know before you go" and "Have a plan". After a few unprepared trips, I got down to business and planned it all out for the next time (there's always a next time :yay: ). The one item that we found most valuable were pocket sized laminated cards (one for each park we planned to visit). We created these cards based on our own experiences with crowds and traffic patterns through the parks. Over time, we perfected them to the point where we were able to whizz through MK with no stress and hardley any waits. They work so well that we started selling them on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220148964197&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=012. These cards, combined with a little knowledge of the park layouts can save you time and stress. WDW is so awesome! Enjoy your trip!

We leave on Sunday:rotfl: anyone have any last minute idea or suggestions. This is our first trip as a family. Traveling will be myself, dh, dd3 1/2, ds 2 and my friends dd 11.

I'm a little more laid back. I've seen families so razzled by staying on a "plan" and following road maps that they spend more time looking down at cards than they do at the magic around them, then there are the "commandos" who are rushing back and forth at they end of the day every one is cranky, tired and irritable.
My tip: Tour slowly and relax. Let every one decide on 1 major "must- do " ride then after that enjoy the unplanned magic. You're probably not going to see every thing first time around and with 2 toddlers it's no fun having seriously stressed out kids at the end of the day.

those ages will really enjoy the parades...get a spot early and have a picnic lunch on the street curb to wait, rest and recoup.....

I agree to get there early and leave mid-day if you need a break ( or if the little ones are sleeping in a stroller you could geet some adult rides done then...)...

definately look at a park map / list of attractions before you leave to get an idea of some things you want to get done during a day and have a general plan about how you are going to proceed around the park during the day...

I totally agree on the nap mid-day. Even if they won't nap, just a little time to relax and unwind is great! I'd pick the top few things that you definitely want to do in each park and then focus on those, that way, you won't be disappointed that you missed out on something you really wanted to see.

Above all, relax and enjoy this special time with your family! Oh, and take lots of pics! Hope you have a great trip!:cool1:

Your 2 yo may be too little, but in Toontown they have a place where you can get their faces painted. It's really pretty, but if they are going to be extremely sweaty, don't get the whole face done. It smears! We have done it twice and our kids love it. It does cost around $15 I think, but it's different and fun. After all day, we just wipe it off with diaper wipes. I agree you should not rush with 2 little ones. They are going to be hyped just from seeing the characters-it's sooo exciting. Bring a big pen and autograph book-you can get it at your resort or once inside the parks. Get your fastpasses or go to Peter Pan and Pooh EARLY- they have the longest lines. Oh! & Dumbo-if they are interested in that.

Pack now! As much as you can!! Keep all your paperwork near your suitcases so you don't forget anything you have to bring.

You are gonna have such a good time!!:goodvibes Have fun!

My best advice is to plan on NOT seeing everything. That way you don't feel guilty when you don't. With little ones there is just noway you should go commando. Sit back and relax. Let the kids dictate how long an area should last. They might really like playing in the playground areas, who knows.

Go with the flow and see where you end up! I'm sure it will be fun no matter what!!

Enjoy a dole whip in adventureland in MK....a must do for us! If the kids need a haircut, get one at the Harmony Barbershop in MK...get there by 9 for little to no wait and be sure to get gel mickey's for the boys...too cute!
I agree with getting to the parks early...you will get through so much more!
Relax and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter