• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving in 2 days and weather

Blondiex46

Stayin in the park next time 2010
doesn't look good. I know it rains everyday but according to the WC it is going to rain everyday. Anybody been there lately has it rained. Worried about spending all kinds of money on tickets and not being able to use them and being enclosed with the kids for dazzzzzzzzzz, lol:scared1:

Yea, I checked out the weather and you're going to have rain - bring the ponchos. However, NO WORRIES - I assure you that as long as the forecast says "scattered t-storms" or "scattered showers" or anything "scattered," you are FINE. If your showers are scattered, I promise you that means you stand a chance of being rained on for a period of time, but you won't have full day washouts. The forecast I saw was the typical Florida summertime forecast. I think they just copy and paste every day - it's always the same.

Plus... I am one of the few people who actually HAVE vacationed in Florida during a full-blown rainout (see my sig!) It was rare - even the locals were amazed. But we did everything anyway - didn't even consider sitting around inside. It was June - it certainly wasn't cold! The poncho thing got a little old, but not til after a few days. Oh and there were NO lines!

It can literaly rain at Epcot and be sunny in Magic Kingdom. When they say "scattered" they really mean "scattered."

Have a great time!

When we went last November it said some type of rain EVERY day on the forecast (Disney's too). We got sprinkled on once in 7 days. Don't worry until you have to! Besides in June and July, you might like to get rained on a couple of times !!!! :)

Bring ponchos and comfy water shoes. The park might be a bit emptier than is would have. Some rides will definitely be closed during rain due to safety issues (better safe than sorry). But you can do a ton of rides if people stay away from the park. As long as it's a warm rain, we're good to go.

It's summer time in Florida. That means, rainy season! No worries, bring or buy ponchos! Most of the time it's just scattered showers and it is so hot there, you'll welcome the rain!

Yep, there is a tropical wave (not a storm, just disturbed weather) out in the Atlantic by the Bahamas that is headed our way (the big blob to the right of FL), and they do expect lots of (badly needed) rain for us with heavy downpours possible Thursday 60%/Friday 60%/Saturday 50%.

ir_at_320x240.jpg

But like everyone says, just prepare and it will be fine. Be sure and buy some ponchos and head out in the lighter crowds and enjoy! :goodvibes

We just got back and there was rain in the forecast every day (60% chance on two of the days) and we only had one rain shower in the entire 8 days we were there. Some of the days were pretty cloudy which actually made it better since the temps were in the upper 90's. Pack your ponchos but don't worry about what the forecast says.

WE were there last May and when we had rain it rained for about 1/2 hours and then the sun came up. Good time to go to indoor attractions.

When we went last August, it rained for a short period one day, but we barely noticed. Because of the humidity, a little rain barely made a difference. We wore big-brimmed, explorer type hats to keep the rain and sun off our faces and it was enough. We ended up using the poncho to cover DD's stroller to keep our "stuff" dry.

The hour of rain didn't do much except that the outdoor rides, like BTMR, had to close due to lightning.

Bring a hat and a poncho, and you should be just fine.

Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter