Leaving For Florida Wed!!!

FLParadisevilla

DIS Veteran
We are heading to Florida on Wed! I am so ready for a change of pace and some fun!!! This will be an interesting drive My Husband, Girlfriend and my 2 Dogs!! (against my husband's will we are taking the dogs) LOL
:bounce: :dance3:

Have a great time!

I'm new here - but are you Pongo's Paradise? If so, I so badly wanted to book your home and someone got there before me! You have a lovely villa.

Hey have a great trip Karen! Wish we were gonna be there with you, next time, big DIS meetup in the Disney neighborhood! hehe :teeth:

jacmo said:
Have a great time!

I'm new here - but are you Pongo's Paradise? If so, I so badly wanted to book your home and someone got there before me! You have a lovely villa.

Thank you so much for the compliment on our home! :goodvibes

jacmo said:
Have a great time!

I *think* that might be us :blush:
Our countdowns look right.. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
I promise, we won't have any fun at all, not one bit;)

...fingers crossed behind my back... pirate:

Have a wonderful trip Karen and Maria!!!

Turn up the heat, and leave the sun on for us!! LOL!!

:sunny:

mbb said:
I *think* that might be us :blush:
Our countdowns look right.. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:
I promise, we won't have any fun at all, not one bit;)

Oh that's funny! You have good taste. ;)

Pictures...we wanna see lots of pictures! popcorn:: You can use a few new ones for your website anyhow...right? hehe

I'm contemplating buying a very expensive Canon Rebel XTi Digital SLR camera with a fisheye lens right now for that very purpose.... I may need to move to Florida though if I do though!! (So I'm told..hehe).

Or George you can buy the camera and take all kinds of pictures for me! I work in Photoshop all day long so I can clean and brighten all the pictures.
Seems to me like we could have the best pictures around! LOL

MBB Yes I think you got the dates they were looking for. I didn't want to be the one to say that. :goodvibes

Maria, Where are you staying?

Have a wonderful trip Karen and Maria!!!
Thanks mbb !!!

Hi Karen, we're staying at the CBR. I'm going down with friends from work and they were all staying onsite, so I just wanted to as well to be close to everyone & we needed ME. We all couldn't get rooms at the same resort though. WDW is pretty darn booked that weekend. Two are at POP, one is at OKW/BCV, one is at VWL and I'm at CBR (all that was left when I booked !).
Hoping for good December weather for us all ! :thumbsup2 :sunny:

FLParadisevilla said:
We are heading to Florida on Wed! I am so ready for a change of pace and some fun!!! This will be an interesting drive My Husband, Girlfriend and my 2 Dogs!! (against my husband's will we are taking the dogs) LOL
:bounce: :dance3:

Have a wonderful, safe trip! :wizard:

Please tell us how the trip goes with your dogs when you get back.

Have a great time!!!

Ed: Now, I owe it to myself to tell you, Mr. Griswold, that if you are thinking of taking the tribe cross country, this is your automobile. The Wagon Queen Family Truckster. You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it.

Ed, the car salesman: Wait a minute, I'll get to the bottom of this, we'll find your car. Davenport!
Davenport: Yes, Mr. Ed.
Ed, the car salesman: Where is Mr. Griswold's Sports Wagon?
Davenport: I don't know sir.
Ed, the car salesman: I know what must have happened. It didn't come in. Now I can get you the Sports Wagon; the only problem is that it may take six weeks. I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster is the way to go. You think you hate it now, but just wait until you drive it.
Clark Griswald: Ed, I'm not your average fool. Now I want my super sports wagon now, or I'm gonna take my business elsewhere!
Ed, the car salesman: Davenport! Get Mr. Griswald's car and bring it back here!
[the car is in the process of being smashed. It returns flat, and clark tries to squat and open the door]

Clark Griswald: Roy; can I call you Roy? Have you even driven your whole family cross-country?
Roy Walley: Oh, hell yes. Once I drove all of them to Florida. The smell coming out of the back seat was terrible.
Clark Griswald: I know that smell, Roy; but what if you had driven all that way and Florida was closed?
Roy Walley: Closed? Uh, they don't close Florida.

Off to Wallyworld!! Just don't let your dogs have the same fate as Aunt Edna's in the movie! hehe

I think my Husband is just hoping for no bouts with motion sickness and no bad smells coming from the back! LOL I am hoping for that too!
This may be the first and last trip with the dogs or it may not be too bad! I am doing a tribal dance for it to be a smooth ride!
However I have so much stuff to take we may look like the Beverly Hillbillys! :rotfl:

Hehe...I was picturing more like the Griswolds loading up the old "family truckster" with Aunt Edna in the back and her little dog! LOL...remember how they had all kinds of stuff strapped to the roof even? Then they ended up forgetting about the dog leash tied to the rear bumper? :rotfl: Just saw it on Comedy Central over the weekend..hehe... be careful driving down there and have a great trip!!

George
How did you know I was strapping boxes of stuff to the roof! :rotfl: :rotfl:
We are going to look very funny! LOL
Thank you all for the good wishes!
Maria it sounds like you have a great place to stay and will have lots of fun!! :thumbsup2

have a good trip - Karen & Maria. I am going next week...
Thanks Pat ! May the three of us, and anyone else visiting during the month of Dec, have a wonderful time !
I see they up'd the temps for this week and into the weekend. Two days ago I checked and the highs were only going to be 65-70 and the lows were due to be in the mid to upper 40's ! Now, as of today, the highs will be 78-82 and the lows in the 60's. I'm HAPPY :goodvibes :woohoo:

MiaSRN62 said:
Thanks Pat ! May the three of us, and anyone else visiting during the month of Dec, have a wonderful time !
I see they up'd the temps for this week and into the weekend. Two days ago I checked and the highs were only going to be 65-70 and the lows were due to be in the mid to upper 40's ! Now, as of today, the highs will be 78-82 and the lows in the 60's. I'm HAPPY :goodvibes :woohoo:

Wahhhoooo!! I am glad to hear its going to be warmer!! I want to leave the cold here and play in the warm weather! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh I have a question for you guys with kids. I have a guest coming in after me and they wanted to know if you can rent lockers at Disney... I have not been to Magic Kingdom in a while and I have no idea if they rent lockers there or not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter