• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving for BLT today!!..UPDATE...more pics of BLT added 9/14..cruise pics added 9/15

I totally agree!!! Parents should always watch kids on a balcony. But that step up is just unforgivable. That picture tells it all. Once at that level, whether the overall height of the railing meets code or not, it is dangerous. It reminds me of a balcony from the 70's...

Thanks for the info about the TOTWL. Greatly appreciated. :)
December can't come soon enough....I don't care if the rooms are small (we are in a Studio SV)...I plan to chill in that lounge :thumbsup2! Then just fall into bed. Floorspace? who needs floorspace..

Hope you and the princesses continue to have a wonderful stay :yay:

Edit...afterthought: I think I just worked out why the balconies are the way they are. I just saw a picture of a view looking at the contemporary and they seem to have replicated that design. I have never seen the contemporary balconies close up so I could be wrong...but it is a guess...and matches my instinct that this is a 70's design. Of course the contemporary is at a SLOPE...so there wouldn't be as much of an issue I would think???

I'm so glad that you guys are having a wonderful trip with the added bonus of not having to wait in lines. Thanks for sharing your BLT pictures too:hug:...I agree that the railing is *not* a good design at all. :scared1:

The railing ITSELF is the same as that of the Contemporary. HOWEVER, the CR does NOT have that cement "step" under it as does the BLT. :sad1: And while a child can stick their toes under the railing at the CR, and maybe step up on the bottom rung, it then doesn't cause them to be able to easily hang over the top rail.

Your excitement really comes through in your posts! Glad you are having such a great familiy vacation!

Thank you for taking time on your vacation to share it with us! You have a stunning view, though I agree that the studio looks way small. Maybe for just a couple without kids, but otherwise I would have to have a 1 BR if we ever stay there!
Yikes about that balcony issue! :scared1:
Please email your pics and concerns to Disney. I doubt they would go back and re-do a brand-new hotel, but they should be made aware. Not every parent would be as diligent as you are to watch their kids out there.

Wow--that is one scary balcony :scared: We have a SV for November so I think I am going to request a ground floor--especially with a 2yo who likes to climb :scared:

Sounds like you are having a great time! Thanks for posting!

As the mother of a 45 inch tall 4 year old, I appreciate you posting those photos of the balcony. Yikes! I hope that someone thinks twice about that design. I will definitely be keeping the balcony door locked unless I am personally out on the balcony as well. Thank you for the heads-up!

We are now in the airport waiting for our flight home......DCL is super quick to get you out and now we have some time to kill. I am EXHAUSTED!!!! But it is all for wonderful reasons, what an amazing vacation. The cruise was fantastic, did I mention that when we went to board our room was upgraded???? WOWZERS!!! It was our incentive cruise no less....very suprising. Once we get settled later I will post more pics....and I got some real nice ones of BLT from the MK!!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip. It sounds like you may need a vacation to rest up from your vacation.

Loving your pics! We were in 7306, it was a standard view and I loved the location. Your view is above the trees and looks wonderful!

As I promised, more pictures. These are all shots of the exterior of BLT...you really can't help but take more and more pictures , it is beautiful!!

BLT from the train at MK

IMG_1050.jpg

The skyway

IMG_1107.jpg

The front of BLT from the skyway

IMG_1108.jpg

The south tower from the skyway

IMG_1109.jpg

The front from the contemporary

IMG_1113.jpg

The skyway

IMG_1122.jpg

And the south tower from the contemporary grounds

IMG_1123.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Although I still feel like I am rocking in the ocean, two days after the cruise, the cruise was a perfect ending to our first Disney trip. It was great to have everything in one place and to have our dining decisions made for us. The servers were wonderful, knew our girls names from the first meal which really leaves a great impression. We participated in a FE so of course the girls knew which cabin was ours and ran down the hall each time to see if more 'presents' were left for them. :cutie: The shows on the ship were fantastic, broadway quality and beautifully done. The girls were exhausted each night (8pm is the normal bed time...but we know all the rules go out the window when you are on a disney vacation!!) but as soon as the show started, their eyes got wide and they were mesmorized right up thru the end. And DVC was great during the trip...from the 'welcome' magnet on our door to the daily messages reminding us to stop by for our daily suprise.

My husband and I have been floored with this trip and DVC. We are so excited that we made the decision to become members and this was the perfect time of year to introduce our girls to the Disney magic..... Now we are looking forward to planning many, many more vacations!!!

And here come the pics from the cruise:

At the dock in Nassau

IMG_1187.jpg

Coming into port at Castaway Cay

IMG_1194.jpg

The girls posing for yet another picture

IMG_1198.jpg

View from the beach

IMG_1245.jpg

And finally, the Disney Wonder

IMG_1304.jpg

Thanks so much Lisa....loved all the pics and reporting. Quick question....what is "FE" on the cruise?

SO glad you had such a :wizard: time!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter