Leaving an attraction early...

vettechick99

<font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br
I don't mean the chicken exit. Moreso after it's already started. I know that if it's a ride, you are pretty much stuck on it. But what about shows and movies and whatnot. Do you just find a CM to help you out? I don't anticipate any issues since she is so easy-going, but you never really know when a 18m old is going to show out. :rotfl: TIA!

yes, you can leave the shows early. I did this a lot with DD when she was 6 months. When you enter the rows make sure you are one of the first ones down the aisle so that you are seated all the way at the end and the exit doors are right there, you don't have to find a CM before you leave, just push the door open.

vettechick99, OT- I remember looking at your wedding pictures when you got married. I just wanted to tell you your little girl is just adorable.

You can leave just about any show before it's over. Disney has anticipated antsy children. It's usually a mob scene going into these shows so getting over all the way to the end of a row might seem impossible. But go all the way to the "top" of the theatre. Very few people will sit up there so it'll be easier to get a seat towards the exit. You can also ask the people right next to the exit to switch with you. Most people will do so willingly when you explain why. And if they don't, well, they will have to be inconvenienced if you do have to leave early. They were warned.

As the PP said, try to get to the end of the aisle so you don't disturb anyone when leaving and you can leave during any show.

We had to do it with DD twice in our trips... the cms will be by the exit doors and will help you out. They were all very nice, we did try to avoid having to climb over too many people to get out. You will not have a problem.

One year, it must have been 1997, My DD(4)at the time, now 15, was afraid of one of the big screens. I forget the ride but it was in MK and it was dinosaurs on a huge screen(not there anymore) and I had to get her out of there she was screaming so loud. Well, I tried to find a CM and couldn't, but did find a door that said EXIT. Went out that door noone to be seen, I followed the hallway and at the end was a door to the outside (yeah) so I thought, it was the back of the ride there was nowhere to go other than jump over a fence!!! Imagine me and a 4 yr old, I was waiting to get arrested for being somewhere I shouldn't but not one person came. THought for sure there was someone watching me on video camera or something(probably laughing hysterically :lmao: popcorn:: seeing my trying to get out!!). Well, eventually we got over the fence and found my family. What an experience!!:scared: It is much easier now a days.

Caution: Carousel of Progress is a ride and you may not leave it early.

Disney hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Actually, you can though I would not recommend this in any way. In 2004 my 10yo daughter had a bathroom emergency about halfway through. So we went to the back of the theater and opened the door while it was moving. Once the door opened the theater immediately stopped its rotation. Before we took 4 steps 2 CMs ran around the corner to see what was wrong. I told them and although they were more scared than angry they just told us to go.
Bob

Thanks everyone. We will definitely skip COP this time around. I wouldn't take her to a movie so we'll skip all those types of attractions til she's older.

tolookaa, :lmao: I can only imagine the sight!

vettechick99, OT- I remember looking at your wedding pictures when you got married. I just wanted to tell you your little girl is just adorable.

Aw, thanks! Can you believe how time flies? It seems like just yesterday we were dating - now we've got a vettechicklet mommy needs to brainwash. ::MickeyMo ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter